Penn vs Kos

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Penn vs Kos
POLL: Would you wanna see it if you could despite rankings.
Yup 75% (15)
No 25% (5)
seanfu
9/9/10 2:21:34PM
I had thought about posting this right before I was banned. Does this strike anyone as it does me? I'm not saying this is a very practical matchup to happen since that would mean another run at a beast of a GSP.

I was thinking though about how interesting the standup war would be between those two. I don't think Kos has the skills or brains to put BJ down ever and BJ has hella standup. The size difference would be really interesting imo.

What you all think?
emfleek
9/9/10 2:29:22PM
I enjoy watching both fighters. I think it would be an exciting standup war that would likely go to a decision, with BJ edging out Kos.
seanfu
9/9/10 3:34:12PM

Posted by emfleek

I enjoy watching both fighters. I think it would be an exciting standup war that would likely go to a decision, with BJ edging out Kos.

I just wonder if Kos would try to take him down in the third and I wonder if BJ's jab would bust his face up enough for a stoppage.
Pookie
9/9/10 5:42:15PM
I think Kos wouldn't pull off the takedowns, and do his stand and bang thing. With his style of punching i think BJ's jab would give him problems but more importantly, i think Koscheck runs into an uppercut a'la Penn v. Hughes/Stevenson and Thiago v. Koscheck. From there i think Penn wrabs him up, gets on his back and drew fickett's koscheck.

lohmann
9/10/10 12:46:53AM
Penn needs to stay at lightweight.
Taylor8766
9/11/10 6:45:33PM
Yup After GSP is done destroying Kos, give him to BJ so BJ can give him another ass whoopin.