Paulo Filho anyone??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Paulo Filho anyone??
POLL: How would Paulo Filho do in the UFC?
Among the top 5 27% (7)
Among the top 3 42% (11)
Either first or second 4% (1)
The best Middleweight the UFC would have 15% (4)
Out of the top 5 12% (3)
TOMMYAYO05
8/7/07 2:19:34PM
I was just wondering as i was watching Filho tko Joe over the weekend,and i thought to myself i wonder where people think Filho ranks among middleweights in the ufc and how he would do.Personally i think Silva would tko him and i think him and Franklin would be the fight of the year with their two styles.
TOMMYAYO05
8/7/07 3:14:04PM
i would put him among the top 3
peachfuzzz1305
8/7/07 3:41:21PM
He would be the best

He is gonna be the 1st person 2 beat Anderson in the UFC
fullerene
8/7/07 7:13:55PM
Oops, I was voting for all 185 pounders and I'd put him behind Henderson and Silva and around the same class as Lindland, Kang, Franklin, Okami and Shamrock.

Only 3 of those guys are in the UFC so read my "top 5" vote as a "top 3".
fullfighting
8/7/07 7:26:52PM
He is very good- top 4 or 5 in the world.(middleweights)
juanez13
8/7/07 8:59:57PM
ill put him 4 or 5,,,,,and even if he beats everyone in WEC i still put him there, cus the top competition is at UFC, he is on my top 10 of UFC's must haves...
the_Advocate
8/7/07 9:27:59PM
i'd say top 3 at this point....still has some major fights out there to claim top spot ie.silva/ lindland/ kang/ franklin....lindland is somewhat of of a mystery at this stage w/ no contract and his weight jumping....he has already stated that he does not see a fight w/ silva in the future as they are friends and training partners...has ties to kang via ATT(also no contract).....which leaves franklin and based on paulo's positioning in the WEC makes it unlikely as well w/ franklin being a ufc top dog, the ufc is not gonna send franklin to the WEC...he'll have to lose his way there....Paulo is in a precarious position right now...not likely to convince anyone anytime soon of his ranking status as he needs to fight the major forces....look for his ranking to slip unless he changes his approach...he's definitely a force to be wreckoned with.

I heard Paulo looked sloppy in his WEC debut...True?....I unfortunately didn't get to see the fight.
kopower
8/7/07 9:42:30PM
He looked a bit sloppy but I think a lot to do with that was nerves. Seems like everyone's first fight in a new organization does that. Doerkson isn't too much of a slouch either.
ordean
8/8/07 12:07:46PM
Top 5.

I can see him getting knocked down a few spots if he does fight in the UFC though. His fight against joe was not too impressive.
wilwith1l
8/8/07 12:48:14PM

Posted by ordean

Top 5.

I can see him getting knocked down a few spots if he does fight in the UFC though. His fight against joe was not too impressive.

I thought he was impressive. Joe is no slouch. It was cool to see him leather up like that.
TOMMYAYO05
8/9/07 1:07:00AM

Posted by kopower

He looked a bit sloppy but I think a lot to do with that was nerves. Seems like everyone's first fight in a new organization does that. Doerkson isn't too much of a slouch either.

I totally agree man i think it would go silva at #1 and franklin and fllho tied for the #2 spot