Paulo Filho hospitalized after drug overdose...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Paulo Filho hospitalized after drug overdose...
emfleek
10/19/11 12:42:48PM
MiddleEasy is reporting on Twitter that former WEC fighter, Paulo Filho, has been hospitalized in Rio after a drug overdose.

From the miniscule research I've done, the drug is said to be Rohypnol (also known as "roofies"). Rohypnol is prescribed to help treat severe insomnia.
postman
10/19/11 12:53:19PM
Man that kid has some issues.
Rabi
10/19/11 1:01:16PM
Deleted
cowcatcher
10/19/11 1:04:59PM
That guy is going to end up one of the tragic early figures of the sport as we look back years from now. He had a ton of potential and some good wins on his resume before falling way off the deep end. I hope he recovers.
FastKnockout
10/19/11 1:07:54PM
Roofies? Man.. Not something you want to overdose on.
prophecy033
10/19/11 1:20:37PM
This is a sad story. Filho was once a rising star with a ton of upside but in recent years he's been treading down. Ever since his second fight with Sonnen where he was talking to himself, he just flamed out. It's tragic really. I hope he gets his shit together
TeamDEY
10/19/11 1:27:56PM
Filho is the biggest waste of talent.
postman
10/19/11 2:04:37PM

Posted by prophecy033

This is a sad story. Filho was once a rising star with a ton of upside but in recent years he's been treading down. Ever since his second fight with Sonnen where he was talking to himself, he just flamed out. It's tragic really. I hope he gets his shit together

If I remember correct it was before the Sonnen fight that he was acting nuts. He did a bunch of odd stuff at AADC a while back as well if memory serves.
ghandikush
10/19/11 2:22:11PM

Posted by postman

Posted by prophecy033

If I remember correct it was before the Sonnen fight that he was acting nuts. He did a bunch of odd stuff at AADC a while back as well if memory serves.

He was doing coke hardcore before the first Sonnen fight, probably even while still dominating. Competition just hiked up, and by competition I mean the only other talented MW I can remember in the wec at the time Sonnen. Turns out he was really talented without the roids.
DeadHead988
10/19/11 2:26:07PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by postman

Posted by prophecy033

He was doing coke hardcore before the first Sonnen fight, probably even while still dominating. Competition just hiked up, and by competition I mean the only other talented MW I can remember in the wec at the time Sonnen. Turns out he was really talented without the roids.

That's not a very accurate statement and I'm pretty sure it's completely untrue
cowcatcher
10/19/11 2:35:39PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by postman

Posted by prophecy033

If you don't have a source, don't even post this kind of stuff.
Poor_Franklin
10/19/11 2:36:52PM
why bring up roids in an article about a fighter ODing????

we need a room called the Bitch Room & when people get on here just to bitch, instead of posting it in a thread that it doesn't need it, they can post it in the Bitch Room
FastKnockout
10/19/11 2:59:08PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by postman

Posted by prophecy033

If you don't have a source, don't even post this kind of stuff.

I don't know if it's coke, but Filho himself has stated that he has issues with substance abuse.
cowcatcher
10/19/11 3:21:54PM
Yeah but saying he was on coke without knowing if it was something else is going to make asses of people according to an old saying.
Omega_8
10/19/11 4:49:05PM
This is sad. i remember he was pretty dominant at one point, i thought it was weird that he's been losing to relative nobodies recently. i guess this is why, i hope he pulls through all of this.
shaneTpain
10/19/11 6:03:45PM
The poor dude. I mean everyone has there poison but roofies....? Bucked up