PARISYAN VS HAZELETT AGREED TO FOR UFC 106

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » PARISYAN VS HAZELETT AGREED TO FOR UFC 106
mentalcase
8/24/09 9:54:31PM
A welterweight bout pitting returning fighters Karo Parisyan and Dustin Hazelett against each other has been verbally agreed to for UFC 106 on Nov. 21 in Las Vegas. Sources close to the bout confirmed the agreement to MMAWeekly.com on Monday.
link
postman
8/24/09 10:02:11PM
Hazelett. I done with Karo he can't take the pressure of the big stage. I won't waste another pick on him.
loller90278
8/24/09 10:02:48PM
what a sick match up! well done joe
scobac
8/24/09 10:10:11PM
I have to go with Hazelett, I think karo's best days in the ufc are behind him. I think it's safe to say the WW division has past him by. He started his career as a submission machine but now hasnt locked one in in six years, I do still think he is a good fighter but more of a strikeforce WW not a ufc WW.
RandyCouture
8/24/09 10:25:58PM
Great Matchup Glad to see Hazelett back in action finally hes an exciting fighter always bring it cant wait for this.

Hazelett by UD
scoozna
8/24/09 10:31:10PM
I was just wondering about both of these guys, this fight F'n rocks. I used to love Karo, but I'm on the Hazelett bandwagon now. I hope Hazelett slaps a flying triangle on that weeny.
Copenhagen
8/24/09 10:31:49PM
Karo has zero KO power, he hasn't even TKOed someone in his career. Although, I don't think Karo has to worry about getting rocked in this fight either. In my mind this fight ends in 2 ways: Karo by D or Hazelett by Sub.
Karo is very capable of controlling Hazelett for 3 rounds, with the help of his judo, while avoiding the sub and coming out with a decision.
I know the last thing fans want to see is another Karo decision, but that is how I'm seeing it.
I will probably pick Karo.
george112
8/24/09 10:32:37PM
i think im going to go with Karo on this one.

i think if he comes in focused and ready ge can pull this off.

aint gonna be easy.but i think he can do it
StorminYourman
8/24/09 10:37:06PM
Karo by Decision if he shows up clean if not I will go No Contest.

Quick impression of Karo after a quick coctail of Hydrocodone, Hydromorphone and Oxymorphone

GrandMaster313
8/24/09 10:42:59PM
I dont know what everyone is excited about. I see Karo refusing to take the fight to the ground and I don't see Hazelett taking Karo down unless he gets a lucky strike. This only leads me to believe that this fight will be drawn out in a poor display of striking.

It's a toss up who lands more strikes. For now I'll go with Hazelett as he has in my eyes a brighter future in the UFC !
tepid55
8/24/09 10:53:06PM
I think Hazelett will win by either submission or decision.
Nightmare27
8/24/09 10:59:04PM
Glad to see both back in action. Hope it ends up being a good fight but has the makings of a borefest.
higdon10
8/24/09 10:59:05PM
Gotta go with Hazelett in this one. He will out-strike Karo to a UD victory.
gartface
8/24/09 11:06:29PM

Glad to see he's not getting a step down in competition. Just keep in mind Karo has never been submitted, and to whoever said he's never TKO'd someone, he made the GOAT submit to strikes, very similar in my mind.

Hazelett is a wizard on the ground, and has improved the stand up, but I don't know if he has any answer in the clinch for Karo.

I pray to God that Karo has re-focused, ditched the pills, and actually goes to Albuquerque to train with Greg Jackson.
StorminYourman
8/24/09 11:23:18PM

Posted by gartface

Glad to see he's not getting a step down in competition. Just keep in mind Karo has never been submitted, and to whoever said he's never TKO'd someone, he made the GOAT submit to strikes, very similar in my mind.

I think you may be thinking of Matt Serra who still rocks IMHO. Karo is a decison master. His motto should be "when Karo is fighting you know it is going the distance,Bro"
RearNakedJoke
8/24/09 11:35:36PM
not interested in this fight unless karo got over his pride and got his leg fixed in his time off. otherwise hazelet sub of the night.
Playground_Samurai
8/24/09 11:43:20PM
I like this match up a lot. Hazelette is one of my favorite fighters, and this will tell us a lot about where he sits in the division. Although a lot of fans have become frustrated with Karo's lack of excitement, he is still rather young and has a lot of potential. That being said, this is a good chance for Dustin to take a big step forward and let everyone know he's a contender. Tough fight to call. I'm hoping for something similar to Karo's grappling wars with Diego and Diaz.
prozacnation1978
8/25/09 12:14:45AM
tough pick but great fight
KaibaThedon
8/25/09 12:25:21AM
Karo has submitted 2 guys with strikes which is pretty much a TKO.

That being said,

I think I'm going to go for McLovin lol.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
8/25/09 12:36:17AM
great fight!!!! looking forward to this one for sure
StorminYourman
8/25/09 2:20:27AM

Posted by KaibaThedon

Karo has submitted 2 guys with strikes which is pretty much a TKO.

Who?
jae_1833
8/25/09 2:41:25AM
Nick "The Goat" Thompson at UFC 59 is the only official one. Karo will get a decision nodded to him again.

Karo
Khaos
8/25/09 8:47:45AM
I think Hazelett wins the fight, late submission or UD.
gartface
8/25/09 9:57:36AM

Posted by StorminYourman

Posted by gartface

I think you may be thinking of Matt Serra who still rocks IMHO. Karo is a decison master. His motto should be "when Karo is fighting you know it is going the distance,Bro"

Doesn't even seem like you read my post...

Like I said he made the GOAT submit to strikes, thanks Kaiba and Jae for backing me up.
Rush
8/25/09 11:15:53AM
As an old judo player, I used to be stoked to see Karo fight, but that isn't the case now. I don't think Karo has evolved with the game. Like Hughes with his wrestling, he tries to set everything up with a throw, when it works, he doesn't have the finishing ability, but ends up getting the UD. When it doesn't work he loses. His striking has not developed enough for him to hang with a decent striker with a decent clinch. In fact, I don' t think Karo could get a W from any of the top 5 WW fighters right now and possibly others too.

NatedawgThaM
8/25/09 12:21:27PM
If Karo is focused and has put the past year or 2 behind him, I think he wrecks Dustin in a pretty good fight though. I dont even care if its a decision I love watching Karo fight, hes never in a boring fight. Just because a fighter goes the distance all the time does not mean hes not exciting in those wins. I think Karo will dominate the clinch and throw Dustin all over the place but on the feet Karo will slug but Dustin will probably outpoint but I definitely see this fight being very exciting but I see Karo coming out on top with some great throws, GNP, and having some exciting exchanges in the clinch. Karo UD.