Patrick Schultz is out of line

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Patrick Schultz is out of line
ufc88
5/14/08 11:51:20PM
who the **** talks shit to forrest griffin after not even making it onto Tuf and then losing. im sorry but shultz talking to Forrest telling him he cant wait until he fights rampage is an absolute joke to me.

forrest should have dropped him like a sack of potatoes
holt8081
5/15/08 12:25:23AM
the fight was crap, for two guys who are stand up fighters they both had very bad stand up it was WAY sloppy.
Mayhem13
5/15/08 12:57:54AM
it was a very sloppy fight, but I got to admit..the sloppy ones are fun to watch every now and then..

(also agree it should have went to a 3rd)

but yeah running his mouth at Forrest was pretty stupid...
gravy13
5/15/08 2:21:19AM
I think he was more or less just frustrated with his poor showing. What was up with those body shots?! That was pretty ridiculous for him to say that to Forrest. The look on Forrest's face was pretty funny though. Like, "Are you ******* kidding me?!" and then he spits on the ground.

Btw, there should have been no discussion of a third round, IMO.
Pookie
5/15/08 2:28:42AM
Schultz arguably won the first round 10-9

but cale DID win the second round 10-8

ocho-cinco
5/15/08 2:38:18AM

Posted by ufc88

who the **** talks shit to forrest griffin after not even making it onto Tuf and then losing. im sorry but shultz talking to Forrest telling him he cant wait until he fights rampage is an absolute joke to me.

forrest should have dropped him like a sack of potatoes

I know it's kinda fighter bashing, but I have to agree here. We shouldn't disrespect fighters in a sport that takes so much guts, by talking shit about them when we're sitting at home in a computer chair. But when Forrest Griffen is disrespected by Patrick Schultz.... then I think he should be ready to take some abuse from the fans. Forrest seems like one of the classiest guys in the sport, and Schultz talks smack like that?? Thats some BS
bullettdodger
5/15/08 2:39:01AM
I agree with Pookie, and to also address Schultz. He may be a fighter, but he has no business being so disrespectful to a coach and fellow fighter... he should really be glad to be in the same room as Forrest, he didn't want to go to a third with Cale anyway...
babytater03
5/15/08 7:12:41AM

Posted by bullettdodger

...he didn't want to go to a third with Cale anyway...

That's exactly why he said that to Forrest.

AchillesHeel
5/15/08 11:12:17AM
I wasn't thinking that he was out of line, so much as his comment was out of nowhere. I wonder if there was something else going on that we didn't see in the show..? Or maybe Schultz didn't mean it in an angry way, and it just came out wrong. I mean, I think a lot of us probably can't wait to see that fight, but in a good way...

I thought it was weird, but not necessarily rude. Forrest's reaction was perfect, imo - "...the Hell?"
mrsmiley
5/15/08 11:28:37AM

Posted by AchillesHeel

I wasn't thinking that he was out of line, so much as his comment was out of nowhere. I wonder if there was something else going on that we didn't see in the show..? Or maybe Schultz didn't mean it in an angry way, and it just came out wrong. I mean, I think a lot of us probably can't wait to see that fight, but in a good way...

I thought it was weird, but not necessarily rude. Forrest's reaction was perfect, imo - "...the Hell?"

That's a good point.A lot of the time,tv shows are edited in a tricky way to make us believe an event happened one way,when it really could have went down entirely different.I watched something on that a while back,and it was interesting how things can seem totaly different on camera.But I thought it was crazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy he said that to Forrest.He's lucky he was even standing in that cage,considering he already left once.
JoeySteel
5/15/08 11:45:31AM
Amen, he did not want a third round. And wanted Forrest to stop calling for a third rd.

By the way, do you think Mass. realizes when such a HUGE douche bag like Schultz goes missing? Or do you think people can't tell one douchebag from another there and the beat goes on?

Where did Dana find this dude? Did they have a Departed extras reunion party? Jesus, Shultz makes TUF almost unwatchable.

For real while I think his punches were solid and his stand up was tearing Cale apart, those ppunches wer silly, Cale coulda put a knee up and PS would a ran into that shit, or leaned into it. Silly douch bag.

Aaronno9
5/15/08 12:17:52PM
I doubt Schultz will ever get to fight in the octagon. To say hes supposedly a thai boxing expert, his striking looks like shit to me. I dont know how he managed to get the knockdown tbh, his power looked like it was non existent. He has no takedown defence to speak of, and it looked like he didnt have any ground game either. I mean, Forrest was talking before that fight about how Cale had no ground game at all, but he still managed to control schultz for a round and a half.

When he said i cant wait to see your fight with rampage or whatever, if i where forrest id just be thinking, yeah, i cant wait to get a shot at the title in the most stacked division in the biggest mma org in the world, its just a pitty you'll never have the same experience.

Forrest is a classy guy though, he must of been biting his tounge getting talked down to be some d level fighter, then when rampage was talking a little smack as well. Props to Forrest.

By the way, at the end of the episode when it showed sombody smashing up the room or whatever, was that forrest or rampage? i assumed rampage but on the next time bit forrest seemed to be going ape shit to.
teddythetuna
5/15/08 12:41:49PM
its forrest smashing something. i think for shultz to disrespect like that was uncalled for. as we all know there could come a time when a couch from the opposing team could be in your corner so to act like that is not smart. probably wont happen in this case but forrest doesnt deserve comments like that.
emfleek
5/15/08 1:49:13PM
I thought it was a bitch move. He knows Forrest could never do anything about it because they'd never fight each other.

Now, had he said something along the lines of, "I'd love to get in the octagon with you" or "I'd love to whoop your ass," I would've been fine with it because at least he's being a semi-man about it. We all know it wouldn't happen, but at least he's showing some balls by saying it.

But to say, "I can't wait until you fight Rampage" was pathetic. Saying he can't wait until person A gets beat up by person B when he, himself, is a fighter...well, it's just downright laughable.

It's basically the same as saying, "My dad can beat up your dad."
papercut
5/15/08 2:06:23PM
its also stupid on his part because he has now lost twice on that show... I hope no one gets injured on his team and he gets elected to get beaten for a third time
postman
5/15/08 6:15:22PM

Posted by Pookie

Unless a point was taken away no one ever gets a 10-8 round . other then the starnes fight.
chubbud22
5/15/08 7:10:19PM

Posted by papercut

its also stupid on his part because he has now lost twice on that show... I hope no one gets injured on his team and he gets elected to get beaten for a third time

That would be a new record.
DCRage
5/15/08 8:06:32PM

Posted by Pookie

Just watched the fight, that's how I saw it. However, I thought that perhaps 10-7 wouldn't have been a stretch either. I had it 19-18 Cale.
skinnator
5/15/08 11:43:25PM
one thing excitting about Schultz its his hair