BJ Penn Bashes Nick Diaz and Jon Fitch...or does he??

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » BJ Penn Bashes Nick Diaz and Jon Fitch...or does he??
bjj1605
1/5/12 6:28:30PM
"Look how much bigger you are in this pic..I thought you were gonna scrap from the beginning homie? What was that coward fence holding strategy to tire out the smaller man? Street fighter my ass! I made you fight like glass jaw @jonfitchdotnet poser!
I'll be ready for that weak bs next time we fight!"

The debate is on as to whether or not this was actually Penn saying this or if his account was hacked.

Link
bjj1605
1/5/12 6:30:17PM
Most recently people are saying this WAS BJ writing this.

If so he's really losing me as a fan. He got beat down in that fight, no reason to make excuses.
Budgellism
1/5/12 6:31:33PM
I can't see that being real. If Penn had a problem with the way the fight went he would have said something right off the bat.

EDIT: At least I think he would
Poor_Franklin
1/5/12 6:40:20PM
as a bj nuthugger, i'd love to know more about this.
Chael_Sonnen
1/5/12 7:07:21PM
Doesn't surprise me.
Poor_Franklin
1/5/12 7:12:00PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Doesn't surprise me.

me neither. never really had a problem w/ my fav fighters talkin shit (i'm sure you can relate), but after a decisive loss?
FastKnockout
1/5/12 7:22:02PM
I don't think it's him. Diaz didn't hold him against the fence, just boxed him to death.

EDIT: His manager said it was him.

Pedro Carrasco

" and there is a reason why he posted it, He is fired up because now that the holidays are over and a lot of his post-fight distractions are behind him he has nothing to do but think about things and he is not happy with the way he performed in his last several fights.

I am not here to make excuses for him, but I am pretty sure people, at least with some sense of intelligence, can identify that the BJ that fought Edgar, Fitch and Diaz was not the same Penn that fought the Diego's and Florians of the world

Things changed, but as it sits right now, he is back. That killer mentality and fire is back and it's been brewing for a while now and today's tweet is a result of it just boiling over!

Expect more from Penn to come for sure! "
Adrenaline
1/5/12 9:48:21PM
This is a very strange rant that I didn't see coming to be honest. Diaz was just the better fighter that night, to BJ's credit he gave the fans the fight they wanted by standing toe to toe with Diaz but that strategy put him at a disadvantage and he clearly lost so calling Diaz out over it is kind of strange being that he chose the way the fight played out by doing nothing but trying to exchange punches.

I'm gonna go a little soft here and say that I was gutted when BJ announced his retirement, he is by far one of my favorite fighters and a blast to watch. So although I think calling out Diaz is a silly tactic, I'm fine with whatever it takes to keep him fighting. I just wished he would drop back down to 155, he is a killer at LW and there are so many great matchups for him there.
DeadHead988
1/5/12 9:57:24PM
tbh I actually agree with BJ here. Diaz's significant size advantage was the only reason he won that fight.
MuayThaiGeek13
1/5/12 10:33:12PM

Posted by DeadHead988

tbh I actually agree with BJ here. Diaz's significant size advantage was the only reason he won that fight.

Size was a factor...

But fear was also a factor.
bjj1605
1/5/12 11:07:12PM

Posted by DeadHead988

Thats ridiculous. I'd say you had a point if Diaz had taken him down and imposed his size on him...

But he stood up the whole fight. He just completely out classed BJ in the boxing department. Nothing more and nothing less.
tcunningham
1/5/12 11:08:26PM
there's absolutely no excuse on BJ's part. he got out fought that night. if he was distracted and didnt perform at his best thats still not an excuse. it just says he should have gotten better prepared. i like BJ and always will, but he is in the wrong weight class fighting the wrong people. i miss watching the 155lb BJ.
Lesnar1
1/5/12 11:41:02PM
BJ's twitter Had to be hacked, it's not like him to be a winey Bitch.
Budgellism
1/5/12 11:57:07PM
He needs to be fighting at LW. Plain and simple. God, the match ups at LW for him are unreal. Penn vs Guillard, Penn vs Cerrone, Penn vs. Nate Diaz, Penn vs. Pettis, etc. I mean come on now. I want to see all of these fights!
Adrenaline
1/6/12 1:36:03AM

Posted by Budgellism

He needs to be fighting at LW. Plain and simple. God, the match ups at LW for him are unreal. Penn vs Guillard, Penn vs Cerrone, Penn vs. Nate Diaz, Penn vs. Pettis, etc. I mean come on now. I want to see all of these fights!

All of those matchups are absolute barn burners and extremely winnable for BJ. Who cares if he even gets another shot at Edgar, those are just awesome fights that would only add more to his legacy. I think the problem is that the UFC doesn't want him at LW, Frankie has a style that gives BJ problems but its very likely that BJ knocks off every other contender kind of like Rich Franklins problem at MW a few years ago.

Just go back to 155 BJ, put on some great fights and let the chips fall where they may.
bjj1605
1/6/12 1:38:50AM

Posted by Lesnar1

BJ's twitter Had to be hacked, it's not like him to be a winey Bitch.

Its been confirmed that it was BJ who wrote the tweet.

Read the thread.
Kpro
1/6/12 3:17:40AM
I'll be happy to see him fight again, but seriously,, FINALLY BJ Penn doesn't make an excuse for the first time in his career and then this.

Aether
1/6/12 3:41:50AM
really bizarre for this to come out more than 2 months after their fight. Can't help but think that it could just be a publicity stunt to get people talking. If it's just BJ whining it's kind of pathetic, and BJ has always been one of my favourite fighters.
emfleek
1/6/12 8:16:29AM
LMAO @ "glassjaw" Fitch

Seriously?
Lucas
1/6/12 8:24:12AM

Posted by DeadHead988

I dont think his size had anything to do with it he won the fight because he had better boxing and his ability to take a punch if they fight again same outcome IMO regardless of size
emfleek
1/6/12 8:58:36AM
The 'B' stands for butthurt.

emfleek
1/6/12 9:10:36AM
Following his UFC 137 to Nick Diaz BJ Penn announced his retirement. Things appear to have changed. BJ called out Diaz on twitter accusing him of being a fence-holding, Jon Fitch like, coward, poser, homie.

Now the Diaz camp as responded, via GracieFighter.com

Say It Ain’t So BJ…

BJ Penn has apparently not come to terms with the beating he received at the hands of Nick Diaz.

At some point it is up to those around you to protect you from yourself. To take you aside and let you know you are wrong and help save you from your folly. Unfortunately for Penn he is surrounded by “Yes Men” that are unwilling to do that. The outcome will be predictable, resulting in a fighter that will never push himself to the fullest and will always have excuses for his losses.

LINK
cowcatcher
1/6/12 11:11:04AM

Posted by Kpro

I'll be happy to see him fight again, but seriously,, FINALLY BJ Penn doesn't make an excuse for the first time in his career and then this.

I'm a fan of his, but you're absolutely right and it's disappointing to see him whining like this.
ncordless
1/6/12 12:04:53PM
At least BJ's mommy hasn't gotten involved this time. . . yet.

Also find it funny that he moved to 170 then bitches about how other guys are bigger than him.