BJ Penn Vs. Diego Sanchez NOT on for UFC 74

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » BJ Penn Vs. Diego Sanchez NOT on for UFC 74
Metafour
7/4/07 10:18:20PM
BJ Penn will NOT be fighting Diego Sanchez at UFC 74

Sherdog.com has provided an update on the story they provided earlier. BJ Penn's camp is denying that he will be fighting at UFC 74 although it is a possibility that the match occurs sometime in the future.
Twenty20Dollars
7/4/07 10:30:01PM
probably because bj penn wants to play out and see if he gets his title shot at 155. and then if he doesnt win the title go up to 170 and get that 3rd match with hughes
CanadianCripplr
7/5/07 12:20:04AM
shame, that was looking like the best card ever. That fight could be a main event on its own, imo.
kopower
7/5/07 12:56:49AM
If that fight was on for ufc74 it would have been another very deep card. Having all these guys coming over from pride should make all the future pay per views consistently strong.
KingKash
7/5/07 2:03:14AM
I am sure that this fight will happen sometime and Diego will get worked by BJ. I also agree that BJ is going to wait and see if he gets that title shot at the 155.
TOMMYAYO05
7/5/07 3:31:17AM
Good i mean i would of liked to see this fight but it would not of benifited either,Sanchez would of got another loss and Bj just needs to stay down i know he is a true competitor at 155 as well as 170 but 170 is more deep why not just chill in the leights dominate that and then go up and challenge.
bayonetxwork
7/5/07 11:16:05AM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Good i mean i would of liked to see this fight but it would not of benifited either,Sanchez would of got another loss and Bj just needs to stay down i know he is a true competitor at 155 as well as 170 but 170 is more deep why not just chill in the leights dominate that and then go up and challenge.

Yeah, I'd rather just see him stay at 155 and dominate everyone. Who do you guys think would win a Penn vs. Sherk?
kevietre
7/5/07 9:49:47PM
It was too good to be true
KYGUY07
7/6/07 1:47:38AM
im getting a little upset with all these fight rumors for diego
kopower
7/6/07 10:48:11PM
I think Sherk would outwork Penn. Penn has always had a tendancy to fizzle out after 3 rounds. If Sherk still had the title I think the same thing would happen. I can't really see Penn submitting him or knocking him out and Sherk is just a cardio freak. It would be a geat fight to watch.