Penn and MacDonald to VADA? 'VADA, WADA, badda, nada,' says UFC boss White

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Penn and MacDonald to VADA? 'VADA, WADA, badda, nada,' says UFC boss White
prophecy033
8/3/12 12:05:48AM
UFC president Dana White said he won't stand in the way of B.J. Penn and Rory MacDonald's enrollment with the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA).

Despite the fact that a positive pre-event drug test could cast a cloud over their fight at UFC 152, White said the decision was "their business."

"B.J. wants to go drug test every friggin' two days, good for him," White on Thursday told MMAjunkie.com. "Knock yourself out."

Link
DancingDoll
8/3/12 12:39:33AM
Maybe BJ should hook himself up with some PEDs and test positive on purpose. It would be a good excuse to get himself out of a fight that I don't think he's going to be ready for.

I find these tests a little over the top, and I can see what Penn is doing by fishing with them and trying to stir things up. Dana is not impressed, and I don't blame him. This is a lot of effort for nothing. Rory will turn up clean.

At least there won't be any excuses left on the table when BJ gets totally dominated and ragdolled in that fight - that's the only positive thing I see coming out of it.
frizzzlecake
8/3/12 3:02:04AM

Posted by DancingDoll

Maybe BJ should hook himself up with some PEDs and test positive on purpose.

airkerma
8/3/12 8:50:59AM
Yes Dana, downplay it so we can maintain the 'it's too damn hard to test all our guys' charade.
tcunningham
8/3/12 12:22:36PM
bj has been all about drug testing for a while now. i think he should focus this fight with MacDonald because from what ive seen in rory's last several fights, he is coming to hurt people. rory could be a champ one day
Goatenstein
8/3/12 4:06:02PM

Posted by DancingDoll

Maybe BJ should hook himself up with some PEDs and test positive on purpose. It would be a good excuse to get himself out of a fight that I don't think he's going to be ready for.

I find these tests a little over the top, and I can see what Penn is doing by fishing with them and trying to stir things up. Dana is not impressed, and I don't blame him. This is a lot of effort for nothing. Rory will turn up clean.

At least there won't be any excuses left on the table when BJ gets totally dominated and ragdolled in that fight - that's the only positive thing I see coming out of it.

Yeah it's real over the top wanting to fight other clean fighters.
DancingDoll
8/3/12 4:17:24PM

Posted by Goatenstein

Posted by DancingDoll

These are outside what they normally do. The regular tests do pick up those that aren't fighting clean already. I'm not an expert on roid cycles and the number of tests they already do, but this shouldn't be the focus leading up to this fight (which it seems to have become in BJ's camp).
prophecy033
8/3/12 4:18:49PM

Posted by Goatenstein

Posted by DancingDoll

If BJ was worried about getting into the ring with a juiced up fighter he wouldn't have asked VADA to wait till after to release the results. It seems like he thinks all tristar guys cheat.
george112
8/3/12 4:24:43PM
People really need to watch a bj highlight or something

EVERY fight he has, this preparation talk ALWAYS comes up. Give the guy a break. His fights are never boring

he either gets beat or he wins.It's not like he goes out like a punk.

I really hope he wins. Sooo many people are gonna hop aboard the bandwagon. Never fails
prophecy033
8/3/12 4:42:34PM

Posted by george112

People really need to watch a bj highlight or something

EVERY fight he has, this preparation talk ALWAYS comes up. Give the guy a break. His fights are never boring

he either gets beat or he wins.It's not like he goes out like a punk.

I really hope he wins. Sooo many people are gonna hop aboard the bandwagon. Never fails

I've never been a big Penn fan. With that said, I don't always pick him to win but I also never pick him to lose. Impartial I guess
Goatenstein
8/4/12 11:21:20AM

Posted by DancingDoll

Posted by Goatenstein

Posted by DancingDoll

These are outside what they normally do. The regular tests do pick up those that aren't fighting clean already. I'm not an expert on roid cycles and the number of tests they already do, but this shouldn't be the focus leading up to this fight (which it seems to have become in BJ's camp).

The regular tests allowed Lamont Peterson to fight dirty but test clean against Amir Khan last year. So no, the regular tests don't always show who's cheating. This all seems like BJ Penn haters crying to me. If Rory had asked for the testing no one would be whining like this.