BJ Penn Vs. Diego Sanchez UFC 74

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » BJ Penn Vs. Diego Sanchez UFC 74
Metafour
7/4/07 11:44:51AM
Sherdog.com is reporting that BJ Penn and Diego Sanchez have agreed to fight each other on the UFC 74 card.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=8155
silverbullet
7/4/07 12:01:07PM
Why would that fight be an undercard? Both of them are serious contenders for the title
Metafour
7/4/07 12:09:24PM

Posted by silverbullet

Why would that fight be an undercard? Both of them are serious contenders for the title

I don't think it would be an undercard fight.
blowe1983
7/4/07 12:31:51PM
i seriously doubt this fight will even happen
Canadian_MM_EH
7/4/07 12:38:11PM
Sounds like a good fight to me!
blowe1983
7/4/07 12:43:26PM
yea itd be good but i think bj would dominate. and i really doubt diego would want to take that fight after a loss.
rcg916
7/4/07 1:01:57PM

Posted by blowe1983

yea itd be good but i think bj would dominate. and i really doubt diego would want to take that fight after a loss.

Dont think he has much choice, they arent going to put him against no names anymore. Its time to see what happens when they stop protecting the Golden Boy Diego.

Plus, Diego looked a little soft, I think he should work hard and cut to 55.
JBatch
7/4/07 1:14:09PM
The guys from TUF 1 are finally given the chance to prove they can hang with the top tier fighters from thier divisions. As much as I think Kos is athletically gifted and Diego is a "nightmare" for opponents I do not see either faring well against IMO the 2 best fighters at 170 in the UFC.
Mahoney
7/4/07 1:27:27PM
An "anonymous source"? LOL
silverbullet
7/4/07 1:34:36PM

Posted by rcg916

Posted by blowe1983

Dont think he has much choice, they arent going to put him against no names anymore. Its time to see what happens when they stop protecting the Golden Boy Diego.

Diego fought and won against Riggs, Parisyan, Alessio, and everybody's favorite Nick Diaz. In a row.

I am not sure how that qualifies as "protecting the Golden Boy".
MMA_Needs_Mayhem
7/4/07 1:51:49PM
I'm surprised at this announcement because Penn JUST fought (which doesn't really matter, because he really didn't sustain much damage against Pulver) and Diego just lost to Koshchek. Why would the UFC put up a fighter that they've built up so much to just fall at the hands of BJ Penn? I'll wait for an official annoucement.
sammyd1213
7/4/07 2:07:03PM
BJ would rule Diego
xphycorx
7/4/07 2:10:55PM
ufc 74's card is becoming almost as good of a card as 73's. WOW!!
teamkoas
7/4/07 2:15:55PM
Bj hands down will win this fight... it will be an "undercard" fight, as in NOT the headliner. It would most definitely be part of the PPV broadcast.
KingKash
7/4/07 2:35:17PM
I hope that this "source' is correct and this fight happens. It will be interesting to see how Diego bounces back after a loss and see if the "warrior spirit" is still alive, because we sure the hell did not see it in his last fight. I just do not see Diego winning this fight. BJ has a lot more skill then Diego and he will make short work of Mr. Sanchez. I just hope that Diego will be able to hold back his tears like he had to do in his loss to Kos after his second loss.
rcg916
7/4/07 2:55:05PM

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by rcg916

Posted by blowe1983

Diego fought and won against Riggs, Parisyan, Alessio, and everybody's favorite Nick Diaz. In a row.

When you say "won", I know you are thinking what Im thinking... He "won", but we all watched those fights.......

judges=protection

TOMMYAYO05
7/4/07 3:15:39PM
I doubt this will go down but if it does Bj will kill Diego seriously he needs to go to an easier opponet after that Koscheck fight although i did pick"Kos" to win Diego looked pathetic and someone like Bj will completley dominatae.Kos has a better chance against Gsp thats for sure but still this Penn,Diego fight aint gonna go down.
silverbullet
7/4/07 3:33:22PM

Posted by rcg916

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by rcg916

Posted by blowe1983

When you say "won", I know you are thinking what Im thinking... He "won", but we all watched those fights.......

judges=protection

Lol you are still raw about that Nick Diaz fight
ultimatefighter33
7/4/07 3:51:26PM
diego isnt ready for bj he will go down in the second by submission
rcg916
7/4/07 4:01:27PM

Posted by silverbullet

Lol you are still raw about that Nick Diaz fight

yes sir I am!
TOMMYAYO05
7/4/07 4:29:41PM
rcg916
7/4/07 6:12:00PM

Posted by TOMMYAYO05

Ill give you a free pass... this time. Two words though: Your avatar.

Endless possibilities there. Save yourself the trouble, buddy.
Lord_Lenny
7/4/07 6:16:46PM
Its not happening, at least not in august, BJ's camp is denying it.

Link
Sam_Rothstein
7/4/07 6:52:37PM
cmon seriously? they need to stop teasing us with these fights that arent happening any time soon

diego vs sakurai
diego vs penn
chuck vs wanderlei

rcg916
7/4/07 10:00:38PM
That was quick...
TOMMYAYO05
7/5/07 3:40:46AM
ahahaha yeah im with stupid was kinda jacked up but i don care if im on the avatar...but yeah this fights got dropped so i am right once again.