BJ Penn is a little small...

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » BJ Penn is a little small...
breakdown5
8/8/09 7:30:31AM
“His intensity seemed forced, and he seemed a little small. I am ready to go five five-minute rounds, and we will see tomorrow night if he is ready too. I sacrificed a lot more than B.J. B.J. may have done a lot to get ready for this fight, but I doubt he did more than me. I have dotted all my I’s and crossed all my T’s, I am ready to go.” - Kenflo

LINKAGE

I thought Kenny looked smaller than BJ, but what do I know...

EDIT: Sorry if this belongs with the news and not here...

prozacnation1978
8/8/09 10:23:21AM
i don't know i always thought if there is one guy to beat penn it is kenny if penn beats kenny i don't know who could beat penn at 155,
SpiderSilva
8/8/09 12:03:15PM
I really think kenflo has been hyped a ton out of all the fights he has no one has the stand up or ground game of BJ Kenny is going to get walked over and everyone will remember just how good(can jump out of 3 ft of water) he is
Irish_Pride
8/8/09 12:16:20PM
BJ really didn't look that small to me. I mean he is shorter than Kenny but he seems bigger because Kenny is a skinny lightweight. I still think Kenny has a good chance at beating BJ another person that I think has a chance at beating BJ is Diego Sanchez, other than that I don't think anyone else in the lightweight division can beat him.
ohnougotme
8/8/09 12:22:40PM
BJ looked awesome,He is already bigger the Kenny,and tonight the difference will be noticable.Kenny has a 3 in 10 chance.I really hope he wins,but my brain says BJ.My heart will always be with the underdog vs Penn.BJ has the larger frame and his weight distribution makes the body types so different.BJ's upper body looked awesome!!!!
fizzle
8/8/09 12:46:17PM
As much as it annoys me, frankly its hard to see where Kenny can win because BJ is better pretty much everywhere. Foot work and reach i guess go to Kenny, but punching power and ground game go to BJ, even though Kenny is more than competent and comparable in all aspects. Kenny as a real decent shot here, but its a shot that I don't think is going to come to fruition.
imanidiot777
8/8/09 12:50:03PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i don't know i always thought if there is one guy to beat penn it is kenny if penn beats kenny i don't know who could beat penn at 155,

Diego Sanchez
fizzle
8/8/09 1:03:08PM
See I disagree with Diego being in a position to take the title away from BJ if Kenny can't. At this point in their careers, I think Kenflo would either wreck Diego or win a decision with little trouble. Kenny has been at 155 way longer and their original fight was so long ago in their careers and they've both changed since then. Nothing against Diego but I feel that if Kenny just gets stomped out by BJ, Diego doesn't have much of a shot either.
seanfu
8/8/09 1:13:24PM

Posted by imanidiot777

Diego Sanchez

Franky Edgar.
higdon10
8/8/09 1:19:10PM
BJ is superior everywhere, he will be in control of the fight no matter where it goes. Baby J all day!
nickcuc547
8/8/09 2:50:58PM

Posted by seanfu

Posted by imanidiot777

Diego Sanchez

Franky Edgar.

Whoa, now i think we're taking it a little too far.
jae_1833
8/8/09 3:17:26PM
Andy Wang
noahgenda
8/8/09 3:33:46PM
I think Sanchez has a better shot at knocking off bj than kenflo does
team_demon_fighter
8/8/09 5:43:58PM

Posted by noahgenda

I think Sanchez has a better shot at knocking off bj than kenflo does

team_demon_fighter
8/8/09 5:48:45PM
kenflo hasnt beat a top fighter in the ufc lightweight division, he has beat everyone he fought. yes, but the ufc carried this guy back. ufc loves him... he lost to sean sherk easily, dont care if he cut him, wow, and lost to diego a long time ago. plus never fought gray maynard, clay guida, frank edgar, nate diaz., any of the other decent ones. he just beats joe stevenson and super duper over hyped roger huerta. so i dont see how he or anyone in here can actually with pure confidence say kenflo can and will beat bj penn. i hate bj penn, but im not that stupid.. the only reason kenflo has a chance is the old saying "anyone can beat anyone" but even that statement is almost false here... kenflo is getting totally destroyed in the 1st or 2nd, depends on how bj penn feels...
clintjack
8/8/09 5:51:31PM

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by seanfu

Posted by imanidiot777

Diego Sanchez

Franky Edgar.

Gray Maynard
slapshot
8/8/09 9:19:46PM

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by seanfu

Posted by imanidiot777

Diego Sanchez

Franky Edgar.

I dont see why, Edgar is a better fighter then kenflo IMO. I think anyone that can make BJ work and tire him out has a advantage over fighters that cant ,Gray comes to mind as well.

BJ is not invincible and has a lot of challengers waiting, he's only defended his title once and I think its premature to put him on a pedestal. I think he should beat Kenny but he can be challenged.

Ive always felt he always had his best fights when he was smaller and had less weight to pack around so IMO a trimmer BJ more dangerous.