BJ Penn vs Georges St. Pierre 2

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » BJ Penn vs Georges St. Pierre 2
POLL: who wins BJ vs GSP 2
BJ by ko/tko 0% (0)
BJ by submission 19% (7)
GSP by ko/tko 27% (10)
GSP by submission 3% (1)
BJ by decision 14% (5)
GSP by decision 38% (14)
Gladiator
7/29/07 6:00:38PM
how do u guys see this fight going down at 170 now?
Twenty20Dollars
7/29/07 6:17:04PM
Gsp rocks bj and tko's bj.
cmill21
7/29/07 6:20:15PM
Bj's good but GSP is so good, he'd tko him. Sad but thats what I think would happen.
Gladiator
7/29/07 6:48:21PM
not bashing anyones opinion, but i gotta say im shocked that the first guys to respond would think GSP would tko BJ. from their first fight it seemed to me that BJ was dominating the standup, i know rogan listed some excuses for GSP but i didnt think most people would still give GSP the standup advantage. IMO GSP won that first fight with his wrestling skills and outhustling BJ in the later rounds, after seeing how many people said BJ would beat hughes next time around i thought people would draw the same conclusions about him fighting GSP again.
masodd
7/29/07 7:57:48PM
BJ by submission or decision
Twenty20Dollars
7/29/07 8:49:40PM
well their both different fighters now than back then.
Gladiator
7/29/07 8:59:32PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

well their both different fighters now than back then.

thats true... but it wasnt that long ago. i mean neither of them have shown drastic improvement except maybe BJ in the cardio. but GSP is basically the same fighter, which makes me curious why people think GSP would dominate the fight or get a kn/tko for sure. BJ's only two fight since then were the hughes fight (which he was winning and looked extremely focused) and the pulver fight where he dominated as well. GSP's two fights since then have been against hughes (who he dominated as well) and serra where he got TKOed. im a huge GSP fan and i think he would win in a rematch but i highly doubt it would be a walkthrough for him. in no way do i think GSP is overrated but some people make it out to be that he will just crush anyone easily and dont even consider the style matchups that might pose problems for him.
ocho-cinco
7/30/07 2:02:51AM
I know that BJ had the better of the stand up the first time they met, but I really can't see that happening a second time. St Pierre would make the adjustments he needs to make and would be fine where ever the fight ends up. I think it would go to a decision again, but it would be a little more clear cut then the first time. BJ is a great fighter and I give him as good a chance as anyone to beat St. Pierre, but I believe GSP really will have learned alot from his last 2 fights, the best and worst of his career, and will be stronger for it. I expect to see a new GSP in the next few fights to come, where he will have a new sense of motivation, and determination. Look for him to run off a streak of dominance, that we haven't seen since....well, Matt Hughes.
warglory
7/30/07 8:57:40AM
If BJ keeps up his cardio, and maintains his focus, I see him taking this one.
waylon_o
7/30/07 9:00:39AM
I hope I never have to see this fight because these are 2 of my very favorite fighters.
Violentcuv
7/30/07 10:05:05AM
It would be a war for sure.

I would go GSP by decision.
SpiderSilva
7/30/07 12:55:17PM
I can see this fight going the distance again but this time BJ wont lose the fight in the last round no 3rd rd takedowns to pull out the win by GSP
_GSP_
7/30/07 1:51:35PM
if BJ dosent poke GSP eye again his gonna get a ko and the big advantage of GSP his that he decide where the fight goes not BJ
postman
7/30/07 4:54:14PM
Great fight I would have to say it would go much like the bj hughes fight. Bj tuff early but Gsp keeping where it needs to be and bj gassing out prob stopage or decision for gsp but you never know with bj.
bayonetxwork
7/30/07 6:00:24PM

Posted by _GSP_

if BJ dosent poke GSP eye again his gonna get a ko and the big advantage of GSP his that he decide where the fight goes not BJ

Hope your joking. Anyways, I pick BJ by decision, yet it is dependent upon whether he maintains cardio, focus, etc.
KURM
12/2/08 12:14:20AM
I think penn won the first round with his striking! (mostly because of the uppercut that just clipped the end of pierre's nose). Sure to make his eyes water like crazy for a while.

Pierre then prettymuch dominated the 2nd and third round with his wrestling.

I DON'T KNOW HOW ANY1 THINKS PENN WON THE FIST FIGHT!!!

As far as the rematch I say st.pierre is going to **** him up!! Just like he did to matt hughes the 2nd and third time he fought him and matt serra the 2nd time!

I think pen gets a bit lazy at 170. He's much better at lightweight cause he has to cut weight so he's usually in real good shape at lightweight.
Pitbull09
12/2/08 12:47:25AM

Posted by Gladiator

not bashing anyones opinion, but i gotta say im shocked that the first guys to respond would think GSP would tko BJ. from their first fight it seemed to me that BJ was dominating the standup, i know rogan listed some excuses for GSP but i didnt think most people would still give GSP the standup advantage. IMO GSP won that first fight with his wrestling skills and outhustling BJ in the later rounds, after seeing how many people said BJ would beat hughes next time around i thought people would draw the same conclusions about him fighting GSP again.

I can see GSP by KO because this is a 5 round fight. I know Penn increased his cardio but so far his only fight has been 3 rounds standing with Sherk. If GSP can get some good GnP in the first 3 rounds, he coudld easily score at TKO on a tired and bruised Penn. This is all assuming GSP dominates the first three rounds and Penn's cardio is overrated.
mrkennedy
12/10/08 11:13:47PM
gsp by a dominating ud