Paul Buentello vs. Gilbert Yvel set for "Affliction: Trilogy," Brett Cooper scratched from card

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Paul Buentello vs. Gilbert Yvel set for "Affliction: Trilogy," Brett Cooper scratched from card
whardin19
6/29/09 4:10:09PM
What a fight they set up for Affliction: Trilogy!!! Buentello vs. Yvel is going to be a WAR!!! Great matchup neither of these guys will be taking the fight to the ground!!!

LINK
Wolfenstein
6/29/09 4:15:09PM
I actually think Paul is going to look to take this fight to the ground, but I hope not. If it stays standing--I don't think there's a HW that can compete with Gilbert in the standup. I'm really excited for this matchup, so much so that I may have to bring my Gilbert Yvel avatar back. War Yvel!
whardin19
6/29/09 4:20:37PM
You might be right, but Rizzo tried to hold him down in there fight this past weekend and Yvel got right back up. So I think in all this will be a stand up war. Hopefully!
loller90278
6/29/09 5:49:14PM
Buentello: "I havn't tried to take anyone down for 10 years and im not about to start now"
Mayhem13
6/29/09 6:15:07PM
This will be a great fight, but I think Yvel will get the KO in the second...by head kick, and some ground and pound to finish it up.

And shitty about Cooper being scratched from the card....he got caught with a shot and lost...but he's tough, and hits hard....always makes it a fight....and unless its because of a medical suspension, I don't like that move.
Twenty20Dollars
6/29/09 7:49:20PM
Im thinking Yvel will win, but Paul is a gamer and Yvel only has a month untill this fight.
sclasclemski
6/29/09 9:08:05PM
I like Gilbert in this one, as a matter of fact I"m beginning to like Gilbert in general...I was impressed with his fight against Barnett...he's a tough cookie and if he gets himself some ground training he could really climb the ladder
grappler0000
6/29/09 11:06:33PM

Posted by loller90278

Buentello: "I havn't tried to take anyone down for 10 years and im not about to start now"

Famous last words
lohmann
6/30/09 1:05:58AM
If Buentello wants to keep this fight standing, he's going to die. Yvel's ground game may be subpar, but he looked good getting out from under Rizzo. Maybe he learned something from the Barnett fight, because if he didn't, Buentello will probably try to repeat.
Kpro
6/30/09 3:21:05AM
an Yvel win is a UFC contract, especially with him saying that is what he wants.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the year end UFC card.
whardin19
6/30/09 2:01:48PM
The more I think about this fight the more excited I get.

WAR GILBERT YVEL!!!