PENICK: Previews and predictions for UFC 99: The Comeback

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » PENICK: Previews and predictions for UFC 99: The Comeback
emfleek
6/11/09 8:35:20AM
UFC 99 comes live on pay-per-view Saturday afternoon U.S. time from the Lanxess Arena in Cologne, Germany. With 12 fights scheduled for the German fans, including six guaranteed for the pay-per-view broadcast, this is a card filled with match ups that are all but certain to be crowd pleasers. Rich Franklin and Wanderlei Silva clash at a catchweight in the main event, but before we get there we're set with eleven other fights. Here's what's on tap this Saturday:

John Hathaway vs. Rick Story: Story makes his UFC debut in this fight against the undefeated Hathaway. Hathaway made his own debut back in January at UFC 93 with a first round destruction of Thomas Egan. The Brit is a veteran of Cage Rage and has compiled a perfect 10-0 record coming into this bout. He's finished five straight fights with four by TKO and one by submission. This is just a tough spot for Story coming in and I see Hathaway with another first round TKO in his second Octagon appearance.

Denis Stojnic vs. Stefan Struve: Both Stojnic and Struve were given extremely difficult tests in their respective UFC debuts. Stojnic had to face off against Cain Velasquez, who is also appearing on this card, and Struve had to face off against another heavyweight up and comer in Junior Dos Santos. Struve is eight years younger than Stojnic, but he has three times the number of fights under his belt. Before running into the striking power that Dos Santos brings to the table Struve had put together 13 wins in his career, most by way of submission. Stojnic was beaten pretty handily in the stand up game by Velasquez, and the taller, lengthier Struve will look to do the same in the ground game. Second round submission for Struve.

STORY
emfleek
6/11/09 8:40:12AM
ATTN: Mod(s)

I guess this isn't exactly 'news' so feel free to move it to the appropriate forum, if you wish.
Franklinfan47
6/11/09 11:04:54AM
Good picks
KaibaThedon
6/11/09 1:40:18PM
Awesome picks.

I think Swick is going to beat Saunders though, but hey, thats just me.
prozacnation1978
6/12/09 2:19:45PM
good info
chickmagnet
6/13/09 12:38:03PM
I agree with all except for Rich/Wanderlei....Wanderlei will KO him in round 2.