no 33% (16)
too drunk to tell 8% (4)
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
10/18/08 7:32:36PM
Anyone else think he won?
juanez13
10/18/08 7:37:36PM
No. Lol.

Lytle controlled most of the fight with the clinch, and had effective dirty boxing. And while they had distance, although taylor did a bit better, it wasnt big enough to take the fight from lytle. Not to mention Lytle landed some heavy shots of his own.
tuvok500
10/18/08 7:41:24PM
i think Lytle won , he landed more power shots and even if he was clearly gassing he kept his composure to avoid the power shot of Taylor.

I thought Lytle was going to take Taylor down and win an easy UD but the guy wanted to swing for the fans , i hate when guys decide to do that, it make the pre fight analyze completely off.

AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
10/18/08 7:41:36PM
I even picked lytle to win , however i genuinely thought he lost .
cmill21
10/18/08 7:41:47PM
Definitly thought Lytle won.
Wolfenstein
10/18/08 7:47:43PM
I felt Lytle won 29-28.

Lytle was landing bombs every round and hurt Kelly quite a few times. I think twards the end Kelly was starting to turn the tide, but throughout the fight he was pressed up against the cage taking big body shots and in the center Chris got the better of the exchanges.

Kelly landed a lot of effective strikes to. It seemed like e was missng a lot early on though. If this were a five round fight I think Kelly would have won because Chris was running on fumes at the end. Since it's a three round fight though I think Chris did enough to win.
Aaronno9
10/18/08 7:57:45PM
Paul should be proud of his performance tonight, he did really well imo. I would of had no complaints if either fighter won, although at the end i did think taylor was going to get the SD. I think alot of people thought Lytle would run through paul and it just didnt happen.

I think lytles clinching and dirty boxing against the fence won him the fight.

copcopps
10/18/08 8:19:49PM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA

I even picked lytle to win , however i genuinely thought he lost .

Same here.
Porch28
10/18/08 9:05:21PM
How have you all got to see the fight already
tuvok500
10/18/08 9:27:14PM

Posted by Porch28

It was live a 3pm on sportsnet in Canada and was also streamed on mma-tv like always.

Porch28
10/18/08 10:19:49PM

Posted by tuvok500

Posted by Porch28

It was live a 3pm on sportsnet in Canada and was also streamed on mma-tv like always.

MMAcca
10/19/08 4:32:44AM
Lytle definately won, although he was very gassed at the end.
haggiswashere
10/19/08 4:36:27AM
i think lytle won. but i am glad to see no one was too drunk to enjoy the ufc as of now!!
telnights
10/19/08 5:51:01AM
Lytle clearly won that fight....
Gipper
10/19/08 7:16:18AM
great fight. lytle won.
dannyfrank
10/19/08 8:40:18AM
at first i thought that taylor won, but i thought about it and realized that lytle got 3 takedowns and was layin down some heavy punches the whole fight. the only reason he looked like he lost was because he was just so exhausted by the end of the fight as taylor seemed perfectly fine
Matimus
10/19/08 9:27:34AM
taylor won the last 7 seconds.
Rush
10/19/08 9:46:21AM
I called the fight 29-28 UD for Lytle (before the official result)

IMO, this was a really sloppy fight and was appalled when Rogan was giving it props. Let's all give props to a technically sloppy fight
cowcatcher
10/19/08 10:07:01AM

Posted by Rush

IMO, this was a really sloppy fight and was appalled when Rogan was giving it props. Let's all give props to a technically sloppy fight

griffin bonnar came to mind as i watched it, and just because it got sloppy takes nothing away from it IMO. i dont need to have every fight be two guys crisply striking and showing great scrambles, if two guys are out there and lay it all on the line like these two did thats about as good as it gets in this sport. just because we are die hard fans of the sport, i dont think the fights that make the casual viewer excited should make us any less so.

i wouldnt have been up in arms if it went the other way, both guys were just unloading the whole time. i thought lytle did enough to win, but i wouldnt have been surprised if taylor stole it somehow at the end(rememeber bisping hammill, the judges tend to like hometown boys). great fight, was really fun to watch, especially since i had a few people there that dont watch mma, and both guys are going to be sore as HELL today.
Rush
10/19/08 10:19:41AM
MAybe I was more disappointed in the fact that Lytle gave a performance less than I expected of him.

About the sloppy style. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. The UFC claims to have the best fighters in the world, but IMO, the best fighters should not be throwing pillow punches the whole fight.
cowcatcher
10/19/08 10:20:49AM
dont get me wrong, i see your point and its truly valid, but as long as im entertained by it i cant really complain.
stock
10/19/08 10:46:39AM
In a fight that close, I don't think anyone can get "F**KED".
It was definitely close, but I did score it 29-28 Lytle.
MMAcca
10/19/08 11:35:11AM

Posted by Rush

I agree that Lytle was extremely sloppy, but not Taylor. I thought Taylor looked good and he showed he can take a shot last night.

Lytle however, i was very disapointed with. He was throwing punches like a little girl, he couldn't seem to find any sort of consistency adn he gassed badly also.
jiujitsufreak74
10/19/08 1:27:19PM

Posted by Rush

MAybe I was more disappointed in the fact that Lytle gave a performance less than I expected of him.

About the sloppy style. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. The UFC claims to have the best fighters in the world, but IMO, the best fighters should not be throwing pillow punches the whole fight.

Rush, i have to 1,000% disagree with you on this one. this fight had me at the edge of my seat the whole time. both warriors were exchanging combinations at such a rapid pace and i had no idea the human head could absorb that many blows. i really didn't think it was sloppy either; Taylor was still using technical Kickboxing strikes and even the ground battles had a lot of technical sweeps and position change. Lytle was swinging rather wold, i'll give you that. but, i just absolutely loved this fight. they were both fighting at a high pace for 3, 5 minute rounds and at no point did i say they were punch drunk. a sloppy fight imo would be Ninja vs Benji, and to me this was completely different.
jae_1833
10/19/08 3:29:40PM
Lytle won the first two rounds, they were close for sure, but I would have to go with the consensus here and judged it 29-28 in favor of Lytle myself. Taylor put on one hell of a fight though and should be proud of his performance, he's mad a fan out of me. I can't wait for the Lytle Davis fight though....UFC HAS to put that fight together!!!