Penn gives insight as to why Rory pulled out

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Penn gives insight as to why Rory pulled out
airkerma
8/16/12 11:31:45AM
linkage
“I know the reason why Rory pulled out on September 22nd. The cut is a detail but I know the reason why he pulled out is because he knew he wasn’t gonna win."
george112
8/16/12 12:07:32PM
I don't know what bj is talking about. That cut was pretty nasty. Why risk a stoppage because of it. Let the cut heal then fight. That way there would be no excuses
grappler0000
8/16/12 12:13:27PM
Aren't they still fighting??? If so, who cares?

edit: directed at BJ, not TS

george112
8/16/12 12:16:26PM

Posted by grappler0000

Aren't they still fighting??? If so, who cares?

edit: directed at BJ, not TS

That's what I'm saying.

A few months later is no big deal.

If anything he should be happy that its a December card. More time for him to get into shape.

I will not accept any excuses from Penn conditioning wise. He better come in shape. He has plenty of time. If he doesn't it just proves that he never really took conditioning seriously imo. Always relying on only his natural abilities is just plain dumb.
Chael_Sonnen
8/16/12 12:20:18PM
BJ has a black belt in BJJ
BJ has a white belt in giving insight
scoozna
8/16/12 12:48:29PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

BJ continually comes up short in the smacktalk category. He says some strange stuff.
Franklinfan47
8/16/12 1:01:13PM

Posted by airkerma

linkage
“I know the reason why Rory pulled out on September 22nd. The cut is a detail but I know the reason why he pulled out is because he knew he wasn’t gonna win."

Michael_Corleone
8/16/12 1:19:00PM
Powerful BJ Penn!
prophecy033
8/16/12 1:22:09PM
Sure he is BJ, sure he is
hashyandy4
8/16/12 2:27:49PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Agreed
meier
8/16/12 2:53:51PM
Bj better be thankful he's not fighting bob sapp
Wallass
8/16/12 4:12:17PM
BJ is making Rory a household name with all this talk.
telnights
8/16/12 4:14:14PM
BJ really needs to get away from all the YES men around him.
Chael_Sonnen
8/16/12 5:20:33PM

Posted by telnights

BJ really needs to get away from all the YES men around him.

Beeej really needs Mike Dolce
KungFuMaster
8/16/12 5:44:22PM
I'm not too sure Penn actually believes what he says. I think he is simply learning a thing or two from Sonnen. I could be wrong though - some of those Penn fans have said some rather strange things to me when I posted on Penn's site and this is coming from me, a guy who has been accused of bizarre thoughts.

The crazy always tries to accuse another crazy he or she is more crazy.
Bubbles
8/16/12 11:57:08PM
BJ wants an easier chance to win. He most likely wont stop Rory himself and would like a doctor to end the fight just like when he fought Sanchez
Adrenaline
8/17/12 6:12:46AM

Posted by Bubbles

BJ wants an easier chance to win. He most likely wont stop Rory himself and would like a doctor to end the fight just like when he fought Sanchez

I'm not really sure what this means? He fucked up Sanchez's shit royally, doctor stoppage or not, that was one of the most lopsided beatdowns I have ever seen, he didn't need a doctors stoppage to win that fight.
DancingDoll
8/17/12 7:07:09AM

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by Bubbles

I'm not really sure what this means? He fucked up Sanchez's shit royally, doctor stoppage or not, that was one of the most lopsided beatdowns I have ever seen, he didn't need a doctors stoppage to win that fight.

If he fights early, the cut is at risk to keep re-opening, even with minor contact so it could result in a doctor stoppage early, without much real damage... potentially an easier 'doc-stop win' for BJ (thus saving him from the true beat down he's going to get from Rory the longer the fight continues).

That's the real motive for giving the cut proper time to heal - so that it doesn't screw up Rory's future fights by being something that constantly re-opens during fights.
airkerma
8/17/12 9:56:13AM

Posted by DancingDoll

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by Bubbles

If he fights early, the cut is at risk to keep re-opening, even with minor contact so it could result in a doctor stoppage early, without much real damage... potentially an easier 'doc-stop win' for BJ (thus saving him from the true beat down he's going to get from Rory the longer the fight continues).

That's the real motive for giving the cut proper time to heal - so that it doesn't screw up Rory's future fights by being something that constantly re-opens during fights.

I think Adrenaline is saying it is a poor comparison between the Sanchez fight and the Rory would be fight.

Also, BJ doesn't need Mike Dolce, he's just fine getting subway with Hughes.