BJ Penn: UFC Interviewer Telling Me What To Say About Nick Diaz

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » BJ Penn: UFC Interviewer Telling Me What To Say About Nick Diaz
uedamasa
9/14/11 6:13:38AM
MiniMan
9/14/11 11:30:49AM
Nice find buddy. I like real interviews like that
prozacnation1978
9/14/11 12:05:12PM
I wouldn't be suprised if the ufc tells fighters what to say
Poor_Franklin
9/14/11 1:30:34PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

neither would I
FastKnockout
9/14/11 2:21:33PM
This is what made me skeptical about the Evans/Rampage beef BEFORE TUF. It felt like the UFC was pushing the rivalry, and when it starts to feel fake I just can't pump myself up for it, same way with professional wrestling and why I'm not a fan.

Although I do think a lot of real beef was started DURING TUF. The UFC might have pushed it for the show, but during filming I honestly think they found something they disliked about each other.
prophecy033
9/14/11 7:53:02PM
I've been noticing a lot lately that the intros to the pay-per-views seem fake, almost like their reading off a monitor or cue card. This may not be the case but something funny is going on. If the beef is genuine then it will show, if its not just let it go. Personally I respect the guys that can say their friends but they have a job to do. Like Forrest and Franklin, those two guys were walking to the locker room together after their fight, talking about this punch and that kick. That's cool sh*t right there
mrsmiley
9/15/11 9:16:40AM
It doesn't really suprise me.
I still think they where telling Tito what to say when he stepped in the cage to confront Chuck- "Iceman,more like the Snowman!"
Picture Ben Stiller saying that and it's even funnier.

I think Zuffa,much like reality tv likes to manipulate things to look a certain way. They want to convey things their way. I guess,well take this for example; when Royce came back to fight Hughes they totally ignored his MMA record and only listed his UFC record before and during the event.
Goldberg was always saying, "Unbeaten......Inside the octagon!"
Bruce buffer announced his pro -record,not his UFC record (keep that in mind) as 11-0. Ignoring all three of his draws and his one lost,in arguably the greatest MMA fight of all time.
Yes it added to the hype because a lot casual fans assumed Royce had never been beaten,and their are still those out their today that believe Hughes was the first and this drives me crazy.
It's reminscent of when a guy leaves one wrestling organization for another and they rebrand him and ignore the past history.
It's understandable to a degree but if memory serves me right Zuffa had already acquired Pride by this time.
emfleek
9/15/11 9:34:15AM
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
kingsmasher
9/15/11 11:40:42AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

or do...in some situations... I mean really you dont think teh UFC loves it when fighters get in almost fights before a fight...we can all admit it pumps us up...if everyone walked around hand shaking and patting each other on the back...would get kinda stale..

I actually I know in a great minority here but have no problem with UFC being scripted like wrestling but with actual fights...I mean of course some guys would actually hate each other..

I would not doubt to see it happen in teh next 5 years...I mean the entrances to fights and all are entertainment and the UFC will have to continually evolve to attract more people...Not too mention then you actually get the wrestling fans for real...

In the end MMA is entertainment and promoters will do anything to make more money cause theres never enough...
ghandikush
9/15/11 2:24:01PM

Posted by mrsmiley

It doesn't really suprise me.
I still think they where telling Tito what to say when he stepped in the cage to confront Chuck- "Iceman,more like the Snowman!"
Picture Ben Stiller saying that and it's even funnier.

I think Zuffa,much like reality tv likes to manipulate things to look a certain way. They want to convey things their way. I guess,well take this for example; when Royce came back to fight Hughes they totally ignored his MMA record and only listed his UFC record before and during the event.
Goldberg was always saying, "Unbeaten......Inside the octagon!"
Bruce buffer announced his pro -record,not his UFC record (keep that in mind) as 11-0. Ignoring all three of his draws and his one lost,in arguably the greatest MMA fight of all time.
Yes it added to the hype because a lot casual fans assumed Royce had never been beaten,and their are still those out their today that believe Hughes was the first and this drives me crazy.
It's reminscent of when a guy leaves one wrestling organization for another and they rebrand him and ignore the past history.
It's understandable to a degree but if memory serves me right Zuffa had already acquired Pride by this time.

Not to mention Royce ha a technical loss from withdrawing from the tournament after his exhaution after the Kimo fight.
crushedbacon
9/16/11 1:46:09AM