BJ Penn's New Book Is Surrounded With Controversy, Questions About

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » BJ Penn's New Book Is Surrounded With Controversy, Questions About
MaxOne
4/21/10 3:40:04PM
Apr 21, 2010 - Former UFC lightweight champion B.J. Penn released his new book entitled "Why I Fight" last week, and with it brought some interesting stories and questions to the surface regarding Dana White and the UFC's business practices.

A couple weeks before Penn's book was set to hit the bookshelves, Dana White somewhat curiously took issue with the release of the book and why some things, which I'll get to in a bit, were discussed.
Link
TheGodfather1024
4/21/10 3:50:30PM
Its from Penn, what do you exptect
MaxOne
4/21/10 3:58:38PM
the chunk they quoted sounds totally realistic. Dana has done stuff like that in public before.

maybe that's the small percentage that is accurate
BigIP
4/21/10 4:03:51PM
That totally sounds like Dana 100%. I believe it's true but God knows best.
MaxOne
4/21/10 4:13:52PM
remember how after BJ left the UFC it was like he never existed?
mrsmiley
4/21/10 4:23:24PM
That sounds just like Dana.
He should take the high road and just say "BJ has his side and I have my side. If you want my side of the story,check out my book which will be out sometime next year."

That's how a promoter promotes himself.
BigIP
4/21/10 4:32:35PM
Dana complaining about it only attracts more attention and will ultimately sell more books for BJ.
BlueSkiesBurn
4/21/10 5:40:59PM
I'm sold this actually took place by the "you're scorched earth" comment. That SCREAMS Dana
tmas
4/21/10 7:01:21PM
it took place i actually heard about this years ago.
MaxOne
4/21/10 7:07:53PM
I think we've all heard this story. It's not the first time BJ explained what down between him and dana. That just happens to be the excerpt they pulled out but that might not be one of the ones that dana is complaining about....who knows?

grappler0000
4/21/10 7:31:30PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I'm sold this actually took place by the "you're scorched earth" comment. That SCREAMS Dana

Actually it screams Les Grossman, but I know what ya mean.
sbulldavid
4/21/10 9:18:17PM
I remember BJ falling off the planet, I could believe it.
GSPCanada
4/21/10 10:07:01PM
I believe it. What I don't believe is dana saying bj denied it. In BJ's video documentary he even said Dana wasn't willing to pay him. Personally I don't really care much for Dana he's done alot of good things for mma and building the ufc, but the guy is starting to get outspoken and listening to the guy talk is starting to annoy me, I'm hoping that some of the better fighters in the ufc start stepping up forcing him to tone it down or retire
BlueSkiesBurn
4/21/10 10:21:27PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

haha, I'll cradle the balls, stroke the shaft, work the pipe and SWALLOW the gravy.
chickmagnet
4/22/10 3:09:53AM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

"Tugg Speedman is a dying star, a white dwarf headed for a black hole, thats physics, its inevitable!"

-Les Grossman

"But seriously, a nutless monkey could do your job"

-Les Grossman

hahaahah
BlueSkiesBurn
4/22/10 3:37:29AM
Les Grossman - Now I want you to take a step back... and literally f*ck your own face!
Iamsocrates
4/22/10 9:33:44AM
People can say pretty much what they want. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. It sounds like something Dana would do and say. Most people would not talk about their boss though. There are a few who will. It seems to me that there are a lot of UFC fighters that talk about Dana and his business practice. Oh well.
grappler0000
4/22/10 12:34:33PM
More specifically, here's where the scorched earth quote comes from...

Warning: language is not safe for work
Les Grossman
sbulldavid
4/22/10 2:06:03PM
Yeah, I think that part was probably dramatized a bit, but I would agree that the facts were all there.