Paulo Thiago

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Paulo Thiago
NinjaCyborg
1/7/09 12:44:11PM
I don't know anything about this newcomer who is fighting Koshcheck, but isn't it like a step down for Josh?
DCRage
1/7/09 12:51:31PM
Not necessarily. He's 7-0 or 10-0 depending on who you ask (Sherdog says 7-0, the TATAME site says 10-0), fighting only in Brazil before. 3 sub wins, 3 decision wins, 1 ko/tko. Hasn't fought anybody you've heard of if you're outside Brazil, but I always wonder when a guy fights another guy with the same first & last name (he beat a guy named Carelli Carelli).
ncordless
1/7/09 1:37:57PM
bls1919
1/7/09 6:53:02PM
It is quite a task for Thiago to take his first fight against Kos. I think it will be a dec win for KOS.
Gipper
1/7/09 7:02:28PM
i've obviously heard good thing about this guy. he sure has the test of his life coming up it should be interesting to see how he does against one of the best ww's in the world.
State_Champ
1/8/09 12:08:32AM
I like th fact that the UFC gave him this fight as a try-out but haven't contracted him yet. That seems like a decent form of population control for the UFC.
Is anyone with me?
ncordless
1/8/09 5:54:27AM

Posted by State_Champ

I like th fact that the UFC gave him this fight as a try-out but haven't contracted him yet. That seems like a decent form of population control for the UFC.
Is anyone with me?

That is going to be a pretty small population if you have to beat Kos just to get in.
State_Champ
1/8/09 8:02:16AM

Posted by ncordless

Posted by State_Champ

Is anyone with me?

That is going to be a pretty small population if you have to beat Kos just to get in.

At least the guys who do make it into the UFC will definitely be good!