Patrick Cote vs. Ricardo Almeida UFC 86 fight slated for July

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Patrick Cote vs. Ricardo Almeida UFC 86 fight slated for July
Next Page »
ChokeUout
3/25/08 12:50:31AM
Patrick Cote (12-4) and Ricardo Almeida (9-2) are penciled in to hook ‘em up in a middleweight tilt at UFC 86 on Saturday, July 5 in Las Vegas, Nevada, according to FightNetwork.com.

“The Predator” has won his last three bouts after dropping his first four contests with the promotion. He’s looked impressive in his last two outings, taking out Drew McFedries and Kendall Grove with strikes.

However, Cote will be fortunate if he can keep this fight upright. That’s because Almeida is a very talented Brazilian jiu-jitsu player under Renzo Gracie.

Dig in, Kiddies
wolfman
3/25/08 12:57:08AM
Cool, that's definitely an interesting match up. Almeida will obviously want the fight on the mat, whereas Cote will want to stand and bang. Should be a good test....for both fighters.

Dig in, Kiddies --- Hmmm....Reminds me of the Crypt Keeper. One of my favorite tv shows.. Sorry, just came to mind....
Kpro
3/25/08 1:03:38AM
Am I forgetting some deserving MW's or does that sound like a #1 contender fight to anyone else also ?
wolfman
3/25/08 1:12:15AM

Posted by Kpro

Am I forgetting some deserving MW's or does that sound like a #1 contender fight to anyone else also ?

Deserving MW's, could be considered an oxymoron when you look at the UFC's MW division. In all seriousness though, you may be on to something. As it does appear to look that way. However, Okami is definitely deserving of a titleshot imo.
Pookie
3/25/08 1:29:17AM
Almeida
WhiteWidow
3/25/08 1:49:33AM
if cote wins i think he'll still need one more win but if almeida wins and i think he will similar to how lutter beat cote he might get the 2nd shot at anderson after he destroys okami again, i would really like to see cote win but its not lookin good for him, i hope he takes a different fight, almeida in the 1st or 2nd sub or decision
chubbud22
3/25/08 2:10:52AM
I have been impressed by Cote lately I hope he can pull this one out, but I have doubts

Hows the fighting going Widow?
WhiteWidow
3/25/08 2:17:21AM

Posted by chubbud22

I have been impressed by Cote lately I hope he can pull this one out, but I have doubts

taking a break right now... or is that sarcasm? where did that come from?
wolfman
3/25/08 2:20:07AM

Posted by WhiteWidow

Posted by chubbud22

I guess it's late, and the crazies are out....myself included.
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
3/25/08 2:23:03AM
Poor decision by Cote...UFC gave him a chance to fight Belcher in his home town...a fight he could have easily won. He, turned it down...now he has an 80% chance of being submitted by Almeida. tisk, tsik
WhiteWidow
3/25/08 2:24:20AM

Posted by F--K_Luck_AuH2O

Poor decision by Cote...UFC gave him a chance to fight Belcher in his home town...a fight he could have easily won. He, turned it down...now he has an 80% chance of being submitted by Almeida. tisk, tsik

wrong, belcher got sick and pulled out, cote wanted to fight
chubbud22
3/25/08 2:47:05AM

Posted by WhiteWidow

Posted by chubbud22

Why would it be sarcasm? I just wanted to know how the transition to MMA is going man no need to get paranoid; I don't care if people don't believe you. You say you are a fighter, so I will give you the benefit of the dought.
WhiteWidow
3/25/08 3:06:57AM

Posted by chubbud22

Posted by WhiteWidow

Posted by chubbud22

Why would it be sarcasm? I just wanted to know how the transition to MMA is going man no need to get paranoid; I don't care if people don't believe you. You say you are a fighter, so I will give you the benefit of the dought.

lol, well everybody was giving me a hard time i just thought it was another person "trying" to bring me down, my bad
CornishMMA
3/25/08 7:57:00AM

Posted by WhiteWidow

wrong, cote slipped on ice and messed his knee up and pulled out, but yeah he wanted to fight in his home country for sure, also Lutter didnt get the title shot just cos he beat Cote, that was the tuf4 title shot, i dont see them giving Almeida a title shot if he beats Cote but maybe they should, if Leites beats Marqaudt at UFC 85 he deserves the shot but the timing aint great there
mrliquid
3/25/08 8:30:27AM
Nice fight ive always liked watching Cote fight and like him even more for knocking out Kendall but Ricardo is one of my fav fighters and I think he'll sub Cote late in the 2nd
xchickox
3/25/08 8:32:51AM
This could be a war, almeida looked slick in his last fight so i think he can take this one by 2nd rd sub
Aaronno9
3/25/08 9:19:27AM
It just depends it cote catches Ricardo before it goes to the ground, becouse unless cote has seriously worked on his ground game he'll get subbed straight away. Ill be rooting for the predator though, if he comes out swinging hes bound to catch Ricardo at some point.
Rush
3/25/08 9:24:21AM
This fight hinges on whether Côté can defend the take down. In his fight with Kendall, he looked good in the clinch. However, in TUF and the finale, his ground game looked like it needed a lot of work. Right, now I see this fight going the way of Almeida, but if Côté can defend the takedown, I see him getting the W.
pv3Hpv3p
3/25/08 9:28:53AM
I know Almeida has pretty slick jits, but can someone out there remind me how his TD's are???

I've been pulling for Cote ever since he took the Tito fight on short notice, and have been really happy to see him finally winning in the octagon... But this is traditionally a bad style matchup for him...

Really hope Cote can keep it standing for long enough to get another KO
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
3/25/08 9:38:56AM

Posted by WhiteWidow

No, Belcher got sick and pulled out of Almeida's fight.

Cote and Belcher was planned for the UFC 83 PPV, next month. Cote pulled out.
prozacnation1978
3/25/08 11:21:40AM
comeback fighter of the year, i hope cote wins,
MMA
3/25/08 3:00:16PM
Bad fight for Cote. Let's hope he trains some TDD with GSP because if this hits the ground, he's going to be in a world of trouble.
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/25/08 3:04:28PM
i like this. war cote!
WhiteWidow
3/25/08 5:53:23PM

Posted by WhiteWidow

No, Belcher got sick and pulled out of Almeida's fight.

Cote and Belcher was planned for the UFC 83 PPV, next month. Cote pulled out.

my bad i meant almeida, you were wrong first tho, belcher pulled out from sickness
cowcatcher
3/25/08 6:20:43PM
almaidas hands didnt look great in the half a minute or so his last fight was standing, but he is a wizard on the ground. thing is, he has to get close to what is a very confident cote right now and that might be really tough, especially with the long layoff between his last fight and the one before it(almost 4 years). almeida hasnt had to bang outside of sparring for a long long time and cote is going to make him have to show that he can take some damage if he wants to get inside for a takedown. right now i have a tough tough time calling this one.
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
3/25/08 6:21:23PM
No I wasn't. I never mentioned anything about Belcher or Almeida. I said that Cote was offered a fight with Belcher in his hometown (UFC 83), and that Cote pulled out.

What is wrong about that statement in anyway shape or form.
skinnator
3/25/08 10:10:07PM
I love Patrick but this time I think he is going to loose. Maybe by an early KO
NatedawgThaM
3/26/08 2:20:02AM
Cote will work his ground game and TDD so I think he can survive the first round if it hits the ground. Same with Almedia, he will be training his stand up as much as his takedowns so Cote won't completely own and catch him on the feet.

1st round, Cote will win on the feet but Almedia will do well not getting knocked down and out, then late in the round but too late he'll get Cote down and control him until the end of the round. Round 2 same thing except I see it hitting the ground quicker and Almedia pulling out a nice sub.

Should be a pretty good fight though.
gsquat
3/26/08 10:20:38AM
Almeida first round submission. He wont give Cote the chance to brawl. It'll be like the Lutter fight all over again.
tylerlee123
3/26/08 11:02:06AM
Im rooting for Cote but man Almeida looked good in his last perfomance i dont know if Cote can knock this guy out but if he does that would be sick
Pages: [1] 2