Paulo Filho talks Smack about Dana

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Paulo Filho talks Smack about Dana
Next Page »
InkedUp
6/29/07 7:29:58AM
This is from a Brazilian Newspaper and was translated over on mmanews.com, so if its wrong, blame them...

QUOTE]Dana White have been saying out there that i'm not interesting for UFC right now, he's going to keep me in Pride. I think he is scared that i beat his fighters, except for Anderson Silva. They wanna rebuilt Rich Franklin, Yushin okami sucks and almost caught him, if i was there, Franklin would get whooped. They don't like brazilians, but they can't hind, Anderson and I will rule UFC and Pride FC for a long time.
Stickan
6/29/07 8:33:56AM
Bah...
Dana doesn't like brazilians. Bringing in Shogun, Big Nog, Anderson Silva, Tavares and possibly Wanderlei Silva was just an accident. He thought they all were cubans.....
Signal2112
6/29/07 8:47:10AM
Yeah, I was going to say, there are no shortage of Brazilian fighters in the UFC right now, it's without a doubt one of the most important countries of the MMA map!
scoozna
6/29/07 8:57:12AM
I'm never quite sure if talking smack about Dana is a stupid strategy or a really smart one. They're either "biting the hand that feeds" or stirring up harmless controversy that gets their name talked about and builds interest. Not sure.
cincyassasin
6/29/07 9:07:32AM
I'd go with stupid seein how he has a monopoly in the MMA world......You burn that bridge and that's a wrap........ask Gabe Rudiger
kingkicker
6/29/07 9:24:51AM
I don't think it's good to pissoff Dana forsure he can make you or break you real fast
InkedUp
6/29/07 10:06:25AM
IMO all he is trying to do is atleast get Dana to mention his name somewhere down the line and possibly get a deal with K1 or an IFL team. And you guys are right, there is definately NOT a shortage of brazilian fighters, let alone trainers that are affiliated with not on the UFC, but also with PRIDE FC.
kaduey
6/29/07 10:21:03AM

Posted by InkedUp

IMO all he is trying to do is atleast get Dana to mention his name somewhere down the line and possibly get a deal with K1 or an IFL team. And you guys are right, there is definately NOT a shortage of brazilian fighters, let alone trainers that are affiliated with not on the UFC, but also with PRIDE FC.

Filho doesn't want a deal with K-1 and definately not the IFL. Filho will be fighting in the WEC for now and all he's saying is that Dana is scared that Paulo will whip Franklin and Okami which I agree with 100%.
babalu2720
6/29/07 11:03:36AM
i agree with fihlo. He should be in the UFC not this WEC crap. He would tool franklin and is more talented than Okami. I think Fihlo would beat silva too.
rameydl8
6/29/07 12:33:39PM

Posted by cincyassasin

I'd go with stupid seein how he has a monopoly in the MMA world......You burn that bridge and that's a wrap........ask Gabe Rudiger

.....dumbass people
gutoo
6/29/07 1:02:52PM

Posted by babalu2720

i agree with fihlo. He should be in the UFC not this WEC crap. He would tool franklin and is more talented than Okami. I think Fihlo would beat silva too.

i agree with you,filho is a top so why dana dont bring him?
lets see what franklin can do against filho and anderson is a friend of filho but filho submited anderson a lot of times and he can smash the guys in UFC IMO
hippysmacker
6/29/07 1:07:32PM
I f he did say this, doesn't seem to bright of him. As for him going to the WEC, it could be because they want to use him to help build up the WEC. He's top 3 to most people at his weight. Or it could mean they are going to keep Pride open, which is my hope. Either way I think they will have champ vs champ matches soon, and I think if Hendo leaves 185 than Filho will be champ pretty soon.
SteedTheDeed
6/29/07 1:19:49PM
Dana is trying to make Filho the face of the WEC, why can't he get that through his head, oh yea he is a stubborn brazilian. If dana didn't like filho he would keep him PRIDE so American fans wouldn't see or know of him. Filho is top 3 most overrated fighters of all time and i can't wait for someone to shut him up.
hippysmacker
6/29/07 3:19:26PM

Posted by SteedTheDeed

Dana is trying to make Filho the face of the WEC, why can't he get that through his head, oh yea he is a stubborn brazilian. If dana didn't like filho he would keep him PRIDE so American fans wouldn't see or know of him. Filho is top 3 most overrated fighters of all time and i can't wait for someone to shut him up.

I don't think Brazilians have the market cornered on stubborness.
adamsb
6/29/07 4:03:46PM
i dont think the guy is that good rich would smash him he guy has only fought like 3 good guys the rest r bums
grits207
6/29/07 4:39:44PM
Screw Filho.
MisFiT
6/29/07 4:44:01PM
No one cares what Filho thinks, he's a **** up. I feel some jealousy comin from his end. Not to discredit him though, he's a great fighter, undefeated, all that... But he kinda has no place to talk shit, his time will come.
Ultimate_fighter
6/29/07 6:34:01PM

Posted by rameydl8

Posted by cincyassasin

.....dumbass people

Ydoc
6/29/07 6:41:38PM
Dana doesn't dislike Brazilians, he hates assholes.
Rush
6/29/07 8:21:34PM

Posted by SteedTheDeed

What makes you think that most people that know about the WEC don't already know about Filho? I think the WEC is non-existent to the casual fan (which is a large part of the fan base.

If this is just a way to get his name mentioned I think it's pretty sad when fighters have to result to 'smack' talking to get noticed in the sport.
Rush
6/29/07 8:23:27PM

Posted by Ydoc

Dana doesn't dislike Brazilians, he hates assholes.

So he must be self hater then.
KYGUY07
6/29/07 8:38:33PM
Franklin would destroy fihlo. so would anderson.
nubby
6/29/07 8:39:37PM

Posted by KYGUY07

Franklin would destroy fihlo. so would anderson.

I'd like to see him fight in the UFC simply because of all the praise he gets.
zephead
6/29/07 9:00:49PM
Paulo Filho does not impress me at all. He is 14-0 with 6 submission wins. 7 wins by decision and 1 win by KO. His biggest win is a decision over Murilo Rua.

If Dana didn't bring him in the UFC it wouldn't bother me at all
kaduey
6/30/07 11:54:26AM
Filho is the best middelweight in the world. He would easily handle anyone at 185 in the UFC except for Anderson Silva, whom he would still beat. Why would Filho want to fight in the WEC when the YFC is the biggest stage in the world to compete.
MisFiT
6/30/07 2:38:51PM

Posted by kaduey

Filho is the best middelweight in the world. He would easily handle anyone at 185 in the UFC except for Anderson Silva, whom he would still beat. Why would Filho want to fight in the WEC when the YFC is the biggest stage in the world to compete.

UFC* and Filho is not the proven best MW in the world.
roman
7/1/07 1:53:37PM

Posted by adamsb

i dont think the guy is that good rich would smash him he guy has only fought like 3 good guys the rest r bums

Your toatlly nuts.
Filho would kill Franklin, the guy is an animal. Have you ever seen a fight of his cause until you do I wouldn't go around making statements like that. Filho's the strongest person I have ever seen at that weight division.
hippysmacker
7/1/07 2:41:55PM

Posted by roman

Posted by adamsb

Your toatlly nuts.
Filho would kill Franklin, the guy is an animal. Have you ever seen a fight of his cause until you do I wouldn't go around making statements like that. Filho's the strongest person I have ever seen at that weight division.

I agree that Fiho is physically the strongest 185'er and IMO one of the top 3 in the world. Still, his 2 best wins are against Ninja, and Misaki, neither top 10 in my book.Some may think Misaki is, I don't , and I don't know anyone who thinks Ninja is. Most of all this is just my opinion and your opinion. I'm guessing you were like the overwhelming majority of us who thought GSP over Serra,Lil Nog/Arona over Sokoudjou,and Jardine over Alexander just to name a few. We never know who will win a fight until they actually fight.
redmist
7/1/07 5:53:09PM
Filho's style would not excite the casual fan, but he is a very dominant fighter. These two things in conjunction with each other do not make good business sense for dana white.
The last thing he wants is a middleweight champ who consistently underwhelms
Metafour
7/1/07 8:08:06PM
Once Filho takes you to the ground it is extremely hard to get back to your feet. I think he would give anyone a run for their money in the MW division. I would definately pick him over Rich as well.
Pages: [1] 2