Parisyan Out, bout with Yoshida scrapped!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Parisyan Out, bout with Yoshida scrapped!!!
Taylor8766
9/5/08 2:43:39PM
According to UFC.com Karo Parisyan has been forced to withdraw from his bout with Yoshida due to a back injury, and let me tell you I am very upset that this fight isn't going to happen I was really lookng forward to it.
The_Ho_Bag
9/5/08 3:13:01PM
Karo got saved yoshida was going to wipe the mat with karo, im pretty mad as well =(
cdnpride1
9/5/08 3:19:30PM
another 1 bites the dust
Twenty20Dollars
9/5/08 3:48:34PM
are you kidding me. Karo was in my parlay! weigh ins are almost here
jawbreaker517
9/5/08 4:31:32PM
I really could care less. Karo is not even on my top ten to see list. His only exciting fight, in my opinion, is when he fought Diego, and he still lost. He is the definition of a gatekeeper and he shouldn't even be in the UFC.
ziegler3334
9/5/08 5:22:10PM
I'm a little upset about this being cancelled, but im more upset with what fight is replacing it on ppv. Matt Brown against Stun gun kim will be aired now. IMO there are 3 fights more exciting on the undercard.

Carneiro v Chohan is the best here. Its going to be close hard battle

Tavares v Pelligrino is another close match up that could go either way

MacDonald v Lambert - MaDonald just had a great fight with Maia, why not show him again?

We'll see how it goes, but Im hoping Brown Kim ends quick so we can see one of these more exciting fights
postman
9/5/08 6:19:51PM
Sucks that was going to be a great fight IMO
Stills79
9/5/08 6:25:44PM

Posted by jawbreaker517

I really could care less. Karo is not even on my top ten to see list. His only exciting fight, in my opinion, is when he fought Diego, and he still lost. He is the definition of a gatekeeper and he shouldn't even be in the UFC.

I don't like the guy, but he does belong in the UFC and I am mad as hell that this fight isn't going to happen. The dude is only 25 years old and will only get better with experience. This would have been a good fight dammit!!
CwB
9/5/08 6:31:01PM

Posted by jawbreaker517

MFOTHER
9/5/08 10:44:49PM

Posted by jawbreaker517

thats enough for a family of trolls

Diamondback2
9/5/08 10:56:23PM

Posted by BigTomZ

I don't see why they couldn't get someone to replace Karo. It is short notice but I'd bet if he called coaches at a couple top schools they'd have someone ready to fight immediately.

Because they have to get the Athletic Commisions to approve the fight. Which causes 2 problems:

1:) You have to get a through doctors check which takes a day or two.

2:) You're going to be hard pressed to get any AC to allow ANY UFC newcomer to face Karo. Now that Alves beat Hughes look at the record

Loss 1 and 2: Sean Sherk, Former UFC Lightweight Champion

Loss 3: Georges St. Pierre, Former UFC Champion, Current UFC Champion

Loss 4 and 5: Diego Sanchez and Thiago Alves, Both fighing each other more than likely for a title shot.

If you go to an AC and say:

I want to put a guy that has fought agianst: Sherk, GSP, Shonie, Diaz,, Serra, Thompson, Sanchez, Fickett, Burkman, Chonan. and Alves

and fight him against:

a guy that has never fought in the UFC and has beat one or two decent name tops

they will do this ------>

This does seriously blow . I was really looking foward to this fight.
Wolfenstein
9/6/08 7:09:43AM
Randy Couture confirms te back injury and that Karo has had difficulty walking. Seemed fishy, but I'll take him at his word.

Link
rabbit915
9/6/08 10:35:30AM
This is the one fight on this card that i was really interested in seeing. I dont think im going to be going to B dubs tonight anymore.