Now You Can Be At UFC 91 And Have Your PBP Too!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Now You Can Be At UFC 91 And Have Your PBP Too!
DCRage
11/13/08 5:02:57PM
Just found this almost-funny tidbit on F4W:

UFC is offering in-arena radios for the first time on Saturday night where for $10, you can get a radio and hear the commentary by Mike Goldberg and Joe Rogan.

Now seriously, how many people do you think will pay the extra $10 for that? Cool idea indeed, but I couldn't help but laugh a little bit at this.
jiujitsufreak74
11/13/08 5:06:38PM

Posted by DCRage

UFC is offering in-arena radios for the first time on Saturday night where for $10, you can get a radio and hear the commentary by Mike Goldberg and Joe Rogan.

Now seriously, how many people do you think will pay the extra $10 for that? Cool idea indeed, but I couldn't help but laugh a little bit at this.

not gonna lie, i might, seeing as how Goldy always says at least one retarded comment per event and i wouldn't want to miss it
grappler0000
11/13/08 5:28:36PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by DCRage

not gonna lie, i might, seeing as how Goldy always says at least one retarded comment per event and i wouldn't want to miss it

Not only that, but if you've never been to a live sporting event, it's quite the adjustment not hearing any commentary. It took my wife a while to adjust to the situation when I took her to her first live event. And I could tell by the look on her face that she was having withdrawals.
DCRage
11/13/08 5:39:31PM
I'll admit that when I went to UWC last month and watched it without commentary it was kinda refreshing for a change, I could focus all my attention on the fight and listen for other noises and the like without having a couple of running dialogues distract me. Plus between fights I could just sit back, relax, and take in the atmosphere.
grappler0000
11/13/08 6:10:28PM

Posted by DCRage

I'll admit that when I went to UWC last month and watched it without commentary it was kinda refreshing for a change, I could focus all my attention on the fight and listen for other noises and the like without having a couple of running dialogues distract me. Plus between fights I could just sit back, relax, and take in the atmosphere.

Don't get me wrong, it is nice to just sit back and watch a fight, but I have a feeling that there will be plenty of people willing to spring for the radio.
Whispering_Death
11/13/08 6:34:13PM
I always go to fights with newbies so I end up doing all the commentary myself so they understand what's going on on the ground.
DCRage
11/14/08 6:52:49AM
Now I see in an image ad on UFC's website that you'll also be able to hear "exclusive live event sounds" as well as sounds from the corners between rounds. That makes it a bit more justifiable to me.
prozacnation1978
11/14/08 9:37:16AM
hey i have one!!!
this is not first time they have been doing this for awhile now
emfleek
11/14/08 9:45:24AM
There will almost certainly be a delay and that would drive me up the friggin' wall. Not to mention trying to hear it over the crowd boo'ing Cecil Peoples.
hathcock32
11/14/08 3:43:40PM
I definately would purchase this. I think it would be cool. I know a lot of old timers that take the radio to the ballpark and listen to game on the radio while being at the stadium.
slapshot
11/14/08 4:03:55PM

Posted by DCRage

For people who can pay 1200.00 per seat whats 10 bucks and why would you not?