Pat Curran Injured, Out of Bellator 73

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Pat Curran Injured, Out of Bellator 73
lohmann
8/14/12 8:20:40PM
The summer of injuries has now touched Bellator Fighting Championships as well.

Bellator featherweight champion Pat Curran has been forced out of his scheduled title fight against Patricio ‘Pitbull’ Freire for next weekend’s Bellator 73 show.

Curran suffered a broken orbital bone while sparring for the fight, and the injury will likely sideline him for several months.

According to the report from ESPN, Bellator will now bump up the bantamweight tournament finals between Marcos Galvao and Luis Nogueira to the main event slot.

link
Cooler
8/14/12 8:23:00PM
That's too bad, Patricio Pitbull is easily one of the best unknown talents. I wanted him to shine and finally get that title especially after the fishy Joe Warren fight, guess he's gotta wait.
Twenty20Dollars
8/14/12 8:26:14PM
NOOOOO GOD, NO GOD PLEASE NO,? NO... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

FastKnockout
8/14/12 8:31:57PM
Damn. That reallly sucks.
lohmann
8/14/12 8:36:53PM
That is a pretty gnarly injury to suffer during camp.

According to Curran's Twitter, it was his second-to-last sparring session this, as MMAJunkie reports, happened:

Curran's cousin and trainer, Jeff Curran, said the Bellator champ was suffering from a knee problem and had decided to focus on boxing rather than muay Thai in the final week of training camp. During a sparring session at his training home near Chicago with a boxer he'd worked with for the past eight weeks, he "ducked into a punch" and suffered a broken orbital.

link
Poor_Franklin
8/14/12 8:58:56PM
ugh i have tickets for this. very disappointed
tcunningham
8/14/12 9:06:11PM
bummer. now this card has lost most of its value to me.
sparky
8/14/12 9:15:23PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Your the first person I thought of when I read this

shitty news that really damages this card in my opinion
prophecy033
8/14/12 10:21:17PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

I'm sorry P_F, hopefully they make it up to you guys
Goatenstein
8/14/12 10:33:33PM
This was my most anticipated fight. I will cry now.
hashyandy4
8/14/12 11:39:27PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Damn. That reallly sucks.

Agreed, Horid News
pmoney
8/14/12 11:58:33PM

Posted by Cooler

That's too bad, Patricio Pitbull is easily one of the best unknown talents. I wanted him to shine and finally get that title especially after the fishy Joe Warren fight, guess he's gotta wait.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Patrico and Patricky Pitbull are awesome. Patricio has been waiting for his title fight for a long ass time now.

There are a bunch of the Pitbull Brother's fights in the PG video section, guess I'll have to go rewatch those.