BJ Penn confronts Sean Sherk on steroid use prior to UFC 84 fight (Audio)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » BJ Penn confronts Sean Sherk on steroid use prior to UFC 84 fight (Audio)
SmileR
5/17/08 10:09:57AM
Here’s an excerpt from the recent UFC 84: “Ill Will” pre-fight press conference call during which BJ Penn questions (antagonizes is perhaps a better word) Sean Sherk directly about his use of steroids:

Link

You guys should defiantly listen to this!
Aaronno9
5/17/08 10:13:17AM
Was he saying that directly to sherk or just an interviewer or somthing? my clip only worked for like 9 seconds so i couldnt really tell what was going on.
SmileR
5/17/08 10:16:31AM
Its a phone interview between the interviewer Sherk and BJ.
BJ says some things that just aren't cool.
jgtribbett
5/17/08 10:38:49AM
bj can say whatever imo.. i think he honestly believes that sherk took roids and he can say how he feels. that is the american way.. i guess hahaa
thatfedorsohotrightnow
5/17/08 10:52:09AM
BJ is making it feel like groung hog day around here. Are you sure this is new? If it is then this is getting a little rediculous.
Hey BJ you are going to beat and humiliate Shrek so why not leave him be till then? I proudly swing from BJ's nuts while hating on Shrek but I wish BJ would just give it a rest.
Yeah Shrek is a douche for roiding but he seems to be respectful otherwise so just stop the shat talking.
imanidiot777
5/17/08 11:07:49AM
In that situation, no matter what Sherk says people will use it to "prove" that he took steroids. If he attacks BJ back people will say is compensating or covering up for something that he did and if he reacts how he actually did, avoiding or quietly, everyone says that he sounded nervous and that he still did it. In that situation there was no way to make himself look good because of BJ being a verbal bully.

I hope BJ Penn gets hulk smashed that guy really bothers me. If Sherk successfully takes action against California I bet there will still be ignorant people who think he took steroids. I have no idea whether he did or not, he does seem to have to some things going his way but until we know, lets not make a judgment BJ. He argues like a typical illogical person, ask a question and then keep bullying the guy so he can't answer because you really don't wanna hear your question get shot down.
whardin19
5/17/08 11:21:30AM
Time for Sherk to shut BJ's mouth one week from now. I bet Penn loses and then trys to say Sherk took roids before their fight.
Aaronno9
5/17/08 11:21:42AM
Haha

Sherk "i dont feel any extra pressue for this fight y'know"

B.J "what about the extra pressure that your not gona be on the juice this time, you feeling that pressure or what"

I kinda wish b.j would stop bringing up the steroid issue though, i love him and really hope he stomps sherk, but its kinda getting old hearing him talk about it all the time, even though it is funny somtimes.
Porch28
5/17/08 11:43:24AM
A fired up BJ Penn = 1 dead shark

WAR BJ!!!!!!!
thatfedorsohotrightnow
5/17/08 11:45:16AM

Posted by imanidiot777

In that situation, no matter what Sherk says people will use it to "prove" that he took steroids. If he attacks BJ back people will say is compensating or covering up for something that he did and if he reacts how he actually did, avoiding or quietly, everyone says that he sounded nervous and that he still did it. In that situation there was no way to make himself look good because of BJ being a verbal bully.

I hope BJ Penn gets hulk smashed that guy really bothers me. If Sherk successfully takes action against California I bet there will still be ignorant people who think he took steroids. I have no idea whether he did or not, he does seem to have to some things going his way but until we know, lets not make a judgment BJ. He argues like a typical illogical person, ask a question and then keep bullying the guy so he can't answer because you really don't wanna hear your question get shot down.

Just like the ignorant people who think he didn't do them when he is caught doing them.

Until Shrek actually wins a case, HE DID STEROIDS AND GOT CAUGHT!!!

An illogical person keeps talking about this like there is an on going court case when all there is is Shrek's PR spin of threatening to sue. I am still waiting for Roger Clemens to sue Brian McNamee. Marion Jones threatened to sue and cried about how she was innocent for years. She is in jail now.

If Shrek would have just used one excuse I would be much more inclined to believe him. He just throws as much shat as possible on the wall and hopes it sticks. Is it natural high levels of test since Shrek is a genetic freak? Tainted supps? Tainted testing machine? A conspiracy against him? Pick one man.

If Shrek successfully takes action against California I will let you choose my Avatar for a year.
cmill21
5/17/08 12:00:53PM
BJ brought up a good point, how come if Sherk's levels are supposed to be high, then how come he didn't test high again during his pre-test?
imanidiot777
5/17/08 12:19:38PM

Posted by thatfedorsohotrightnow

Posted by imanidiot777

Just like the ignorant people who think he didn't do them when he is caught doing them.

An illogical person keeps talking about this like there is an on going court case when all there is is Shrek's PR spin of threatening to sue. I am still waiting for Roger Clemens to sue Brian McNamee. Marion Jones threatened to sue and cried about how she was innocent for years. She is in jail now.

If Shrek would have just used one excuse I would be much more inclined to believe him. He just throws as much shat as possible on the wall and hopes it sticks. Is it natural high levels of test since Shrek is a genetic freak? Tainted supps? Tainted testing machine? A conspiracy against him? Pick one man.

If Shrek successfully takes action against California I will let you choose my Avatar for a year.

If you actually read the whole thing I wrote I said since there seem to be holes in the case we shouldn't decide either way, meaning I haven't decided who is right and who is wrong because of a lack of evidence, steroid tests are false all the time, NFL players win their cases almost 20% of the time when they appeal because of mishaps in the process. I never said I believe Sherk, I believe nothing yet because the evidence is not incredibly stacked either way, rational thinking. I said "I have no idea if he did them or not". Taking sides is not a requirement to participate in a debate, and in fact it allows you to see the other views in a moderate light.

One major example off the top of my head is the Broncos running back last year who tested positive for marijuana and got it overturned.

P.S. Just in case I'm going to start looking for a good avatar hahaha
thatfedorsohotrightnow
5/17/08 12:47:19PM

Posted by imanidiot777

If you actually read the whole thing I wrote I said since there seem to be holes in the case we shouldn't decide either way, meaning I haven't decided who is right and who is wrong because of a lack of evidence, steroid tests are false all the time, NFL players win their cases almost 20% of the time when they appeal because of mishaps in the process. I never said I believe Sherk, I believe nothing yet because the evidence is not incredibly stacked either way, rational thinking. I said "I have no idea if he did them or not". Taking sides is not a requirement to participate in a debate, and in fact it allows you to see the other views in a moderate light.

One major example off the top of my head is the Broncos running back last year who tested positive for marijuana and got it overturned.

P.S. Just in case I'm going to start looking for a good avatar hahaha

The NFL player's association is the most powerful sports union in the world, that is why guys get off. I live in Denver and know plenty on the Travis Henry case. The NFL screwed up by not letting an agent for Henry be present at the testing. Make no mistake Henry had weed in his system. Shrek has no multibillion dollar union backing him or he may have had a contract protecting him instead of a state agancy's rules persecuting him.

Shrek is doing a classic PR tactic and you and numerous people fall for it. He denies for a long time till people forget and he goes back to being the muscle shark and not the roid shark.

Good call cmill21 on the "naturally" elevated levels. Why have they not stayed at 12ng? Like I said Shrek throws enough excuses out there and people start to believe it.

Shrek will never sue!
imanidiot777
5/17/08 12:51:00PM
Once again like I said, I don't believe either way, takes awhile of saying the same thing for people to get something. I'm not falling for anything I'm waiting to see what happens, if it goes on like Clemens then I won't believe him but it hasn't been anything like that, remain neutral until you're sure, best way to go.
thatfedorsohotrightnow
5/17/08 12:55:01PM

Posted by imanidiot777

Once again like I said, I don't believe either way, takes awhile of saying the same thing for people to get something. I'm not falling for anything I'm waiting to see what happens, if it goes on like Clemens then I won't believe him but it hasn't been anything like that, remain neutral until you're sure, best way to go.

What will change to make Shrek actually sue? It has been months and months of this. If he was gonna sue he would have by now. So Mister wise and neutral how long must I wait before I hear your wise opinion on this matter? Some time in August when it has been over a year of this?
thatfedorsohotrightnow
5/17/08 1:04:02PM

Posted by imanidiot777

Also Clemens vs McNamee has been going on for a shorter time than Shrek vs CSAC.
RedCloud
5/17/08 1:53:59PM
Oh my God I love This!
SmileR
5/17/08 9:56:40PM

Dude what have you got against Sherk?!
He's pretty much done all he can to clear his name! He's offered to give fresh samples, done lie detector tests, spent thousands of his own money trying to clear his name and he's still trying to get the case tried in a public court!
The evidence he has would squash any case the athletic commission has and I for one think people should give him a break! He only just tested positive! All the other tests have come back with massive amounts of roids when his was just above the limit!
People should give him the benefit of the doubt, Its not like he has lost any muscle or even explosiveness looking at his training videos!

Yeah his fights have a tendency to be long drawn out L&P but he still imposes his game plan effectively.
Sherk still has a ton of heart and from what I'v seen still a ton of NATURAL muscle. I'm not saying he'll beat BJ by any means but the blatant fighter bashing that you're throwing Sherks way is just out of order.

As for the Av bet if or when it gets to a public court I will take you up on it in a second! That case would be over before it even began! Theirs no way the California Athletic commission would even conceder taking it to a public court!

Sherk would win and he'd probably take a nice chunk of change home with him as well!
hails
5/18/08 12:06:21AM
The link has expired!!!

Where can I listen to this!!!

Some great banter on this thread. LMO!!!

Cops, dope, roids!!!

Cant wait for next weekend!!!

JimiMak
5/18/08 12:13:55AM
Good. War BJ. I think roiders should get called out any time they get any chance to get any publicity. F U. You got caught roiding, he has a lifetime of making up to do. An athlete that is so proud to be clean and openly calls out roiders is a thing for children to look up to. I would do the same thing if I were BJ, you can't let him live down something like that... Esp when he hasn't even "gotten back on the horse", he's done nothing but be a very loud juicer for a year, I can't wait til BJ makes him look like a little girl (no offense to any little girls reading this)
JimiMak
5/18/08 12:20:29AM

Posted by SmileR
He only just tested positive!

This sums up your whole argument. You don't care that he got caught juicing. That kills me. Sherk has no case. IF, and that's a HUGE IF, he actually tries to take this to public court he's be lucky if a judge let it even go to trial. He has no case. He got caught. His arguments have been heard and denied. He's done, guilty. A public court would squash him in a blink of an eye. He has no evidence except that he can keep his breathing under control enuf to pass a lie detector (so many ppl can do that they aren't admissable in court)
SmileR
5/18/08 1:02:56AM

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by SmileR

This sums up your whole argument. You don't care that he got caught juicing. That kills me. Sherk has no case. IF, and that's a HUGE IF, he actually tries to take this to public court he's be lucky if a judge let it even go to trial. He has no case. He got caught. His arguments have been heard and denied. He's done, guilty. A public court would squash him in a blink of an eye. He has no evidence except that he can keep his breathing under control enuf to pass a lie detector (so many ppl can do that they aren't admissable in court)

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about! Many things can push tests slightly in one direction. A change in temperature can alter the result, faulty kits, even a contaminated test kit could have been used!
I used the phrase "only just tested positive" because its so weird. Even small amounts of steroids would have pushed the tests well above the legal limit, I don't see how its possible to test so low and still be convicted without so much as a retest or any other evidence being put forward! This makes me think he should be given the benefit of the doubt!

Sherk has offered many times to do random drug tests as well campaigned to get the case tried in public. With all the evidence he has to put forward and a impartial system the case would be clear cut. Sherk would win! theirs no if or but about it!
Its not just the lie detector tests its the fact that the amount of steroids found in his system wouldn't have been beneficial to him at all. The numerous other drug tests he offered right after, the fact he's never testes positive before would all count in his favor.

As for his arguments being heard and denied you're pretty much wrong on that. He spent thousands and thousands of his own money to get the Commission to review their original sentence and when they did it was cut in half after a very short review affectively allowing Sherk to fight from the end of that month!
Their are to many inconsistencies in the Athletic Commissions case for it to even stand a half decent chance in court.

If the test was positive for massive amounts of steroids or even a highly irregular amount then I would be skeptical but to test just the wrong side of the legal amount is weird.
If it turns out my feeling are wrong and he did knowing take that tiny amount of steroids then he should be banned and deserves all the abuse people on here throw at him. But the majority of people posting on here any many other sites have little or no accurate information and are going off here say and and a sentence that has already had holes shot in it!

As for lie detector tests just monitoring your breathing i'd check up on that! They also monitor your pulse and temperature to determine a pretty accurate picture of if you're lying or not. If Sherk can control his breathing heart rate and body temperature then I'm pretty sure he isn't on roids as they affect pretty much every part of your body that the lie detector monitors!

Once again I think he should be given the benefit of the doubt at least until he fights BJ and then we'll see if Sherk looks sluggish or even smaller.

I also hate the fact I'm defending a guy I'm not even that bothered about! I'm just sick an tired of reading people blindly bashing the guy. Many of the internet sites that post the news and mma events have shown support for Sherk and have even posted articles asking people to give him a break! Not to mention Dana White has gone on record saying he thinks he's not guilty and had even challenged the decision and sentence! Why would he do it for Sherk and not Sylvia or any of the other caught!?
chubbud22
5/18/08 2:43:17AM

Posted by SmileR

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by SmileR

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about! Many things can push tests slightly in one direction. A change in temperature can alter the result, faulty kits, even a contaminated test kit could have been used!
I used the phrase "only just tested positive" because its so weird. Even small amounts of steroids would have pushed the tests well above the legal limit, I don't see how its possible to test so low and still be convicted without so much as a retest or any other evidence being put forward! This makes me think he should be given the benefit of the doubt!

Sherk has offered many times to do random drug tests as well campaigned to get the case tried in public. With all the evidence he has to put forward and a impartial system the case would be clear cut. Sherk would win! theirs no if or but about it!
Its not just the lie detector tests its the fact that the amount of steroids found in his system wouldn't have been beneficial to him at all. The numerous other drug tests he offered right after, the fact he's never testes positive before would all count in his favor.

As for his arguments being heard and denied you're pretty much wrong on that. He spent thousands and thousands of his own money to get the Commission to review their original sentence and when they did it was cut in half after a very short review affectively allowing Sherk to fight from the end of that month!
Their are to many inconsistencies in the Athletic Commissions case for it to even stand a half decent chance in court.

If the test was positive for massive amounts of steroids or even a highly irregular amount then I would be skeptical but to test just the wrong side of the legal amount is weird.
If it turns out my feeling are wrong and he did knowing take that tiny amount of steroids then he should be banned and deserves all the abuse people on here throw at him. But the majority of people posting on here any many other sites have little or no accurate information and are going off here say and and a sentence that has already had holes shot in it!

As for lie detector tests just monitoring your breathing i'd check up on that! They also monitor your pulse and temperature to determine a pretty accurate picture of if you're lying or not. If Sherk can control his breathing heart rate and body temperature then I'm pretty sure he isn't on roids as they affect pretty much every part of your body that the lie detector monitors!

Once again I think he should be given the benefit of the doubt at least until he fights BJ and then we'll see if Sherk looks sluggish or even smaller.

I also hate the fact I'm defending a guy I'm not even that bothered about! I'm just sick an tired of reading people blindly bashing the guy. Many of the internet sites that post the news and mma events have shown support for Sherk and have even posted articles asking people to give him a break! Not to mention Dana White has gone on record saying he thinks he's not guilty and had even challenged the decision and sentence! Why would he do it for Sherk and not Sylvia or any of the other caught!?

Come on the guy got caught and he paid the price. I am sick of people trying to say he did not use them; how many excuses can you come up with for him. It could be this, it could be that, come on man.
89vision
5/18/08 4:28:57AM

Posted by SmileR
You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about! Many things can push tests slightly in one direction.

He had more nanadrone in him than all the dirty tests at the Nagano Olympics

Posted by SmileR
A change in temperature can alter the result, faulty kits, even a contaminated test kit could have been used!

Hey lets just give everyone accused for a crime that they were found guilty on have the benefit of the doubt, yeah theres a good society

Posted by SmileR

Theres this thing with roids these days called "cycling" and it dosnt matter if he passed any of them after the FACT that he got caught with a large amount of nanadrone in his system, which is INJECTED not put into your suppliments or whatever excuse he used, tampered tests blah blah

Posted by SmileR

Lie detector tests can be cheated easily, many a criminals got away with murder because of this, the mind can do amazing things

Posted by SmileR

Its all about imagery now, how to clear his name not the crime, which he knows he and everyone with sense knows he did and unless someone chloroformed you and shot roids in you while your passed out... your guilty

Posted by SmileR

Like I said lie detectors are flawed, if in the right mind set you can manipulate whats true and false in your mind, the best liars in the world manipulate there emotions and brain activity to make sure they arnt caught, no you should not be given the benefit of the doubt WHEN YOU GET CAUGHT, i wont get into why i think he cycled his whole career but when you test dirty and nobody else does....you cant deny the forensics, you cant, people back in the day could argue science and reason with b/s brainwashing and propaganda but now its harder to do with the forensics and technology (which the lie detector is mostly not part of, especially in this case)
MMAcca
5/18/08 4:32:17AM

Posted by cmill21

BJ brought up a good point, how come if Sherk's levels are supposed to be high, then how come he didn't test high again during his pre-test?

WAR BJ!!!
thatfedorsohotrightnow
5/18/08 10:53:27AM

Posted by SmileR

Dude what have you got against Sherk?!
He's pretty much done all he can to clear his name! He's offered to give fresh samples, done lie detector tests, spent thousands of his own money trying to clear his name and he's still trying to get the case tried in a public court!
The evidence he has would squash any case the athletic commission has and I for one think people should give him a break! He only just tested positive! All the other tests have come back with massive amounts of roids when his was just above the limit!
People should give him the benefit of the doubt, Its not like he has lost any muscle or even explosiveness looking at his training videos!

Yeah his fights have a tendency to be long drawn out L&P but he still imposes his game plan effectively.
Sherk still has a ton of heart and from what I'v seen still a ton of NATURAL muscle. I'm not saying he'll beat BJ by any means but the blatant fighter bashing that you're throwing Sherks way is just out of order.

As for the Av bet if or when it gets to a public court I will take you up on it in a second! That case would be over before it even began! Theirs no way the California Athletic commission would even conceder taking it to a public court!

Sherk would win and he'd probably take a nice chunk of change home with him as well!

What do you mean he is still trying to bring this to court? It is not hard to file a law suit. If he was gonna sue he would have by now.

Do you still think that there are WMD's in Iraq?

Some where Shrek's PR team is smiling knowing they tricked another one.

So you still believe Clemens too?

The CSAC doesn't need to take this to court. For you to say that they would be scared to take this to court is one of the most ignorant things I have read here in a long time. You are right that the court case is over before it even began since Shrek will never sue.
IriShame
5/18/08 11:25:03AM
The Muscle Shark 'roided. Case closed. Let's all move on and watch him get KO'd by The Hilo Kid.