Pat Barry Talks About The Day He Cashed His $120K Check

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Pat Barry Talks About The Day He Cashed His $120K Check
scoozna
11/2/09 10:36:19AM
It wasn't until Tuesday when I got back home that I got a knock on the door, a special delivery for me. I opened it up and when I saw it, I was like, 'What the...' They weren't joking man they seriously sent me a check for $120,000.
Pat Barry deposits his check...

...funny guy. Everyone likes him.
mentalcase
11/2/09 11:36:17AM
he can buy a new car now
Jackelope
11/2/09 12:05:00PM
I'm happy for Pat Barry. He seems like a genuinely good dude

He earned the hell out of that check, though. Considering his eye coupled with what has got to be some sore legs (he took quite a few leg kicks from Hardonk)
george112
11/2/09 1:47:28PM

Posted by Jackelope

I'm happy for Pat Barry. He seems like a genuinely good dude

He earned the hell out of that check, though. Considering his eye coupled with what has got to be some sore legs (he took quite a few leg kicks from Hardonk)

i gotta agree.

fighters being humble like that makes me like them about 10x more than the normal fighter.just because i see them as normal people just like me

i look forward to see him back in the octagon.

best of luck to him
MisterFreeze
11/2/09 2:22:23PM
I will never receive a 120,000 dollar check!! He should frame it!
brooklynbadass
11/2/09 2:23:54PM
guess zuffa does not take out taxes?
KaibaThedon
11/2/09 2:59:28PM
Yay he got his money!
cloud301336
11/2/09 5:22:06PM
he deserves it with that KO he got and i hope there's more to come
BustedKnuckle
11/3/09 7:49:28PM
Barry seems like a pretty down to earth guy. Funny, and has some serious power in his hands. The way he put Hardonk away was great. Cant wait to see more of him. When he lost so easliy toTim Hague, I thought the hype or die train had been derailed, but all was not lost. WAR PAT BARRY!!!!
EliasG
11/4/09 9:58:01AM
Hopefully he doesn't spend it all. Yikes. And the bank? I hope he doesn't put it in t here and pull less than 1% in interest. He should take 60K and put it in an investment and give it about 7 years and it'll double and he won't have to pray for a KO bonus anymore.

I hope these guys get good financial counseling. The worst thing he could do is buy a car...yikes.
MisterFreeze
11/14/09 11:13:02PM

Posted by brooklynbadass

guess zuffa does not take out taxes?

Well it's probably done 1099 style, where he is required to take care of his own taxes and he'll end up having to pay it all at once before tax day.
vomitshovel
11/15/09 5:28:04AM
What a fella...
yes everyones been down and out but imagine now your only attribute you can do is fight, and your signed in to fight this big name Antoni Hardonk thats a LOT of pressure.
GO PAT
MMAcca
11/15/09 7:06:55AM
Barry and Kongo will be a war.

I mean he's never going to be a title contender and any HW with some sort of ground game will submit him, but he's a great character and excellent to watch.
warglory
11/15/09 11:38:29AM

Posted by EliasG

Hopefully he doesn't spend it all. Yikes. And the bank? I hope he doesn't put it in t here and pull less than 1% in interest. He should take 60K and put it in an investment and give it about 7 years and it'll double and he won't have to pray for a KO bonus anymore.

I hope these guys get good financial counseling. The worst thing he could do is buy a car...yikes.

But what if he NEEDS a car?

Investing is a privilege for those in a stable financial situation, so as to allow you the opportunity to take money and place it somewhere else instead of spending it.

Pat Berry needs to pay off his bills and buy a new car. It's good for the soul to be financially free. I know I'd pay off my 50,000 school loan debt before I invested any day.
EliasG
11/16/09 11:49:57PM
you probably have 7% interest or less on that 50G and it is a tax write off. Keep that payment. If you pay off the loan you'll just be 50G down without a tax write off. ;)

And if he HAS to buy a new car, he should be a used car. Cars are the world's worst investments. Why anyone would buy something worth 35K that was worth 15K less the minute they drive away is beyond me. ;)

And no, investment isn't for those that are completely financially stable, it's for everybody who wants to BE financially stable. Long view v. short view. ASk Nicolas Cage and Antoine Walker if they want a 'do over'. :)
MisterFreeze
11/19/09 8:39:42PM

Posted by EliasG

you probably have 7% interest or less on that 50G and it is a tax write off. Keep that payment. If you pay off the loan you'll just be 50G down without a tax write off. ;)

And if he HAS to buy a new car, he should be a used car. Cars are the world's worst investments. Why anyone would buy something worth 35K that was worth 15K less the minute they drive away is beyond me. ;)

And no, investment isn't for those that are completely financially stable, it's for everybody who wants to BE financially stable. Long view v. short view. ASk Nicolas Cage and Antoine Walker if they want a 'do over'. :)

You sound like a financial genius!
EliasG
11/20/09 8:07:00PM
No, the genius is the guy that buys the nicest car he can find, with the best rims, and the best soundsystem. That guy is smart.