Paul "Semtex" Daley to defend at Cage Rage 26

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Paul "Semtex" Daley to defend at Cage Rage 26
CornishMMA
3/20/08 6:46:05AM
Two fighters seem to command a majority of the British public’s attention these days. One is Michael Bisping, the light heavyweight winner on season three of “The Ultimate Fighter” reality series. The other is Cage Rage world welterweight champion Paul Daley.

Though Daley (17-6-2) recently announced his plans to retire, he will not hang up his gloves before he defends his Cage Rage title at least one more time. The Team Rough House fighter has confirmed he will compete at Cage Rage 26 “Extreme” on Saturday, May 10 at the NEC Arena in Birmingham, England.

“I’ll be defending my world title belt on May10 at Cage Rage,” Daley said. “No opponent has been confirmed yet.”

LINK
CornishMMA
3/20/08 6:48:19AM
Hopefully he gets hit in the head hard enough for him to check his f***ing brain and carry on fighting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be seriously pisssed off if the BEST BRITISH FIGHTER retires in his prime for no apparent reason
babalu2720
3/20/08 10:15:56AM
Ya this is confusing, but this news is better news than no news, hopefully this is not his last fight, but he has loads of potential, and I agree Cornish he needs to get his head out of his ass, because thousands of MMA fighters would kill to have his talent and be in his situation.
CornishMMA
3/20/08 10:30:43AM

Posted by babalu2720

Ya this is confusing, but this news is better news than no news, hopefully this is not his last fight, but he has loads of potential, and I agree Cornish he needs to get his head out of his ass, because thousands of MMA fighters would kill to have his talent and be in his situation.

Exactly bro

This isnt really new news as such cos back when he announced his retirement i do remember reading that he would still fight once or twice more and honour his contracts

The hope is that he sorts out whatever it was that made him want to quit, lets hope he has a really good fight so he falls back in love with the sport