Patrick Cote: Fighting Anderson Silva a Complicated, Weird Experience

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Patrick Cote: Fighting Anderson Silva a Complicated, Weird Experience
Poor_Franklin
10/18/12 5:54:47AM
I enjoyed this read from Cote on what it's like to fight Anderson Silva

Sherdog

“It’s very complicated to fight this guy because you never know what’s going to happen or what he’s going to do,” Cote said. “We saw what he did Saturday night. Once again he did something new. He was staying against the fence and he was playing with Bonnar. Bonnar is no joke. Bonnar is a good fighter. He’s tough. He’s durable, and [Silva] was playing with him like a little kid.” Cote fought Silva in October 2008 at UFC 90. He made it into the third round before the fight was stopped when he tore his ACL. “It’s hard to explain how to fight him,” Cote said, “because if you go forward, he’s behind you. You try to hit him, and he’s not there. It’s very, very weird.”
bjj1605
10/18/12 9:35:58AM
Sounds like it sucks.

I'd love the chance to get my ass kicked by him in the gym though.
tcunningham
10/18/12 11:34:53AM
he truly is amazing on the feet. his speed advantage over bonnar war incredible. that being said, i think its time for somebody to KO silva
prophecy033
10/18/12 11:39:40AM
It sure was a weird complicated experience for Forrest
george112
10/18/12 11:42:42AM
Standing against the cage was new I guess. But that was only to bait Bonnar into punching first. Silva is a counter puncher and he played Bonnar like a damn fiddle. He did exactly what Silva wanted him to do. Sucks but it is what it is.
Poor_Franklin
10/18/12 3:57:55PM

Posted by tcunningham

i think its time for somebody to KO silva

if he keeps letting people hit him in the face w/ his hands down, it could very well happen sooner than most think
george112
10/18/12 4:12:09PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by tcunningham

if he keeps letting people hit him in the face w/ his hands down, it could very well happen sooner than most think

It's funny because Bonnar did tag him a few times and it wasn't till Bonnars combination was almost over that he would start that god awful bobbing shit. Totally making it LOOK like he had some sort of almighty evasive movements.

I'm ready for the KO
prozacnation1978
10/18/12 8:03:48PM
Watching you fight Silva live in Chicago was a complicated and weird experience. Still my worst live travel event

Getting lost. Having a rainy storm while I was there
Having a holiday inn employee steal my fight ticket in my room jusy to top it off with a main event which was lousy
Cherry on top was when cote blew out his knee. End of fight can't wait to get back to cali.
bjj1605
10/19/12 12:25:45AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Watching you fight Silva live in Chicago was a complicated and weird experience. Still my worst live travel event

Having a holiday inn employee steal my fight ticket in my room jusy to top it off with a main event which was lousy
Cherry on top was when cote blew out his knee. End of fight can't wait to get back to cali.

That event sucked for me as well. I live in the Chicago burbs (about an hour from the event). Me and my GF drove all the way down there and then realized we forgot the tickets.

Then we drove all the way home and got the tickets, only to realize that since we bought them on credit card, they would have been able to look it up.....
BigBadAl
10/19/12 5:53:56AM

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by prozacnation1978

That event sucked for me as well. I live in the Chicago burbs (about an hour from the event). Me and my GF drove all the way down there and then realized we forgot the tickets.

Then we drove all the way home and got the tickets, only to realize that since we bought them on credit card, they would have been able to look it up.....

Must have been something in the air that night.
State_Champ
10/19/12 7:30:59AM

Posted by george112

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by tcunningham

It's funny because Bonnar did tag him a few times and it wasn't till Bonnars combination was almost over that he would start that god awful bobbing shit. Totally making it LOOK like he had some sort of almighty evasive movements.

I'm ready for the KO

god awful bobbing shit?

Did you not see how effective it has been for Anderson?
He used it against Rich Franklin, Forrest Griffin, Stephan Bonnar, etc...

Am I misunderstanding what you're trying to say?