Patrick Cote vs. Alessio Sakara added to November's UFC 154 in Montreal

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Patrick Cote vs. Alessio Sakara added to November's UFC 154 in Montreal
BuffaloDave
8/31/12 2:24:33PM
A middleweight matchup between noted sluggers Patrick Cote (17-8 MMA, 4-8 UFC) and Alessio Sakara (15-9 MMA, 6-6 UFC) has been added to UFC 154.

UFC officials today announced the new matchup, which takes place on Nov. 17 at Montreal's Bell Centre.

LINK
JLS1980
8/31/12 2:44:04PM
I guess that will get rid of the rumored bout between Wanderlei Silva vs. Patrick Cote on the UFC on Fuel in Macau.
Chael_Sonnen
8/31/12 2:55:26PM
So long Patrick, it's been real
DrivenDavies15
8/31/12 2:56:54PM
I really like this fight. Both solid strikers and longtime UFC fighters. I thought they had met before but apparently not... War Cote!!!
FastKnockout
8/31/12 2:59:25PM
Cote KO/TKO
Budgellism
8/31/12 3:58:15PM
I wish the Wandy rumour never came out. Now I'm a little disappointed in a great fight.
Sir_Karl
8/31/12 5:53:20PM
WTF?????? They are my two favorite fighters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh man!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well at least my favorite fighter Cote is going to win this one. I see Sakara getting knocked out early in round 1. What a bummer.
BossHog
8/31/12 6:21:54PM
There was a time when I would have considered this a laughable fight for Cote...nowadays maybe he is a slight favorite but it's basically a pick 'em.

Crazy the number of careers that have come and gone with Anderson Silva at the helm.
Aether
8/31/12 7:56:30PM

Posted by BossHog

There was a time when I would have considered this a laughable fight for Cote...nowadays maybe he is a slight favorite but it's basically a pick 'em.

Crazy the number of careers that have come and gone with Anderson Silva at the helm.

Anderson didn't really do anything to Cote at all. If anything caused his career to decline, it was sitting on the sidelines with an injury from the bud light logo.
frizzzlecake
8/31/12 10:30:09PM
Cote via have head of steel, and Alessio having a chin made of wet paper bag.
prozacnation1978
8/31/12 11:24:28PM
Told u guys cote would be fighting in Montreal
Not too suprised its not wandy with his father dying in all he probably bowed out of the fight
airkerma
9/1/12 12:58:19PM
This could very well be a loser leaves town match. Cote has only lost one fight since his return, but back to back losses in your redemption debut rarely bodes well.
On another note, I was rolling with my friend and my knee popped out so I had to stop. He asked if that meant he won (as a joke) so I told him yes, tko knee injury and that he did me like Silva did Cote.