Penn Again Badmouths Sherk

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Penn Again Badmouths Sherk
Next Page »
DCRage
12/17/07 4:26:21PM
According to a recent Houston Chronicle article, BJ Penn continues to be critical of Sean Sherk, even going so far as to call him a "'roider" and talk about a "steroid championship".

Article
tuvok500
12/17/07 4:37:11PM
BJ is right !!

nothing to add except maybe Go BJ !!

JimiMak
12/17/07 4:52:06PM
Good, the clean athletes should have a major problem w/ being asked to fight roiders.
Boo_Radley21
12/17/07 4:55:20PM
Oh well. He can keep running his mouth until Sherk hands him a beating.
nickcuc547
12/17/07 5:01:53PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

i dont think that's happening, bj will outclass sherk along with any other lighweight for that matter, hell the guy can beat any welterweight (but he isnt even close to as dominant and there are plenty wws that can beat him too). bj is going to be propelled into legendary status soon, and it starts with sherk.
CantAndleDaRiddum
12/17/07 5:20:05PM
agreed
nastshabast
12/17/07 5:26:03PM
I really hope BJ never gets busted with the sweet sensai in his bloodstream because you know the haters will jump all over him.

As for the verbal onslaught of Sherk, I can't get enough of it. Its totally obvious that Sherk was on roids or hgh or whatever designer pill was out there. Even in his all access when he was showing all his "supplements" one could sense that he was full of shit.

He'll never have my respect as a fighter. Baseball players can do all of the steroids they want, that's fine with me, not fighters though. Not fair.

Sherk = cheater.
juanez13
12/17/07 5:35:52PM
Sean sherk seems pretty confident in his interviews saying that he never took steroid, from looking at his body alone you would think he was on roids, but it might have been the combination of various supplements that increased the level of whatever he was caught with, but even if this was the case, i still think its his fault for not doing the research and study of these supplements, i think he deserved from what he had........
as much as i would like BJ to win, i really dont see him pulling of a win vs sean sherk, i doubt it that BJ will KO sherk, and i highly doubt it that he will be able to submitt sherk, i see sherk taking this by what he is best known for, a UD....but who knows he might even get a KO if BJ gets tired in the later rounds..............but as for now we will just have to see how BJ and stevenson do, i wouldnt count out joe, but i see BJ taking it
MMAnia07
12/17/07 5:48:01PM
Sherk aint beating on nobody....Still no guarantee that they will fight, im not counting Joe out, hes got nothing to lose in this fight. If he loses people will say, oh well he lost to BJ. If he wins, hes a the first TUF world champ and is looking at some big paydays in 08.
juanez13
12/17/07 5:59:56PM

Posted by MMAnia07

Sherk aint beating on nobody....Still no guarantee that they will fight, im not counting Joe out, hes got nothing to lose in this fight. If he loses people will say, oh well he lost to BJ. If he wins, hes a the first TUF world champ and is looking at some big paydays in 08.

you mean the second TUF champ, Matt serra is still the champ....hey who knows maybe forrest Griffin will e the 3rd, doubt it but its always a possibility
zephead
12/17/07 6:03:25PM
Instead of jumping all over Sherk every chance he gets, BJ ought to be yelling at his Conditioning Coach.
kevietre
12/17/07 6:56:15PM
Even though BJ says he's not looking past Stevenson I think he is. BJ is a very confident fighter but that's not always good. Joe is dangerous and has faught at welterweight just like BJ. BJ has faced much tougher competition but Daddy has more experience and might be stronger. This fight is tough to call. I want BJ to win because I want to see this fight with Sherk and the "Steroid Championship" comment made me laugh but it's not going to be a cakewalk for BJ. I won't be suprised if Daddy walks away with the gold.
Boo_Radley21
12/17/07 7:19:23PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by MMAnia07

you mean the second TUF champ, Matt serra is still the champ....hey who knows maybe forrest Griffin will e the 3rd, doubt it but its always a possibility

You can't really call Serra a TUF champ because even though he got the shot from the show he was in the UFC long before it.

And why are so many people acting like Sherk is going to get his ass kicked by BJ? Is it because BJ beat Pulver, a guy who now fights at featherweight? Is it because Sherk got caught with a higher level of nandrolone (i think that was it) than average? It's not like he's been doing it all his career I'm pretty sure he would have been tested more than once in the years he's been fighting. He's always looked the way he does. BJ is going to come into this fight (if he gets past Stevenson) and Sherk is going to take him down, avoid any submissions, ground and pound BJ, and who cares if he lays n prays to a decison? If BJ is such an amazing ******* fighter he should be able to use his jiu-jitsu to sweep and pull off submissions. But what's going to happen when he can't submit Sherk and gasses? Sherk is going to win the lightweight for a second time. And when the test comes back and shows he was clean for the fight what's BJ gonna say then?
bayonetxwork
12/17/07 7:30:45PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

lol, Sherk is a miniature version of Hughes. And BJ will tool him beyond belief.
buryyourdead
12/17/07 8:08:11PM
BJ will frustrate Sherk so badly. Sprawl after sprawl after sprawl. BJ's stand up is juts better then Sherks. First thing is first though he needs to get past Joe Daddy. Not saying he can't or anything but he shouldn't be looking past him at all. BJ has allways been the underchiever I think we can all agree there. Hopefully he's grown up and can be the champion that we all expected him to be.
Manak
12/17/07 8:10:07PM
cant wait to see sherk vs penn, but bj better not look past joe but i still think penn will get past him but lose on the 4th or 5th to sherk, and sherk didnt riod, one of his supp from xyenice tested bad so it is one of UFC biggest sponsors who messed up. and the dude has looked the same in every fight so stop sayin cause hes jacked he has to bein riodin, it is possible for someone to work hard to be in that good of shape.
JimiMak
12/17/07 8:19:28PM

Posted by Manak

cant wait to see sherk vs penn, but bj better not look past joe but i still think penn will get past him but lose on the 4th or 5th to sherk, and sherk didnt riod, one of his supp from xyenice tested bad so it is one of UFC biggest sponsors who messed up. and the dude has looked the same in every fight so stop sayin cause hes jacked he has to bein riodin, it is possible for someone to work hard to be in that good of shape.

You clearly have no idea/ go by old news/ go by nuthugging explanations ppl use for a guy that they hate to admit is clearly not only guilty.... but, just my guess, is one of the biggest roiders in mma. I've always thought that, and this just solidifies my beliefs. HE FAILED AT 2X'S THE LEVEL OF A TOP ATHLETE INCL EVERYONE ELSE IN MMA.
The sooner you get how guys cycle in and out of these drugs the sooner you'll see he barely got caught at the end of his cycle, which takes care of the question as to why he'd never been caught before... he's good at it. He didn't get caught w/ a high level like some guys because he has this figured out the way some guys do weight cutting. He's a pathetic cheater and that is that. He should've had his contract cut. Add that to him being boring.... You got someone w/ nothing more to offer.
AndrewRJ
12/17/07 9:32:23PM
thats not happening sherk, like phil baroni, rely on their strength more than their skill. phil baroni hits hard, sherk takes u down alot and edoes nothing while he's there. bj would wreck sherk that roidin
Manak
12/17/07 9:45:15PM

Posted by JimiMak

Posted by Manak

You clearly have no idea/ go by old news/ go by nuthugging explanations ppl use for a guy that they hate to admit is clearly not only guilty.... but, just my guess, is one of the biggest roiders in mma. I've always thought that, and this just solidifies my beliefs. HE FAILED AT 2X'S THE LEVEL OF A TOP ATHLETE INCL EVERYONE ELSE IN MMA.
The sooner you get how guys cycle in and out of these drugs the sooner you'll see he barely got caught at the end of his cycle, which takes care of the question as to why he'd never been caught before... he's good at it. He didn't get caught w/ a high level like some guys because he has this figured out the way some guys do weight cutting. He's a pathetic cheater and that is that. He should've had his contract cut. Add that to him being boring.... You got someone w/ nothing more to offer.

this could be true but then again u could say that bout any body thats a pro athlete cause the testin process is still isnt perfect and cant even detect some drugs & roids (im goin by the papers released)
cmill21
12/17/07 10:01:41PM
I had a friend of mine tell me that he estimates sherk screwed up estimating his cylce time by two days! Thats the science some of these guys are using to get themselves in the best shape and trying to get a leg up. Anyone notice how no one has even talked about Franca? If you own up to it people are more forgiving.
quezocrema0032
12/17/07 10:14:45PM
WHO EVER SAYS SHERK WILL KNOCK OUT PENN SHOULD BE SHOT WHERE THEY SIT .... People amaze me how little credit they give Penn And who ever is saying this obviously doesnt pay attention ... Sherk is 1 deminsion take downs ... Remind you of someone ? HUGHES but smaller and not as strong and there fighting at penns weight class ... but atleast Hughes knows jui jitsui ... unlike sherk ... honnestly Stevenson will give him a WAY TUFFER fight then Sherk ... He uses steriods and he still cant fi ish fights ... Penn barley works out and beats Hughes Pulver Gomi DinThomas and just loses to stpierre ... people amaze me ...
roadking95th
12/17/07 11:47:30PM

Posted by zephead

Instead of jumping all over Sherk every chance he gets, BJ ought to be yelling at his Conditioning Coach.

Perhaps they should have the "Unconditioned, come as you are Championship"
cloppio
12/18/07 1:03:20AM

Posted by kevietre

Even though BJ says he's not looking past Stevenson I think he is. BJ is a very confident fighter but that's not always good. Joe is dangerous and has faught at welterweight just like BJ. BJ has faced much tougher competition but Daddy has more experience and might be stronger. This fight is tough to call. I want BJ to win because I want to see this fight with Sherk and the "Steroid Championship" comment made me laugh but it's not going to be a cakewalk for BJ. I won't be suprised if Daddy walks away with the gold.

true bj should be saving this trash talk for when he wins....if he wins
EpicTerran
12/18/07 4:49:40AM
i really dont think sherk took roids , he took a lot of supplements namely many from xyience that werent even FDA approved that had illegal shit inside of them and they boosted his nandrolone levels , i think its pretty obvious he didnt roid and it was just all the supplements he was taking , because honestly after NINE YEARS do u really think sherk was like oh **** ! HERMES FRANCA i need the edge for this 1! ... get real
Trench777
12/18/07 4:50:52AM
Still say all his endless jabbering is moot, as Joe Daddy is gonna hand him his head on a platter.

At least I hope so, this idiot is getting on my last nerve.

T777
juanez13
12/18/07 6:55:14AM

Posted by quezocrema0032

WHO EVER SAYS SHERK WILL KNOCK OUT PENN SHOULD BE SHOT WHERE THEY SIT .... People amaze me how little credit they give Penn And who ever is saying this obviously doesnt pay attention ... Sherk is 1 deminsion take downs ... Remind you of someone ? HUGHES but smaller and not as strong and there fighting at penns weight class ... but atleast Hughes knows jui jitsui ... unlike sherk ... honnestly Stevenson will give him a WAY TUFFER fight then Sherk ... He uses steriods and he still cant fi ish fights ... Penn barley works out and beats Hughes Pulver Gomi DinThomas and just loses to stpierre ... people amaze me ...

i Think you are getting the steroid thing wrong, if you didnt know steriods doesnt make you a better fighter, it doesnt give you superpowers that enable you to finish fights, it gives you stamina and muscle mass, which is basically what he uses, he need stamina because all he does is just take people down and hold them....i dont like hserk, but iif you think the steroids won that fight for sherk alone i think you are making too much of it....
StevieC
12/18/07 9:26:20AM
Sherk has been tested 12 times before this most recent test.

This was the only time that there ever was steriods found in his system.

BJ's dumb, he needs to move on with it. It is what it is. If he doesn't like it go fight in the WEC.....Sherk isn't going anywhere and he needs to live with it....
jgtribbett
12/18/07 1:18:55PM
wah wah wah wah wah.. someone even said that clean fighters should be pissed to fight roiders...
NO! they shoudl want to beat the crap outta them. I understand that it is illegal.. but let him serve his time and then get back in it.
I think its hilarious that BJ is verbally handing sherk his own ass and i agree that the title shouldnt be sherk's untile he wins as a clean fighter.. but damn.. ppl act like steroids are the end all of fighting. Just because someone takes roids doesnt mean they are going to be great or even good. the person has to be good in the beginning and have the will to train the way they in the first place. Once Sherk
's suspension is up .. let him get back in the cage and fight the #1 contender and go from there.

oh and PS. Unless BJ comes in phenominal shape... sherk by UD
Leland
12/18/07 1:47:02PM
I think BJ will rip this guy in half. I hope he worked on his cardio!
GermanWolf
12/18/07 3:38:37PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Amen brotha. Can't wait to hear the crying of the Penn nuthuggers after he drops a 25 minute shutout to Sherk.

"He separated his ribs! He had the Dengue fever! Sherk must have cheated!"

Should be good.
Pages: [1] 2