Patrick Willis in the Octagon?!?!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Patrick Willis in the Octagon?!?!
matt_fromm
7/28/09 7:38:03PM
Patrick Willis takes up MMA!!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/07/28/patrick-willis-takes-up-mma/

nickcuc547
7/28/09 8:06:41PM
lets be honest, a guy like that would be a force, a superior athlete and a powerhouse. but he is ridiculous at football so i'm not holding my breath.
DevonFoxy
7/29/09 4:41:04PM
This is great! I'm a die hard 49ers fan so I'm glad Willis is training his body like this. I believe this will only help him be a better football player and think this is a trend that we will see happen alot more. I just wish the entire defense of the 49ers would do it and then mebbe we could not be so horrible on the defensive side of the ball.
hippysmacker
7/29/09 4:56:38PM
Quite a few NFL guys train MMA nowadays, with Jared Allen being the most well known I can think of.
DevonFoxy
7/29/09 5:06:13PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Quite a few NFL guys train MMA nowadays, with Jared Allen being the most well known I can think of.

And hopefully this trend continues, it can only help the sport of MMA in my opinion as I have encountered many people who have not seen that many fights and think the athletes we posses and I quote "couldn't run 3 miles without dying". Which we know is ridiculous because MMA fighters are some of the most well trained and conditioned athletes in the world if not the best.

I really feel this is a big story because it brings far more credibility to the sport then I think some may realize.