Paul Kelly warns Junie Browning: “I’ll turn your hair red”

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Paul Kelly warns Junie Browning: “I’ll turn your hair red”
Wolfenstein
4/8/09 12:21:04PM
“I don’t care he lost by guillotine because so have I, it means ****. I just wanna fight him because he’s pissed me off”

“I’ll kick his ass anywhere and everywhere and make his hair turn red.”

link
fizzle
4/8/09 12:42:39PM
Junie has done something rather clever here. By polarizing himself to such a degree and getting under so many people's skin, they have to keep him around because all these fighters are pissed off at him and want to fight him to "settle up". It keeps Junie in the octagon, win or lose. I'm not saying I like Junie, but more and more i see him as playing a character and not actually that unbalanced. Kid's got issues but i think he plays those up to be a commodity so that people continually want to see if fight if only to watch him lose. Kelly by UD.
Drudinh
4/8/09 12:53:21PM
I don't know. this isn't the WWE where everything is centered around talk and a soap drama. You gotta back up with some wins otherwise it means no more contracts. I see junie getting ko'd before the 3rd by kelly though
KaibaThedon
4/8/09 1:11:46PM
at least if they give him this fight, junie gets someone he can beat.
chickmagnet
4/8/09 1:22:24PM
Kelly by Brutal KO in round 1
sparky
4/8/09 1:25:55PM
Paul Kelly doesnt have a threatening jits game so I feel like this a better match up for Junie the Cole was. I think this makes for an interesting match up and im not positive on who I want to take yet!!!!!!!
MFOTHER
4/8/09 1:39:40PM

Posted by KaibaThedon

how?
manalito
4/8/09 1:44:23PM

Posted by MFOTHER

Posted by KaibaThedon

how?

my sentiments exactly. How the hell can Junie beat Kelly??? Kelly will knock the block off of junie and cut his career in the UFC very short.
Aaronno9
4/8/09 1:52:54PM
Kelly will destory Junie. Hes probably better in every area. I think once Junie takes some big body shots he'll do what he normally does and give up, getting tko'd in the process.
Pskinner_mma314
4/8/09 1:57:49PM

Posted by chickmagnet

Kelly by Brutal KO in round 1

took the words right outta my mouth
Twenty20Dollars
4/8/09 2:07:14PM
reminds me of the one fight where joe stevenson's hair turned from blonde to red.

Against Neer wasnt it?

Anyways, kelly and junie wont fight. Unless kelly loses and junie wins.
wiggum
4/8/09 2:30:03PM
wow.....why is kelly so hyped in here? I agree that he'll beat junie, quite easily actually....but logic tells me that it isnt gonna be the beatdown that everybody thinks.....junie has the better striking, were has kelly never really been a good striker but more of a brawler...against the stylings of junie, hes gonna get picked apart if he keeps it on the feet....plus kelly doesnt really have the power that everybody for some reason everyone thinks he does (when has he ever shown it?), then again junie doenst have the power to put kellys lights out either...kellys chin is tough, but junies is too from what weve seen...bjj goes to junie, despite past fights, but against kelly, his bjj isnt gonna do anything......wrestling is were this fight comes down to, junie has good wrestling but not enough experience using it in mma, were as kelly has good wrestling and uses it really well in the ufc.....i see kelly winning by working on top position for the majority of the fight to win a unanimous decision or 3rd tko
chitownsfinest15
4/8/09 2:31:48PM
Junie looks like he going to turn into the Jason Guida of the UFC...being a stepping stone for everyone...
1daveufc
4/8/09 2:55:58PM

Posted by KaibaThedon

Have you been drinking mate no way is he going to beat him. Al take kelly by round 1 ko/tko
cloppio
4/8/09 4:02:34PM

Posted by manalito

Posted by MFOTHER

Posted by KaibaThedon

how?

my sentiments exactly. How the hell can Junie beat Kelly??? Kelly will knock the block off of junie and cut his career in the UFC very short.

no doubt, junie has no shot in this one. i look for him to be booted from the ufc with in the year.
Wallass
4/8/09 4:40:57PM
Kelly is a machine and Kaiba I know your wrong man and we`ll see when they fight.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
4/8/09 4:41:06PM
when is this fight happening anyways???? Kelly is fighting Delgado in june basically this drama has to continue for at least a few more months
supatolacyl
4/8/09 4:57:15PM
If Junie couldn't put down Kaplan he has no chance in striking with Kelly, simple as that.
yole10
4/8/09 5:17:43PM
Isnt kelly 170?
Red-Dragon
4/8/09 5:55:54PM

Posted by wiggum

wow.....why is kelly so hyped in here? I agree that he'll beat junie, quite easily actually....but logic tells me that it isnt gonna be the beatdown that everybody thinks.....junie has the better striking, were has kelly never really been a good striker but more of a brawler...against the stylings of junie, hes gonna get picked apart if he keeps it on the feet....plus kelly doesnt really have the power that everybody for some reason everyone thinks he does (when has he ever shown it?), then again junie doenst have the power to put kellys lights out either...kellys chin is tough, but junies is too from what weve seen...bjj goes to junie, despite past fights, but against kelly, his bjj isnt gonna do anything......wrestling is were this fight comes down to, junie has good wrestling but not enough experience using it in mma, were as kelly has good wrestling and uses it really well in the ufc.....i see kelly winning by working on top position for the majority of the fight to win a unanimous decision or 3rd tko

Junie has better striking?? I dont think I have ever seen Junie strike well.
Red-Dragon
4/8/09 5:57:26PM

Posted by yole10

Isnt kelly 170?

He was... He is dropping to 155, a much better weight class for him IMO.
LakieMan
4/8/09 6:44:51PM
Paul Kelly, by a nasty KO, that retires Browning!!LOL
Pookie
4/8/09 7:04:29PM
Kelly by late tko or UD

Kellys power is a bit overrated in my opinion.
bls1919
4/8/09 8:46:21PM
Not sure if Junie has legitemitly pissed off Paul or Kelly is playing his contract beautifly. When he crushes Roli , maybe the UFC will throw him a bone and let him obliterate Junie or not. I think Kelly takes the fight all day, and think he is playing his way into making a documented path into the UFC LW top ranks. He is an exciting fighter and someone needs to feel his wrath, might as well be Junie.
Aaronno9
4/9/09 4:26:02AM
Lol @ whoever thinks Junie has better striking. Hes never done anything to show me hes got good hands, whereas Kellys boxing is looking better and better everytime he fights. I think the reason his power never looks that good is becouse hes always been fighting gamers. I mean, apart from the guys hes knocked out in the 1st/2nd round before he got to the UFC, hes fought Davies whos only tko loss came from a cut, Troy, whos never been ko'd, although hes only had 5 fights, and Taylor, whos also never been Ko'd (Depsite what his sherdog record says, the Paul Taylor who actually took the loss thats on his record is a huge HW lol).

Also, I think the reason this started was Junie apparantly did an interview where he said he'd like to fight kelly becouse he sucks and he could beat him easy. Or something along those lines. Paul sent Junie a message telling him to watch his mouth and if he had an issue with Paul they could sort it in the cage, and Junie replied basically saying he didnt no who Paul was and he'd never heard of him.
Ben99901
4/9/09 11:08:30AM
Paul Kelly Has a chance,
War Team Redneck, junie Browning by Sub or TKO in the 2nd
wiggum
4/9/09 11:47:17AM

Posted by Red-Dragon

Posted by wiggum

Junie has better striking?? I dont think I have ever seen Junie strike well.

junies striking isnt top notch, im not saying that...im refering to paul kelly having terrible technical standup....hes a brawler...were as junie is more technical than him...im not saying hes the greatest ever, but styles make fights and in this fight kelly would have to improve greatly to outstrike junie on technical basis....i also doubt its gonna come down to striking anyways so who cares anyways