BJ Penn insists: I'm staying retired

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » BJ Penn insists: I'm staying retired
prophecy033
4/19/12 12:39:04AM
BJ Penn appeared to confirm the end of his MMA career on Saturday, revealing he cannot see one challenge that could tempt him out of retirement.

Penn, one of only two men to win a UFC title in separate divisions, hung up his mitts after defeat to Nick Diaz. However, he has since been quoted as saying that he would return if he began to feel the fire once again.

The Hawaiian has been linked to fights with Gilbert Melendez and new UFC lightweight champion Ben Henderson, but the Prodigy appears to be very happy to stay outside of the Octagon.

"I haven't made any plans to come back and fight again," Penn said on Fuel TV. "Dana White has called me a few times, but I'm staying retired.

Link
Poor_Franklin
4/19/12 5:10:53AM
i honestly hope he doesnt get talked into staying unless it's someone he can truly get motivated for. an unmotivated BJ is not what i want to see, so if this is how he feels then i hope he stays retired.

mattjonesy
4/19/12 7:17:23AM
Would like to see him go out on a win but theres no need to come out of retirement if is head isnt in it. One of the greatest to fight in MMA he will be missed!
BuffaloDave
4/19/12 10:48:22AM
The only way I see him fighting again, is if GSP loses the belt within a year or two, and gets offered GSP.
TeamDEY
4/19/12 11:03:07AM
He will stay retired, unless the money is right.
postman
4/19/12 11:55:47AM

Posted by BuffaloDave

The only way I see him fighting again, is if GSP loses the belt within a year or two, and gets offered GSP.

Why in the world would he want that fight?
airkerma
4/19/12 1:07:09PM
Please Senor J, do go on:
Got ya bitches, I'm not done yet!
Budgellism
4/19/12 1:27:25PM
Unless it's a fight with Condit (Not while he has the interim title or the regular title if he manages to win it) or a return to the LW division I think BJ should just stay retired.

A return to LW would really get me excited though.
prozacnation1978
4/19/12 8:48:41PM
I doubt he stays retired. He will be back in 2013
Pskinner_mma314
4/20/12 3:08:19PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i honestly hope he doesnt get talked into staying unless it's someone he can truly get motivated for. an unmotivated BJ is not what i want to see, so if this is how he feels then i hope he stays retired.

Said it once, I'll say it again, a motivated BJ sounds like when your girlfriend is trying
REALLY hard to get you off.