Paul Kelly Moving From Welterweight To Lightweight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Paul Kelly Moving From Welterweight To Lightweight
DCRage
2/26/09 10:58:35AM
Following through on plans to leave the Welterweight division "on a winning note", UFC fighter Paul Kelly has announced he will be dropping to Lightweight for his next fight. Kelly, 2-1 in UFC so far, also plans to sign a new deal with UFC before his next fight.

Article
Twenty20Dollars
2/26/09 11:00:44AM
This should be a good move for Kelly.
Aaronno9
2/26/09 11:02:19AM
Good call. Be interesting to see how he deals with all the wrestlers down there.
emac_cleary
2/26/09 11:12:18AM
he says in the article that everyone in the gym struggle to keep him on his back, wonder if he includes rampage in that. im not convinced and agree he may struggle with all the pure wrestlers in the lw division
wiggum
2/26/09 11:24:53AM
i think given his age and already impressive skill set for such a short career, that this guy could be a huge force at 155.....im not saying champ someday, but i see him having a joe stevenson type career.......good move
MMAcca
2/26/09 1:02:32PM
I don't think it's a given that Kelly will get a new deal with the UFC.

Especially since he's announced his move down to LW, where a strong wrestler lurks at pretty much every turn.
theguido
2/26/09 1:27:49PM

Posted by MMAcca

I don't think it's a given that Kelly will get a new deal with the UFC.

Especially since he's announced his move down to LW, where a strong wrestler lurks at pretty much every turn.