Paulo Filho faces Denis Kang at Impact FC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Paulo Filho faces Denis Kang at Impact FC
Jshep714
5/14/10 6:16:52PM
The promoter of Impact FC, Tom Huggins, just let us know firsthand that Paulo Filho will face Denis Kang in the 3rd edition of his event scheduled for July 17, 2010, in Australia. The fight would be the final of the Pride GP (up to 84kg), which did not happen due to an injury of Paulo Filho. On the occasion Misaki Kazushi, who had been submitted by Filho in the semifinals, came back and won against Kang in the jury decision, winning the championship belt of the GP.

LINK

So what do you think the chances are that this fight actually happens?
Giant_Ochai
5/14/10 7:06:16PM

Posted by Jshep714

The promoter of Impact FC, Tom Huggins, just let us know firsthand that Paulo Filho will face Denis Kang in the 3rd edition of his event scheduled for July 17, 2010, in Australia. The fight would be the final of the Pride GP (up to 84kg), which did not happen due to an injury of Paulo Filho. On the occasion Misaki Kazushi, who had been submitted by Filho in the semifinals, came back and won against Kang in the jury decision, winning the championship belt of the GP.

LINK

So what do you think the chances are that this fight actually happens?

Who the hell is Misaki Kazushi? I've only heard of and watched Misaki Kazuo fight Filho and Kang. Mr. Huggins better have a standby ready.
lohmann
5/14/10 7:16:38PM
Two fighters that have squandered vast amounts of potential.

If Filho makes it to the fight, and that is an if, he'll win.
machodog76
5/14/10 7:22:36PM
I don't think kang has realy squandered his potential, he just wasn't very good in the UFC, Filho on the other hand..
cmill21
5/14/10 7:28:26PM

Posted by machodog76

I don't think kang has realy squandered his potential, he just wasn't very good in the UFC, Filho on the other hand..

Kangs is more emotional I would imagin.
Mr_Dead_Sexy
5/14/10 7:46:00PM
If we could hop into a time machine set for about 5 years ago, this has fight of the year written on it.
Aether
5/14/10 8:05:15PM
I don't care to see Filho fight anymore, personally. I think the guy needs a new job, or at very least he needs to take some time off and get his life together so that he doesn't destroy his career completely in the meantime.
kopower
5/14/10 8:49:38PM

Posted by Aether

I don't care to see Filho fight anymore, personally. I think the guy needs a new job, or at very least he needs to take some time off and get his life together so that he doesn't destroy his career completely in the meantime.

Exactly. He needs to take some time off instead of missing fights, then scheduling new ones. How about Filho vs Parisyan and whoever shows up wins
BustedKnuckle
5/14/10 9:10:33PM
I hope Paulo can get it back together. When he was in the WEC he looked like a champion. And was.
gartface
5/14/10 10:22:56PM
Next headline "David Louiseau to step in for Paulo Filho at Impact FC."
fizzle
5/15/10 7:38:21AM

Posted by gartface

Next headline "David Louiseau to step in for Paulo Filho at Impact FC."

Anything with Filho in the match up needs a star that says *subject to change*.
DCRage
5/15/10 8:10:10AM
Wow, this has been some kind of slow news week.
prozacnation1978
5/15/10 3:01:58PM
Impact fc. Is putting up a decent card karo. Josh barnett. Daley shamrock and
Rizzo now fihlo andkang
They should call it the losers bunch. J/k
Ufc misfits!!!!
Svartorm
5/16/10 9:48:20PM
I'd take Kang all day in this fight, as the Grand Prix illustrates exactly how far Filho has fallen.

For those not familiar, Filho blew out his knee in his fight with Misaki, and then attempted to hide the injury from doctors so they'd allow him to fight. Someone noticed his knee was screwed up and wouldn't allow him to continue in the tournament. Paulo Filho stood in the ring during the announcement and openly wept that he couldn't fight.

Now he misses weight for Championship fights, no shows due to purse size, and straight up lies about travel issues.

I'd take any fighter with a heartbeat over Filho at this point.