UFC 84 Payouts Revealed

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 84 Payouts Revealed
Next Page »
DCRage
5/27/08 1:35:47PM
The NSAC has released the fighter payouts from UFC 84. The total disclosed payouts, which do not include sponsor money, other bonuses, etc. totaled just over $1.23 million.

Article
Aaronno9
5/27/08 1:42:31PM
Tito gets $210 k to show and jardine gets ten? something isn't right there.
DCRage
5/27/08 1:44:14PM
Tito had a more lucrative contract he signed a while back. Jardine currently has no such deal-he didn't exactly get a life-changing payday when he beat Liddell either. For that fight he only got something like $20,000, I think.
backalley101
5/27/08 1:58:23PM
All fighters need to make 20 and up to fight in the U.F.C
teddythetuna
5/27/08 2:05:40PM
yeah for being the "big show" they certainly dont pay that well. but im sure we already knew that. but 10k for jardine is a joke. but i guess drawing power has a lot to do with it too. look at Lesnar
quezocrema0032
5/27/08 2:07:29PM
well its getting there once jardines contract runs out he will get more im sure clemmintti made 20 2 show so its getting there i hope ...
The-Don
5/27/08 2:16:15PM
Lyoto Machida — $100,000 ($50,000 to show, $50,000 to win)
Tito Ortiz — $210,000
Machida defeated Ortiz via unanimous decision

Yea Ortiz is right.. the Pay in the UFC is screwed up.. Lyoto won and still got paid less then the guy he beat

Rousimar Palhares — $10,000 ($5,000 to show, $5,000 to win)
Ivan Salaverry — $20,000
Palhares defeated Salaverry via submission (armbar) in round one

Winner made less then the loser

Goran Reljic — $6,000 ($3,000 to show, $3,000 to win)
Wilson Gouveia — $18,000
Reljic defeated Gouveia via technical knockout (strikes) round two

Again.. winnder making less

Yoshiyuki Yoshida — $12,000 ($6,000 to show, $6,000 to win)
Jon Koppenhaver — $8,000
Yoshida defeated Koppenhaver via submission (anaconda choke) in round one

OK this one the winner made more... and the base pay for both fighters is pretty even... but if you look at some of these they are jest messed up. Yea something does need to be done about fighters pay, Jason Tan only got paid $3000 but he is fighting in the UFC where supposedly only the best fight? granted yes these guys signed contracts.. but most are fighters.. there needs to be someone looking out for these guys... not saying a union that is why other sports have these freaking outrageous salaries.. but you would almost think the agents are being paid off for the guys who can afford agents... if your fighting in the UFC you should at least be making more then minimum wage.. oh yea.. 3K for a fight is less then minimum wage when you factor in all the time one has to spend to train at that level to be able to compete.. A single person might be able to make it on 2K a month to be able to train... if so the guy made a month and a half salray.. he still hast at least that time to go for his next fight assuming he is not recovering from an injury in most cases 6 month between fights.. so the guy is broke for 4 and a half months.. .. myself I have awife and kids.. if I were going to train at a level to be able to compete in the UFC which is basicly training nearly full time.. I'd need at least 3K a month ( it is possible I am doing it now on less but no training ) so for a fight I would need a minimum of 18,000 to live for 6 months if I fight twice a year so a base of 20K for a guy in the UFC who is supposedly the best in the world since he is fighting in the UFC would be fair and thats forthe bottom rung guys still working on making a big name for themselves. 40K a year is at about the national average... and well mor then I make... but I am not getting beat up for a living.. Heck if you made the pro tour in golf and spent a year placeing last every tourrnament your making I beleive 6 figures... low 6 figures.. but your playing Gold every weekend...
Twenty20Dollars
5/27/08 2:21:12PM
one thing that kinda sucks is that you beat a guy and yet the guy you beat made more money than you haha. weird.
wrona666
5/27/08 2:21:14PM
I see nothing wrong with the pay here.....The bigger names get bigger paychecks its that simple.....Although i do feel sorry for Jardine because his hospital bill will be bigger then his paycheck.....I do think that the UFC should have some sort of health plan or at least pay for fighters hospital bills post fight.....
snakeplissken
5/27/08 2:39:15PM
$10, 000 for Jardine.... I'd say he got overpayed. 36 seconds work of which at least 5 of those he was asleep....
iwannabesedated
5/27/08 2:45:03PM

Posted by snakeplissken

$10, 000 for Jardine.... I'd say he got overpayed. 36 seconds work of which at least 5 of those he was asleep....

Hey atleast there wasnt anyone paid $1 like in that last EXC card.
FantasyFighter
5/27/08 2:48:38PM
I believe that the UFC does pay hospital bills for injuries sustained during a fight. Also, this debating salaries is pointless, because that number is just their reported base salary. It is common knowledge that these guys make more than just their base salary. Many fighters have talked about how Dana & the Fertitta's cut them what are sometimes very substantial checks in the dressing rooms after the fights. I mean look at the difference between Jardine and his opponents' salaries in his last two fights. As far as base salary, it looks ridiculous, but in any of his interviews and such have you ever heard him complain or even insinuate he is being treated unfairly? No, not even once. Unless you know exactly what these guys are taking home, its a pointless debate.

Oh, and I didnt even mention sponsorships.
imanidiot777
5/27/08 3:12:42PM

Posted by FantasyFighter

I believe that the UFC does pay hospital bills for injuries sustained during a fight. Also, this debating salaries is pointless, because that number is just their reported base salary. It is common knowledge that these guys make more than just their base salary. Many fighters have talked about how Dana & the Fertitta's cut them what are sometimes very substantial checks in the dressing rooms after the fights. I mean look at the difference between Jardine and his opponents' salaries in his last two fights. As far as base salary, it looks ridiculous, but in any of his interviews and such have you ever heard him complain or even insinuate he is being treated unfairly? No, not even once. Unless you know exactly what these guys are taking home, its a pointless debate.

Really good points, I recall Couture getting over 900k in a bonus check after having 250k shown on the site.
DiabloFreak56
5/27/08 3:23:15PM
thats just sad to be a fighter and make less than the person you beat.. im sorry something is wrong here.. and wtf is tito complaining about he got 210,000 for getting his ass kicked
jakeiceman
5/27/08 3:24:41PM

Posted by snakeplissken

No doubt man, I would take 10 K to be knocked out, actually I would take 5.
loller90278
5/27/08 3:27:48PM

Posted by wrona666

I see nothing wrong with the pay here.....The bigger names get bigger paychecks its that simple.....Although i do feel sorry for Jardine because his hospital bill will be bigger then his paycheck.....I do think that the UFC should have some sort of health plan or at least pay for fighters hospital bills post fight.....

the ufc is responsible for injuries that happen during the night of the fights. it is under the fighters insurance.

if they injure themselves during training though, that's a different story.
hodge
5/27/08 3:28:01PM
Poor old Jardine he really gets screwed
jiujitsufreak74
5/27/08 3:36:42PM
well you can't really complain about the salaries since the fighters are all on contracts they signed and agreed to. it doesn't matter if they win or lose while on the contract (besides win bonuses) because they have a set amount already. what they can do is win a lot and get a better contract next time around. also, it seems that Kim signed a pretty nice contract with the UFC...probably form his success in Korea. i hope he proves he deserves that cash in his next fight.
wrona666
5/27/08 3:55:43PM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by wrona666

the ufc is responsible for injuries that happen during the night of the fights. it is under the fighters insurance.

if they injure themselves during training though, that's a different story.

According to Tito in a post fight interview that is not the case, but i should not take any stock in anything Tito says....
holt8081
5/27/08 4:01:09PM
man acouple of those guys can fight jose conseco for more than what they made.
The-Don
5/27/08 4:41:15PM

Posted by FantasyFighter

You can't count what a fighter makes from sponsorships.. that is not being paid to them by the group they are fighting with... that is being p[aid by a seperate entity.. and you can't count on a sponsorship deal just cause your an athlete so That is null and void for the purposes of discussing what a fighter gets paid to fight..

And all the general public gets to see is the base salaries... With win bonus... if the UFC wants to shut people like Ortiz up, and if they really are giving the fighters extra money ontop of the public pay.. They need to just say they are and have a couple of fighters agree.. I don't think the amount needs to be disclosed but it would quite alot of people up...
Ronin74
5/27/08 5:01:56PM
Here's all the payouts for those of us who are to lazy to click the link;

B.J. Penn — $250,000 ($125,000 to show, $125,000 to win)
Sean Sherk — $35,000
Penn defeated Sherk via technical knockout (strikes) in round three

Wanderlei Silva — $150,000
Keith Jardine — $10,000
Silva defeated Jardine via knockout in round one

Lyoto Machida — $100,000 ($50,000 to show, $50,000 to win)
Tito Ortiz — $210,000
Machida defeated Ortiz via unanimous decision

Thiago Silva — $50,000 ($25,000 to show, $25,000 to win)
Antonio Mendes — $4,000
Silva defeated Mendes via submission (strikes) in round one

Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou — $80,000 ($40,000 to show, $40,000 to win)
Kazuhiro Nakamura — $20,000
Sokoudjou defeated Nakamura via technical knockout (strikes) in round one

Rousimar Palhares — $10,000 ($5,000 to show, $5,000 to win)
Ivan Salaverry — $20,000
Palhares defeated Salaverry via submission (armbar) in round one

Goran Reljic — $6,000 ($3,000 to show, $3,000 to win)
Wilson Gouveia — $18,000
Reljic defeated Gouveia via technical knockout (strikes) round two

Yoshiyuki Yoshida — $12,000 ($6,000 to show, $6,000 to win)
Jon Koppenhaver — $8,000
Yoshida defeated Koppenhaver via submission (anaconda choke) in round one

Dong Hyun Kim — $40,000 ($20,000 to show, $20,000 to win)
Jason Tan — $3,000
Kim defeats Tan via technical knockout (strikes) in round three

Rich Clementi — $40,000 ($20,000 to show, $20,000 to win)
Terry Etim — $10,000
Clementi defeated Etim via unanimous decision decision

Shane Carwin — $12,000 ($6,000 to show, $6,000 to win)
Christian Wellisch — $10,000
Carwin defeated Wellisch via knockout in round one

I would really like to know how some of these contracts are negotiated? You've got Jardine who had become a somewhat bankable commodity after his win over Liddell makeing 10K and then you have Kim who makes 40K and he has never fought in the UFC before. You've got Clementi who has fought numerous times in the UFC and has a real good record making 40K while Sokoudjou who lost his last fight against Machida and only has fought professionally 4-5 times makes 80K.

Some of these guys need to get some better negotiating skills or hire someone to do it for them.

SpiderSilva
5/27/08 5:49:03PM
well lets see I think this is a pretty good payday alot of the guys are stillmaking their way up they are getting paid WAY more than if they fought in a local show and Jardine is probly still under is after TUF contract all the guys that got the big paydays are people that have big name drawing power of beating everyone I think it looks good win some name put on a good show and you make the big bucks
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
5/27/08 7:31:03PM
Tan should hire Kim's agent...
Porch28
5/27/08 8:54:06PM
Nevermind
Sam_Rothstein
5/27/08 11:28:51PM
jesus 10,000 for keith jardine

is that really his salary or did they get the numbers confused with how much floyd mayweather makes a second
MMAcca
5/28/08 1:16:01AM
Poor Tito. No wonder he had to leave the UFC.

After only picking up $210k for losing when some fighters are picking up $3k!!

How's he gonna eat !!??

bustin_mma
5/28/08 2:10:41PM
dont forget some of those guys like palhares and reljic got sub of the night and fight of the night bonus' as well and ive heard that the are somwhere around 40k or so
telnights
5/28/08 2:21:06PM
I wish they wouldn't release this info because it causes people to think this is the only money they make. They don't report Bonuses (fight of the night and so on there are also some under the table bonus they don't talk about to. Dana is big on Bonuses), PPV %, or live gate %. So just report these numbers gives a people a very screwed point of view. I know they have to report them because of the state laws but wish they didn't. "Wanderlei Silva, Rousimar Palhares, Goran Reljic and Wilson Gouveia all secured $75,000 "fight night" bonuses stemming from the UFC 84 event."

You also don't see what money the fighters are making from sponsors and other sources but thats not part of the UFC's pay.
whardin19
5/28/08 2:23:59PM
I'm not too upset with any of these salaries. Some of these guys that got paid less are names in the UFC yet. You can't throw a huge amount of money on someone that hasn't proven themself in your company yet. That would just be crazy. No company in there right mind would do that. Now, the one salary I do have a problem with is Jardine. Jardine at only 10,000 a fight after beating Liddell is a joke. Hopefully that was his last fight on his contract and he gets a pay raise.
Pages: [1] 2