Patrick Cote says "Silva crushes Sonnen this time around"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Patrick Cote says "Silva crushes Sonnen this time around"
Card
6/29/12 10:54:58AM
Patrick Cote talks to sportsnet.ca:

"Once you've shared an Octagon with UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, very little else scares you. On July 7 at UFC 148 I meet Cung Le, another fighter who, like Silva, is very unorthodox with his striking, but, having fought the best in the world, I hold no fear whatsoever.

It will be interesting to see how Sonnen approaches his rematch with Silva on July 7. Personally, I think Silva crushes Sonnen this time around. Unlike last time, he won't be surprised about the pace or strength of Sonnen, and we could be in for a classic Anderson Silva performance. I think he wins before the end of the third round, probably by knockout.

... Anderson is up for this fight and we know he's looking to make a statement. You don't want to annoy somebody like Anderson Silva and, unfortunately for Chael, I think that's exactly what he has done. This one could get ugly for Chael..."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/2012/06/28/ultimate_blogger_cote_anderson_silva/

prophecy033
6/29/12 12:16:53PM

And here comes Chael_Sonnen with some "easy win", "i want my steak....medium rare", or "placebo champ" blast
george112
6/29/12 12:28:39PM
It borderline annoys me the way people act like "annoying" Silva or "pissing him off" is going to unleash the wrath of god. Seriously the guy isn't god. He should already be annoyed from the last fight knowing he was damn close to losing his belt
lohmann
6/29/12 12:37:28PM

Posted by george112

It borderline annoys me the way people act like "annoying" Silva or "pissing him off" is going to unleash the wrath of god. Seriously the guy isn't god. He should already be annoyed from the last fight knowing he was damn close to losing his belt

Except:

"Anderson is just one big headache. He's like a puzzle. Saying that, though, I don't think he's invincible and, at some point, a fighter will come along and solve the riddle. I've got no doubt about that. I showed when I fought him that if you go in there unafraid and willing to take risks, you can put pressure on him and do well. Chael Sonnen did a great job for four rounds in 2010, as he too was unafraid and ready to take risks. If you go in scared against Anderson, you're only going to end up one way, and that's flat on your back."

More importantly, I really think Cote has all the right tools to bash up Cung Le.
george112
6/29/12 12:53:42PM

Posted by lohmann

Posted by george112

Except:

"Anderson is just one big headache. He's like a puzzle. Saying that, though, I don't think he's invincible and, at some point, a fighter will come along and solve the riddle. I've got no doubt about that. I showed when I fought him that if you go in there unafraid and willing to take risks, you can put pressure on him and do well. Chael Sonnen did a great job for four rounds in 2010, as he too was unafraid and ready to take risks. If you go in scared against Anderson, you're only going to end up one way, and that's flat on your back."

More importantly, I really think Cote has all the right tools to bash up Cung Le.

I didn't explicitly single out cote in my post

More importantly. I agree cote is gonna beat le
ghandikush
6/29/12 2:44:27PM

Posted by george112

Posted by lohmann

Posted by george112

Except:

I didn't explicitly single out cote in my post

More importantly. I agree cote is gonna be knocked out by le

frizzzlecake
6/29/12 2:53:07PM
Am I suppose to take this guy seriously? a man who lost to grappler Tom Lawlor?
prophecy033
6/29/12 2:56:32PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

I say that's up to each individual
meier
6/29/12 3:46:57PM
It doesnt matter who wins... because when zuluzinho drops to middleweight they'll both be apocalyptically destroyed!
Sir_Karl
6/29/12 3:48:27PM
Cote is my favorite. I am the world's biggest Cote fan. I hope he is wrong here though. I hope Sonnen finishes the job this time around. I think Cote is going to put Cung Le's lights out too. WAR COTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
prophecy033
6/29/12 3:56:21PM

Posted by meier

It doesnt matter who wins... because when zuluzinho drops to middleweight they'll both be apocalyptically destroyed!

Chael_Sonnen
6/29/12 4:22:01PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

I'll match your Tom Lawlor and hit you with Kendall Grove I mean if beatIng Mr. TUF is your highlight well, then....I'll leave it at that and let you kids fill in the rest.

I can't take a so-called "fighter" seriously when they sound like Pepe le pew and fight like....well.....Patty Coootaaay.
Goatenstein
6/29/12 4:22:47PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

You can tell me who to take seriously after you beat Cote or Lawlor.
LightsOUT23
6/29/12 5:06:40PM
I agree with Cote 100%. Chael is trash talking up the PPV numbers so he gets a bigger cut, probably gonna be his retirement fight. Last time they fought, Chael was juiced up on TRT and Silva was ill as hell carrying broken ribs etc.. This time round, Silva will embarrass Sonnen. Silva is healthy and ready to show why he is the best MW of all time !!!
machodog76
6/29/12 6:56:52PM

Posted by LightsOUT23

I agree with Cote 100%. Chael is trash talking up the PPV numbers so he gets a bigger cut, probably gonna be his retirement fight. Last time they fought, Chael was juiced up on TRT and Silva was ill as hell carrying broken ribs etc.. This time round, Silva will embarrass Sonnen. Silva is healthy and ready to show why he is the best MW of all time !!!

infestructure
6/29/12 9:15:31PM

Posted by george112

\

If anything Silva might fight worse now he is angry.
Chael_Sonnen
6/29/12 11:03:36PM

Posted by infestructure

Posted by george112

\

If anything Silva might fight worse now he is angry.

Fight worse? I agree, he will, his TDD is as horrible as his fake personality......G'DAY MATE.
MALICE
6/29/12 11:45:45PM

Posted by Sir_Karl

Cote is my favorite. I am the world's biggest Cote fan. I hope he is wrong here though. I hope Sonnen finishes the job this time around. I think Cote is going to put Cung Le's lights out too. WAR COTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't really followed Cote since he left the UFC, so I had to look up his record. He hasn't exactly been facing tough competition lately. Le hasn't exactly looked spectacular lately either, however, despite losing, Le was effective against W. Silva. I'm leaning towards Le on this one.
Cooler
6/30/12 1:18:07AM
Silva and Cote both get TKO wins
frizzzlecake
6/30/12 4:04:00AM

Posted by Goatenstein

Posted by frizzzlecake

You can tell me who to take seriously after you beat Cote or Lawlor.

You can tell me who to question, after you answer all my questions...