Penn vs. MacDonald! It's on!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Penn vs. MacDonald! It's on!
Next Page »
FastKnockout
6/5/12 10:43:46PM
BJ accepted! I'd post the article but I'm on my PS3.
Aether
6/5/12 10:52:28PM
BJ is going to get crushed IMO, and Rory will probably get a title shot after this.
kopower
6/5/12 10:53:58PM

Posted by Aether

BJ is going to get crushed IMO, and Rory will probably get a title shot after this.

Yeah, not to excited about this fight.
BossHog
6/5/12 10:54:22PM
I've accepted a few BJs in my time, but I'm not sure why you would feel the need to post about it on an MMA site...???
KungFuMaster
6/5/12 11:07:54PM
The Penn just won't sink will it?
Budgellism
6/5/12 11:11:38PM

Posted by FastKnockout

I saw that on bloodyelbow a few minutes ago. This is a great fight to see where Rory is at right now. If he can beat the piss out of Penn like he did with mills that will really make a statement.

With that being said I wish Lightweights were calling him out instead.
Twenty20Dollars
6/5/12 11:13:07PM
I hope it doesn't. Better matchups out there.
prophecy033
6/5/12 11:29:00PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

The Penn just won't sink will it?

I see what you did there
grappler0000
6/5/12 11:36:51PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by FastKnockout

I saw that on bloodyelbow a few minutes ago. This is a great fight to see where Rory is at right now. If he can beat the piss out of Penn like he did with mills that will really make a statement.

With that being said I wish Lightweights were calling him out instead.

I think most lightweights know better.
george112
6/5/12 11:49:37PM
I'm going to laugh out loud whenever BJ pulls off the upset.

However I will do the same whenever Rory whoops that ass also
Chael_Sonnen
6/6/12 12:15:14AM
An in-shape motivated Beej will.......still get his ass handed to him!

Rory is gonna stick that Canadian Leaf so far up Beej's ass he won't be able to jump off his little Niagara Falls in Heello.

Dog the bounty hunter needs to arrest Beej asap for being an "alleged" fighter......
Pookie
6/6/12 12:36:57AM
This is the fight to test Macdonald's wrestling. Penn in the first round outwrestles Fitch. Penn at +200 or higher is a must bet.
Adrenaline
6/6/12 3:34:00AM
Don't really know how to feel about this. I'm of course exstatic that BJ will probably fight again but I can't help but think that this just a case of using a legend, in the wrong weight class, at the wrong time of his career to build up the name of an up and comer. I'd pick BJ against just about anyone at 155 but MacDonald is a beast of a welterweight and hell of a fight to return to after a lay off. Hats off to Penn though, he never takes easy fights.

Get some BJ
Kpro
6/6/12 5:19:17AM
I posted in the news thread before knowing we had a thread in here, so I'll put it here since discussions last longer in this forum
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------:

His 170 return still brings up questions as he's 1-1-1 and it's really not a bad list. How many WW's out there would've gone through Hughes/Fitch without a loss and then stood in the pocket and lasted 15 minutes with Diaz? It's not like he's had a final 3 fights like Liddell. He knocked out a HOF'er, fought to a draw with a perennial contender, and stood toe to toe with arguably the best boxer in his weight class, something the interim champ, who's an excellent striker, wouldn't attempt. Would Rory have done any better against those three? If his head is in the right place this fight could surprise, and if Rory wins no excuses.
prozacnation1978
6/6/12 9:05:50AM
I like it. Anything to lure bj out of retirement.
Sign it already
State_Champ
6/6/12 11:03:34AM
I'm leaning towards BJ...

I'm sure BJ will win the 1st round, but round 2 and 3 worry me.

BJ will have the better boxing, and the TDD to at least make Rory work to put him on his back.

DancingDoll
6/6/12 11:15:34AM
When BJ was at the top of his game, he was a dangerous fighter. I have no idea what level he's going to come back at after his blip of a retirement.

It's going to offer some challenges in the first round, but Rory is a big WW and we saw him take Nate to task when he tried to play with the WW guys last year. BJ may be strong for his size, but he's definitely more of a LW kind of guy.

After BJ burns out his initial aggressive onslaught in Round 1, I see some major ragdolling and GNP in store for him as Rory gets another impressive win to add to the resume.
prophecy033
6/6/12 1:02:49PM

Posted by DancingDoll

When BJ was at the top of his game, he was a dangerous fighter. I have no idea what level he's going to come back at after his blip of a retirement.

It's going to offer some challenges in the first round, but Rory is a big WW and we saw him take Nate to task when he tried to play with the WW guys last year. BJ may be strong for his size, but he's definitely more of a LW kind of guy.

After BJ burns out his initial aggressive onslaught in Round 1, I see some major ragdolling and GNP in store for him as Rory gets another impressive win to add to the resume.

FlashyG
6/6/12 2:30:20PM

Posted by Aether

Which he would decline as he has said he won't fight GSP.

Besides he has Hendricks and Condit ahead of him in line for a shot. He'll have to take another fight before getting any title consideration
scoozna
6/6/12 2:52:53PM
I'm shocked, shocked that Penn is coming out of retirement.

I wonder if it will be a 5 rounder...hmmmm.
ghandikush
6/6/12 3:48:56PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by DancingDoll

Stylistically it seems like a diaz penn rematch. I see lanky bitchslapping coming penns way.
crushedbacon
6/6/12 8:41:33PM
I think this is just a nightmare of a match up for BJ, this one and about 13 other guys in the Top 15 @ WW. About 1:30 into Round 1, Strikeforce and the Gilbert Melendez fight is gonna be looking like a great idea. But with that said, what a BJ move taking this fight, respect.
Aether
6/7/12 1:24:03AM

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Aether

Besides he has Hendricks and Condit ahead of him in line for a shot. He'll have to take another fight before getting any title consideration

You know that Condit is holding the interim belt, right? Is he going to get a title shot against himself? GSP is not a consideration right now, as far as the rest of the division is concerned, Condit is the champ, for now.
bigrand826
6/7/12 9:19:00AM

Posted by Aether

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Aether

You know that Condit is holding the interim belt, right? Is he going to get a title shot against himself? GSP is not a consideration right now, as far as the rest of the division is concerned, Condit is the champ, for now.

Yes, but Condit it also waiting for GSP to return. I think Condit should be fighting, but he's missed out on his title shot due to circumstances outside his control so I can understand why he's choosing to sit and wait. I just think that if he's got the interim belt he should be defending it not keeping it on the shelf along with the real belt and creating some ambiguity as to where the rest of the division stands.
sonicsmokesweed
6/10/12 4:56:07PM
BJ by Submission
FlashyG
6/11/12 12:26:29AM

Posted by Aether

Posted by FlashyG

Posted by Aether

Condescend much? of course I know Condit is the Interim Champ, which is an essentially meaningless belt since he had no intention of defending it once he won it. Even if Rory does beat BJ and GSP has a setback, Rory wouldn't fight Condit for an interim title either, since he wouldn't fight the real title holder should he win it.

Aether
6/12/12 6:41:13PM
It wasn't intended to be condescending, you talk about the situation as if the interim belt doesn't exist, it was a legitimate question.

MacDonald wanted Condit, settles for Penn
george112
6/12/12 6:47:19PM
So with all that being said.

What happens if BJ wins?

Title shot??

BigDaddy13
6/13/12 1:50:31PM
I see this being good for Rory win or lose.
Win - He beats a legend and proves himself.
Lose - He gains experience and finds out if he
is ready or not at really young age.

BigDaddy
ChrisSabal
6/14/12 12:28:41AM
I believe Rory takes this fight. Penn just hasn't been the same and Rory will have the help of GSP to how to approach the fight.
Pages: [1] 2