UFC 85 on Pay per View instead of Spike

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 85 on Pay per View instead of Spike
Trench777
4/25/08 2:55:18AM
Bummer. The title more or less says it all. Reportedly confirmed by MMAFighting.com

There will be good fights I'm sure, but I would wager this will be the lowest PPV draw in recent history.

Da Link
Pookie
4/25/08 3:27:15AM
Not ordering!
CornishMMA
4/25/08 5:28:35AM
But its a really really good card?!?!? its blatantly PPV worthy with Werdum Vera and Swick Davis and Leites Marquardt - do people really put this much stock into title fights?!!!

Or more to the point was it worth $40 just cos Chuck was fighting Rashad? but now isnt when it looks likely Bisping is fighting Leben?!?!? its a way improved fight ffs! the chuck rashad fight was going to be awful, at least we know these guys will brawl until 1 goes down! Rashad was just gonna dance for 15 mins and Chuck swing wildly hoping to land 1 but failing!
Pookie
4/25/08 5:31:40AM

Posted by CornishMMA

But its a really really good card?!?!? its blatantly PPV worthy with Werdum Vera and Swick Davis and Leites Marquardt - do people really put this much stock into title fights?!!!

Or more to the point was it worth $40 just cos Chuck was fighting Rashad? but now isnt when it looks likely Bisping is fighting Leben?!?!? its a way improved fight ffs! the chuck rashad fight was going to be awful, at least we know these guys will brawl until 1 goes down! Rashad was just gonna dance for 15 mins and Chuck swing wildly hoping to land 1 but failing!

well either way i wasnt going to order it. 1/2 the fights on the card i could care less for... and its on time delay...

DonHagliatelli
4/25/08 6:41:03AM
I hope this means they're gonna add some high-profile fights to the card.

snakeplissken
4/25/08 7:13:41AM
Mir is supposedly off UFC 86 so he could be moved up. Can't remeber where I read that, although some say it's because he's (Supposedly) the other coach with Big Nog on TUF 8 and will fight Nog after that.... Don't quote me though.

I'd rather see Bisping/Franklin in London than Leben.
DCRage
4/25/08 7:14:02AM
I can confirm this on ufc.com, it says "live on pay-per-view from London, England". I'm assuming it'll be like before, it'll be offered live at 3 PM ET but they'll heavily push a tape-delayed airing in the usual 10 PM ET timeslot.
EON
4/25/08 7:57:44AM
if they dont put in a slugfest main event the caliber of shogun liddell then i'm not ordering, its bad enough half of the card is lacking in excitement and they will probably show fights you could care less about (like UFC 83 showing quarry starnes and bisbing maccarthy), the UFC wants to milk there fans money i guess, being multi millionaires isnt enough, give us 70 and 75 free but never again, heartless sob's (overdramatic effect, still pissed tho)
Red-Dragon
4/25/08 8:33:01AM
I think that those of you who dont order will regret it. This looks a decent card. May not be the top fighters but all the fighters go 100%.

Was looking forward to seeing Chuck but not that interested in seeing Chuck V Evans. If Bisping V Leben happens then that will be FOTN.
emfleek
4/25/08 8:36:02AM
I'll still order it.

But like I said in another thread...I'm a MMA/UFC nuthugger.
D0wnUnd6e6r
4/25/08 8:43:23AM

Posted by emfleek

I'll still order it.

But like I said in another thread...I'm a MMA/UFC nuthugger.

Yeah I'll watch basically anything MMA related, and I always find myself enjoying what I watch.
emfleek
4/25/08 8:53:38AM
Exactly.

I don't understand how some people can say "Oh, there are no good fights!" when they have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE if the fights will be any good or not.

Now that I think about it, though...I may be going to the bar for this one. I haven't been out for a while and if people think it's a "boring" PPV, maybe the bar won't be packed.
CantAndleDaRiddum
4/25/08 8:59:07AM
me @ 2 other guys are pitching in & throwing a party so its gonna be $15 a piece & lots of beer. i'll have fun
Twenty20Dollars
4/25/08 9:14:31AM
this is a more solid card than 83, but just doesnt have the big main event as 83.
finnish_line
4/25/08 9:17:50AM

Pay Per Views at 3 p.m. or on tape delay at 10 p.m. should be $30.
Ordep
4/25/08 10:49:06AM
Agree w/ $20

This card is WAY better than 83, though not sure if I'll order it yet. If they make it available live at 3pm yes, just because of Marcus Davis , but If the only option is tape delay, I'll spend the $40 on beer and watch baseball.
scpd400
4/25/08 12:05:04PM
I would love to see the crippler beat bisping. But as far as paying for the fight they would be better off to make this one free to USA. Think about it Dana.
babytater03
4/25/08 12:24:50PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by CornishMMA

well either way i wasnt going to order it. 1/2 the fights on the card i could care less for... and its on time delay...

mmmhmm.

i've planned on going to a bar and watching it since Shogun pulled out.
ohiostate1016
4/25/08 1:31:46PM
Why do they always have bad events in June? Remember UFC 72 last June in Ireland? Franklin vs. Okami was the main event, and the other draw was that Forrest Griffin was on the card (doesn't matter who he fought)...
JWils
4/25/08 2:16:18PM
I'm buying it. I've got a few friends that always want to watch the PPV's so we all chip in and spend around $10 each. No big deal.

I would have liked the free card but the good thing about the PPV's are no commercials.
jiujitsufreak74
4/25/08 3:06:20PM

Posted by Pookie

Not ordering!

i think you should...Hughes vs Alves...c'mon you know you want to. well at least go to a bar or something so you can watch it. I myself actually don't order it per say but what i do is me and 6-10 friends go over one of my friends houses and chip in money. its only like 5 bucks that way and everyone gets to watch and have a good time.
Pookie
4/25/08 4:18:24PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by Pookie

Not ordering!

i think you should...Hughes vs Alves...c'mon you know you want to. well at least go to a bar or something so you can watch it. I myself actually don't order it per say but what i do is me and 6-10 friends go over one of my friends houses and chip in money. its only like 5 bucks that way and everyone gets to watch and have a good time.

yeah i just heard Hughes vs. Alves came into fruition.
prozacnation1978
4/25/08 4:46:33PM
i don't see why dana won't give us a freebie, but with hughes vs alves and bisping fight what did i say?? i said hughes would save the day
disorderlyvision
4/25/08 5:35:49PM
i wasnt going to order this one with chuck v rashad, still not ordering it. there are some good match ups but since i wont be able to see them live anyway i can hold off a day and watch the fights on the internet or perhaps go to a bar. but im not paying 45 for a tape delayed lackluster card
jgtribbett
4/25/08 6:14:39PM
screw it.. i'll order.. wait no i wont.. they show it for free on base.. yeah!~!!
EON
4/25/08 8:47:40PM

Posted by emfleek

Exactly.

I don't understand how some people can say "Oh, there are no good fights!" when they have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE if the fights will be any good or not.

Now that I think about it, though...I may be going to the bar for this one. I haven't been out for a while and if people think it's a "boring" PPV, maybe the bar won't be packed.

ok the problem i have with overseas events are that its not live it already happened, secondly why should i have to pay for them, they already have countless millions and would rather milk all of you instead of give you a break, i thought it was gonna be the thing now havin the overseas events free, 70 and 75 are free now never again? this is crap, dont get me wrong the card could be good but hardly worth 44$ and i have to pay for it when i shouldnt, and i dont see how you people feel bad for the brit's they have a channel that gets them UFC events basically for ordering the cheap package deal, so theres no argument for the UFC fanatics, making the overseas events PPV is bullshit. Period
bigbubbano23
4/26/08 11:24:22PM
not worth it. ill watch on internet the day after
Ben_Hutch
4/27/08 6:23:52AM
This card is more than PPV worthy:

Hughes vs. Alves
Bisping vs. Leben
Swick vs. Davis
Evans vs. Irvin
Werdum vs. Vera

Now that is a quality main card.