JZ vs BJ Penn

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » JZ vs BJ Penn
POLL: Who would win?
JZ 6% (2)
BJ Penn 94% (32)
tepid55
2/2/10 1:46:46PM
Who do you think would win in a fight between BJ Penn and JZ Cavalcante? I think JZ would have a good chance to win because of his great standup, wrestling skills, and submission defense.
State_Champ
2/2/10 1:56:49PM
TBH I would rather see BJ fight Melendez and/or Alvarez.
I think Melendez would stand the best chance against BJ...idk why i feel this way though....
Anyways, I think BJ would beat down JZ
higdon10
2/2/10 2:31:17PM
I like JZ, but I dont see him beating BJ
grappler0000
2/2/10 3:17:02PM

Posted by tepid55

Who do you think would win in a fight between BJ Penn and JZ Cavalcante? I think JZ would have a good chance to win because of his great standup, wrestling skills, and submission defense.

JZ is good, but BJ is far superior in all 3 areas. It's kinda like the Fedor/Nog matchup, but on an even larger scale.
cmill21
2/2/10 3:24:37PM
I think JZ is the closest to beating BJ....but thats still not close.
NatedawgThaM
2/2/10 4:18:20PM
If he would of beaten Aoki & Tawajiri then I would have been like hell yeah he stands a hell of a chance but since he lost to both in lackluster performances, I think BJ would wreck em.
SpiderSilva
2/2/10 6:28:20PM
Till someone cracks the armor of BJ Penn he is never gonna lose at 155 I mean come on his last 2 fights were vs lagit contenders and he walked through them everyone brought up would be dominated the same.

BJ has the best boxing at 155 and no one to date has matched him on the ground hell they cant even get it to the ground and if they do errrr Matt Hughes they get schooled and if you say "Aoki" he would get KOed by the same punch that almost finished Sanchez in 30 sec.

*GSP is BJ Penn's kriptonite!*
chickmagnet
2/5/10 12:14:26AM
BJ by spectacular KO.
codyq
2/8/10 7:24:08PM

TBH I would rather see BJ fight Melendez and/or Alvarez.

I'm on this bus.

For how young alvarez is, he STILL poses a threat, but I would put my money on Melendez, he is a scrappy little ******. He has avenged all of his losses and is on a tear. Has wins over Tatsuya Kawajiri josh thompson and Guida. I know this resume is no where near penns background, but we are talking skill, not the past. BJ is one of the best boxers in MMA, but Melendez is a wrestler and has a BJJ background. I think wrestlers who have a background in BJJ can be pretty dangerous. Meledez can box too, hes got a chin as well. Then again so does BJ. All I know is, I wanna see this fight.
codyq
2/8/10 7:27:40PM
Speaking of cavalcante though. What about the 205 lb cavalcante in strikeforce. I think a couple more wins for this guy and he will be challenging Gegard for the belt.
BustedKnuckle
2/11/10 6:02:56PM
JZ is a great fighter. Good wrestling, boxing, sub defense. That said..................BJ PENN is the best LW of all time and seems to only get better and more calm with age. BJ will retire the champ.