Pedro Rizzo Receives Offer To Fight Fedor

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Pedro Rizzo Receives Offer To Fight Fedor
grappler0000
11/6/07 6:54:45AM
According to Tatame.com Pedro Rizzo has received an offer to fight Fedor Emelianenko:

The champion of Art of War, Pedro Rizzo, traveled yesterday to Holland to help his friend Peter Aerts for the K-1 GP. He also traveled with the objective of sharpening his striking for a possible fight with Fedor Emelianenko.

Link
Blizzard
11/6/07 7:18:35AM
That is awsome, I love Rizzo. I don't think he will be able to hang with Fedor now days, but I would love to see the fight. WAR Rizzo.
tomp6581
11/6/07 7:23:03AM
I suppose it makes more sense than Monson. Why dont they set up Fedor to fight Barnett?! With Randy contracted to the ufc for the next 9months, Barnett is the only fight that makes sense.
jomatty
11/6/07 7:59:06AM
absolutely, fedor vs barnett is second only to fedor vs randy and barnett is probally a tougher test for fedor right now.
ohiostate1016
11/6/07 9:58:33AM
It seems like M-1 is trying to sign all of the big names in the HW division that aren't signed. I bet Dana is glad he got Lesnar now. I think that M-1 is trying to set up a "4-man tournament" for the belt.

Fedor
Rizzo

Barnett
Monson

With the idea of a "supermatch" between Barnett and Fedor in the future? Does anyone else see this, or is it just me?
rabbit915
11/6/07 10:29:36AM
I could see M-1 dong that but it really doesnt make sense. Barnett and Fedor are miles ahead of monson and Rizzo. Just seems like they are drawing it out.
FantasyFighter
11/6/07 10:54:57AM

Posted by ohiostate1016

It seems like M-1 is trying to sign all of the big names in the HW division that aren't signed. I bet Dana is glad he got Lesnar now. I think that M-1 is trying to set up a "4-man tournament" for the belt.

Fedor
Rizzo

Barnett
Monson

With the idea of a "supermatch" between Barnett and Fedor in the future? Does anyone else see this, or is it just me?

If this is the case they would definitely be trying to pick up right where PrideFC left off. That was the plan they had for the Open-Weight GP.
atlas777
11/6/07 11:01:54AM
That would be a pretty good fight, i think it would be one worth watching i would like to see rizzo pull it off but i still see fedor coming off with the win.
wrona666
11/6/07 12:29:19PM
One more washed up apponent for Fedor........Wow how exciting......
gspgnp
11/6/07 12:29:24PM
I know that Fedor will most likely win this fight, but I have been a fan of Rizzo's for a long time. I feel like he was one of the best fighters that got oh so close but just couldn't touch that UFC gold. I want to see this fight and I'll be rooting hard for Rizzo just because it would be crazy if he was the first one to decisively Fedor. WAR RIZZO!
xxdeadpoolxx
11/6/07 12:43:42PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Fedor
Rizzo

Barnett
Monson

Wow that would be an ausome tourney
Ordep
11/6/07 1:03:16PM

Posted by ohiostate1016

Fedor
Rizzo

Barnett
Monson

Agree.... I've always wanted to see that Barnett-Monson match, plus it'll be a good way to start with all those guys in the M-1 HW-d
hathcock32
11/6/07 2:22:05PM
Pedro Rizzo.......thats the best guy they can find. If you were the best guy in the world i just dont get why you would ever want to fight a guy not even in the top 20. Its a lose lose situation....I'll never get the decisions Fedor makes.
Sam_Rothstein
11/6/07 3:43:03PM

Posted by hathcock32

Pedro Rizzo.......thats the best guy they can find. If you were the best guy in the world i just dont get why you would ever want to fight a guy not even in the top 20. Its a lose lose situation....I'll never get the decisions Fedor makes.

yeah i guess its better then jeff monson but it still is not a fight I would be waiting in line for.

I personally would rather see fedor fight a top 10 heavyweight, or even a top 10 light heavyweight

i mean fighting a middleweight was odd enough but now rizzo? the only reason rizzo even beat monson was because the snow man was dumb enough to stand with him the whole fight
TOMMYAYO05
11/6/07 4:19:58PM
Im still mourning over the fact that the ufc didnt get fedor and then on top of things randy's resignation.
low-blow
11/6/07 4:41:53PM
[Hathcock32 Pedro Rizzo.......thats the best guy they can find. If you were the best guy in the world i just dont get why you would ever want to fight a guy not even in the top 20. Its a lose lose situation....I'll never get the decisions Fedor makes.]

I would have to agree 100% with you Rizzo has only had 4 fights in the last 4 years, I think Fedor will run right through him. Barnett is the best fight out there for Fedor besides Randy. I like Fedor but he definetly is picking some wack fights, His last fight was against a middle weight, I will be troubled to see him on top of the rankings if this continues.
fullfighting
11/6/07 6:45:28PM
Its better than nothing.
MMAnomale
11/7/07 4:59:54PM
I agree with other dude who said he's still mourning the UFC not obtaining Fedor and the loss of Couture.
Rizzo kicks to the leg are brutal but Fedor will probably take him down and GnP him to death. I'd like to watch it, but I'd rather be watching Fedor fighting Couture in the cage.......
Mayhem13
11/7/07 8:04:20PM
Pedro is fun to watch, and he is still very good.....but I dont see him being able to beat Fedor...atleast at this point in his career....but I do like this matchup better then the Monson match up..