B.J. Penn: I'm going to try and kill you, but it's nothing personal

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » B.J. Penn: I'm going to try and kill you, but it's nothing personal
MMAcca
1/15/09 1:18:10AM

Penn today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that he stands behind his claims -- but that it's nothing personal.

LINK
motorboatensob
1/15/09 6:09:17AM
WAR Penn "Kill um all"
finnish_line
1/15/09 10:19:54AM

I really disliked BJ's "I'm going to try to kill you" ... "I'm willing to die" stuff in his Primetime interviews.

It just sounds so phony. Base your interviews in reality. Something so over the top just makes everything you say less believable.

Not even taking into account his immediately saying all the Sherk hate was made up after their fight.
Wallass
1/15/09 10:32:52AM
LOL this is gonna be so sweet when he gets his ass handed to him. BJ thinks hes the modern day Tito when hes more like Baroni ( talks and no one listens). And the Quitter stuff? This is the guy who won the Welterweight title and left UFC. BJ will lose and probably leave the UFC before he gets beaten by Ken Flo too.
tuvok500
1/15/09 10:55:49AM

Posted by Wallass

LOL this is gonna be so sweet when he gets his ass handed to him. BJ thinks hes the modern day Tito when hes more like Baroni ( talks and no one listens). And the Quitter stuff? This is the guy who won the Welterweight title and left UFC. BJ will lose and probably leave the UFC before he gets beaten by Ken Flo too.

But i do believe he will stay and get destroy by Kenflo too !!

IriShame
1/15/09 12:09:17PM
You will all eat your words when they crown the new Welterweight champ. Get 'em BJ, get 'em!
mictlantechutli
1/15/09 12:31:53PM
Hehehe silly Canadians. "GSP destroyed BJ in their first fight" = GSP winning a razor thin split decision and leaving with a face that looked like raw hamburger. So after BJ leavs the UFC in disgrace after loosing to GSP and Kenny Florian, let me guess, Kalib Starnes beats Damien Maia by running circles around him, and then Jonathan Goulet wins the title by not getting knocked out in the first round by anyone and everyone... right eh?
kaduey
1/15/09 2:08:27PM

Posted by mictlantechutli

Hehehe silly Canadians. "GSP destroyed BJ in their first fight" = GSP winning a razor thin split decision and leaving with a face that looked like raw hamburger. So after BJ leavs the UFC in disgrace after loosing to GSP and Kenny Florian, let me guess, Kalib Starnes beats Damien Maia by running circles around him, and then Jonathan Goulet wins the title by not getting knocked out in the first round by anyone and everyone... right eh?

First of all that's pure but predictable ignorance. Don't compare GSP, a a pound for pound all time great to guys like Kalib Starnes and Jonathan Goulet. Second of all what point are you trying to get at?
MaxOne
1/15/09 2:27:23PM
I don't like when BJ says stuff like that but that doesn't take away from how talented he is. Kenny Florian beating BJ Penn would be a miracle. Kenny is talented and better than most but no where near bj's level in my opinion. seeing that bj was taking time away from training makes me doubt him. I'm still expecting him to beat Georges but i'm less confident than i was before the show last night. (it's probably some devious plan to change the odds on the fight so people can make big money by betting on pen as an underdog:) )
mictlantechutli
1/15/09 5:30:59PM
Let's see, following two posts likening BJ Penn to Phil Baroni, I don't think comparing GSP to Starnes or Goulet is that much of a stretch, particularly considering that BJ is being called a quitter for leaving the UFC after beating Hughes. He want to Japan, the hub of mma at the time, and beat a welterweight, and a middleweight, before loosing a close decision to everybody's new favorite LHW. Hardly what I would call quitting. Pure but predictable ignorance eh?
motorboatensob
1/16/09 5:07:58PM

Posted by Wallass

He left the UFC to go pay to put on a fight between him and the former Golden Boy Gomi which he beat. He came back beat the hell out of GSP lost two fights and got his sh** together and is now the LW champ. Sounds like someone is listening to him, GSP is a quitter we all seen him taping for his life when Serra was beating him you didn't see BJ taping when Hughes had him trapped beating on him. WAR PENN
nastshabast
1/16/09 5:15:34PM

Posted by MaxOne

I don't like when BJ says stuff like that but that doesn't take away from how talented he is. Kenny Florian beating BJ Penn would be a miracle. Kenny is talented and better than most but no where near bj's level in my opinion. seeing that bj was taking time away from training makes me doubt him. I'm still expecting him to beat Georges but i'm less confident than i was before the show last night. (it's probably some devious plan to change the odds on the fight so people can make big money by betting on pen as an underdog:) )

Can't win on a dog if he doesn't win, and he won't.
EvenFlow
1/16/09 5:20:01PM
Really pumped for this fight, I like both guys but gotta give the nod to BJ by knockout and making history.
Aether
1/16/09 6:17:46PM

Posted by motorboatensob

Posted by Wallass

He left the UFC to go pay to put on a fight between him and the former Golden Boy Gomi which he beat. He came back beat the hell out of GSP lost two fights and got his sh** together and is now the LW champ. Sounds like someone is listening to him, GSP is a quitter we all seen him taping for his life when Serra was beating him you didn't see BJ taping when Hughes had him trapped beating on him. WAR PENN

NOT that I think BJ would have tapped, but Matt had him in a crucifix so tapping probably would've been kind of tough in that situation lol.

I'm still not entirely sure who I am going to pick.... it's a tough call but I'm still leaning towards GSP because it's a 5 round fight. Even with improved cardio I don't think BJ can keep up with GSP in round 4 and 5.
JimiMak
1/16/09 9:01:36PM

Posted by Aether

Posted by motorboatensob

Posted by Wallass

NOT that I think BJ would have tapped, but Matt had him in a crucifix so tapping probably would've been kind of tough in that situation lol.

I'm still not entirely sure who I am going to pick.... it's a tough call but I'm still leaning towards GSP because it's a 5 round fight. Even with improved cardio I don't think BJ can keep up with GSP in round 4 and 5.

He looked like a man who realized that as a fighter his job at the moment was to eat the ko/stoppage, imo, but verbal taps and foot taps are just as viable. plus both arms were pinned but I don't think actually tapping a hand would've been that hard. anyway, even if he wins the first threee and loses the last two he wins the dec. To me the decider, tho it's razor thin when talking pick as opposed to who to root for, is that I believe BJ could finish, I don't see GSP stopping him. I could easily be wrong but it should be the fight of the century. I may actually pay for it. That would make 3 of the last 4 I've paid for events that BJ headlined.
Jackelope
1/16/09 10:44:27PM
You guys are nuts

This will be a competitive fight for either guy. The winner is very hard to predict. They're doing a perfect job hyping the fight- I mean just look how split all the fans are here. People are emotionally invested in this fight for one side or the other. The GSP nuthuggers are saying GSP will brutally KO Penn, and the BJ nuthuggers are talking about how bad he's going to smash GSP's face in.

I haven't decided 100% on my pick yet, but I am excited to see the MMA world in such a buzz for this fight. To say that either fighter will embarass the other is just straight up ridiculous IMO, but you guys have your fun arguing amongst yourselves LOL