UFC 89: PAUL TAYLOR WANTS WAR WITH CHRIS LYTLE

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 89: PAUL TAYLOR WANTS WAR WITH CHRIS LYTLE
MMAcca
10/18/08 2:19:37AM
BIRMINGHAM, England – MMAWeekly.com caught up with a surprisingly chilled Paul Taylor on the eve of his encounter with tough MMA veteran Chris Lytle at UFC 89. For the Briton this fight is business like any other and he knows that Lytle has the same mindset. They are both hard chargers who love to throw leather, both have seen their fare shares of wars, and that’s what he is banking on.

“I am really looking forward to this fight with Chris. I respect him, he’s a great fighter, but I want a war. I don’t like to go out there and have a quick fight. Win, lose or draw I want to feel like I have been in war at the end of it,” he stated emphatically.

For many in the U.K., Taylor has been a staple of the welterweight division since joining the promotion, but things may not always stay that way. He sees this fight as being a benchmark for himself and the results will dictate if he makes a move to the 155-pound division or continues campaigning at 170 pounds. “I feel comfortable at 170, but if I get my arse handed to me I may consider the cut to 155. It all depends on how I show, but ultimately it’s a mixed bag. I am probably one of the tall guys in this division, but I am not necessarily a big guy here. My body type prevents that as I find it hard to pack on the muscle. This means I compensate on technical ability, speed, and movement.”

LINK
GraMMA
10/18/08 10:58:09AM
I'm picking Taylor for the upset here so war or no I just hope he wins.Lytle is one of my favs so I don't like to root against him but just have a feeling Taylor will take this one.