bj penn 30% (8)
mikek32293
4/23/08 10:19:36AM
what are your thoughts
woodmo
4/23/08 11:11:00AM
My thoughts are that these should be posted in:

MMA Lounge
The place for general MMA talk, cross-organization MMA topics, asking questions, and pondering light-hearted topics such as dream matchups and rankings.
hippysmacker
4/23/08 11:37:03AM

Posted by woodmo

My thoughts are that these should be posted in:

MMA Lounge
The place for general MMA talk, cross-organization MMA topics, asking questions, and pondering light-hearted topics such as dream matchups and rankings.

Yep

Anyway, to the thread starter. You may not know this, but they already fought once and GSP won. BJ brutalized him in the stand up in round 1, but once GSP resorted to taking him down he controlled both rounds 2& 3 to get the UD .It was actually this fight that made me think he would eventually be the guy to dethrone Hughes . Most people would crumble after that 1rst round, and his face was seriously beat up, but GSP sucked it up & came out the winner. Heart of a champion and all that stuff..
Aaronno9
4/23/08 11:37:20AM
I think b.j would probably bloody up gsp in the first round, then gsp would realise he cant win the stand up then use his wrestling to keep bj down for the second and third round and win a decision.
mrkennedy
4/23/08 12:57:39PM
no doubt GSP
Tein_Lung
4/23/08 1:09:33PM
my thought are this is the eleventy billionth post on the same damn subject and its getting old...
mikek32293
4/23/08 1:34:02PM
oo srry i dont go on this site every day like you noobs
bls1919
4/23/08 5:52:06PM
I have to go with BJ on this one. GSP as of late has been avoiding staying on his feet and i dont think he would want to hit the mat with BJ. Even on his back BJ is phenomenal. I also give Bj the endge standing. It would be a great fight
NatedawgThaM
4/23/08 8:56:39PM
I would go BJ Penn just because he'll be 100% focused and he proved against Joe and Jens he's almost unstoppable when's motivated. He's in shape and not chubby like in the 1st fight and the 2nd Hughes fight. I think Penn would have finished GSP if he didn't gas so I think BJ Penn will be focused, work hard on that cardio and win by 2nd-3rd round stoppage.

BJ Penn as focused as he was in the 2nd Pulver fight, is probably the best fighter P4P in the world. I think he would be that focused against GSP a 2nd time around too.