patrick cote

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » patrick cote
AndrewRJ
8/26/07 10:26:21AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cote's UFC record was not indicative to his mma skills. Him kockin grove out shows it, grove was an up and coming mma star in the ufc and his striking isnt that bad. for all the cote haters this showed his skills
waylon_o
8/26/07 10:30:44AM

Posted by AndrewRJ

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Cote's UFC record was not indicative to his mma skills. Him kockin grove out shows it, grove was an up and coming mma star in the ufc and his striking isnt that bad. for all the cote haters this showed his skills

I agree...I've always said Cote was better than what he's previously showed. I'm happy for him.
Twenty20Dollars
8/26/07 10:59:09AM
Man when i was watching this fight, like i picked kendall to win, but for some reason i was rooting for cote. and he did exactly what he needed to do work from the clinch and shorten kendall and use those heavy hands. Sucks that i picked kendall but very good that cote won.
gspfan31
8/26/07 11:38:32AM
i wonder who cote is gonna fight next

i'd like to see him fight martin kampman
nickcuc547
8/26/07 11:42:40AM
kalib starnes vs. cote would be a great fight imo, i would love to see them two go at it.
Jackelope
8/26/07 1:36:36PM
Cote's got a long way to go, I think. He's got devastating knockout power, and luckily for him he got to use it last night, but still.... he's got a long road ahead of him and he better shape up quick.
Pitbull09
8/26/07 7:24:37PM
Im not a Cote fan or a Kendel hater but I knew that this forum wasnt giving Cote the credit he deserved. He a very good Canadian fighter nad Kendel is still trying to earn his place.

I made 200 on Cote in wager, was to scared to pick him though unfortanetly
Violence108
8/26/07 7:47:24PM
cote's KO over Grove was amazing did not see it coming though, i picked Grove to win , that fight looked alot like Grove vs Hector in KOTC, am i right
fullerene
8/26/07 9:50:02PM
Nice thread.

I'm probably one of the people guilty of doubting him. I guess it comes down to how tough his style is to define and how little a pedigree he has outside of MMA. He's not a former boxer, wreslter, kickboxer, submission grappler, judoka or anything else at a high level and his style is indicative of that. But some guys are just born and trained to do MMA and maybe he's one of them. Seems like a nice guy, so I'll be happy to have my skepticism proved wrong.
JimiMak
8/26/07 10:13:36PM
I made $ and points on him. I've always liked him, don't know why but I knew he was better than ppl say. I'm glad to see him get a really good win.
adamal
8/26/07 11:32:30PM
I felt really good for Cote too. He's a good fighter and hopefully he can turn this fight into a little run for him in UFC. He's got the tools for sure.
Naturaldisaster
8/27/07 12:04:17PM
I wanna see Cote fight Ed herman or Okami
jgtribbett
8/28/07 6:35:32AM
i will say this.. cote was more impressive than i thought he would be. i shoulda known to go with the vet here. oh well.. good luck to him and hopefully grove can recover for another fight
jgtribbett
8/28/07 6:36:36AM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

I wanna see Cote fight Ed herman or Okami

okami would ******* destroy cote.. sorry
xchickox
8/28/07 12:11:23PM
that right hand from cote was awesome but i dont see him getting that far up the ranking, i think he would lose to most of the top fighters
keith-hackney1
8/28/07 12:20:12PM

Posted by AndrewRJ

I have tried to preach this statement for so long about the mma fights were seeing today... Same with cote, theres no easy fights anymore, fighters are training harder because the rewards are bigger and better. Cote trained harder than grove and as a result was victorious !!!!

Very happy for cote, he deserves it !!!