Paranormal/Ghost/Alien/Weird Stories

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Paranormal/Ghost/Alien/Weird Stories
ChrisSabal
5/31/12 11:17:51PM
It is one of those nights for me where I am looking up random youtube videos and I was supposed to participated in a Ouija board thing tonight but I couldn't.

So that leads to me ask you guys if you have any stories to share.

I can share one that doesn't involve me but instead my girlfriend's mom. She tells us to never mess around with a Ouija board because she believed when the one time she did it she let 2 demons into their old home which caused her to move and she has only told my girlfriend this story once and is very disturbed by it.

So do you guys have any weird stories to share from yourself, mom, dad, friend, etc.?
infestructure
5/31/12 11:24:29PM
Whats weird is how people give these things so much power.

Ooh don't play with a Ouija board, you might summon a demon!

Seriously if that happened I think they would be banned/in a government research facility. Every single 'ghost story' or 'paranormal activity' has a plausible explanation, most explanations having something to do with the gullibility of some humans.
Bubbles
5/31/12 11:51:29PM
I watched the X-files
Ordep
6/1/12 1:29:35AM
I picked the wrong thread before bed
FastKnockout
6/1/12 1:32:15AM
My mom mentioned a few bad experiences with Ouija boards as a young girl but never went into detail.

Then again, my mom is bat shit crazy.
tcunningham
6/1/12 1:54:07AM
i'll stick to reason over gullibility (i hope thats a word). i think the human brain has an incredible ability to make things seem extremely real to someone if they believe it to be true. i watched a show about some asshole munks that can raise their body temperatures by as much as 14 degrees through meditation. it was a documented thing. now put that same kind of mental energy into believing that you just saw a ghost or that you believe there is an invisible being than there is a very good chance that the person thinking this will be totally convinced that what they saw or believe is actually real. sorry for not telling a scary ghost story.
gartface
6/1/12 9:52:11AM
So here goes...

I lived with my brother, his wife, and their son(his step son) from 2010 till almost 2012, and some strange stuff happened in that house. At first it was nothing beyond the usual toys turning on by themselves in a room no one was in, and doors closing and such, but their son started experiencing more.

First off, he was between 4-5 the time that I lived with them. His room is the main one in question, and even though it's his room, with all of his stuff, he refuses to sleep in there because of how creepy it is. My brother and his wife didn't even like sleeping in there with him, say if they fell asleep reading him a story or something.

Well one day, my brother was off at work, and his wife and their son were eating lunch at the dining room table together. Everything was going fine, then Leo(their son) asked his mom "Is Danny(my brother) here?" She proceeded to laugh and said "Of course not, he's at work sweetie." He then proceeded to say something along the lines of "I heard someone talking." She laughed and asked him "What are they saying?" And in a soft whisper and a straight face he proceeded "Leo...Leo..." Needless to say, my sister in-law felt the blood drain from her face and her heart drop. There are a couple other instances of things like that.

Summer of 2010, when I was still living there, my brother had graduated with his Master's from UGA(there you go Ordep), so the house was filled with my parents, sister, her boyfriend at the time, and a couple of friends. Well when time came for sleeping arrangements, there weren't enough beds for all the heads, so two of us slept in the living room - me and my brother's best friend. I believe my nephew was at his dad's house, so my brother's friend grabbed his mattress off of his bed and put it out in the living room, and I was on the couch. Well shortly thereafter, we're still up talking or watching ESPN or something, and noises started happening. My nephew's toy motorcycle, which was in the unoccupied dining room started going off. Then more noises, which I'm not sure what they were because we were too scared to go look, proceeded.

So we finally shake it off, and go to sleep. We wake up the next morning, and we're all getting ready when my sister and her boyfriend start telling us about the weird night they had. They slept in my nephew's room, the "haunted" room in question. She said that the door opened, and when she went to the restroom, she saw some shadow go across the hallway, only to find that when she went back to the room her boyfriend was still dead asleep. He experienced similar things happening as well.

Long read, I know, but some creepy stuff goes on in houses, and I, like some of the above posters, like to chalk it up to something just happening, but it doesn't mean that it doesn't creep me out.
pmoney
6/1/12 1:39:14PM
I had a LONG ass reply going woth lots of weird shit I've seen/experienced, and my Android browser "force closed". Coincidence? Doubtful! I'll say this though, while a lot of stuff can be chalked up to the power of suggestion, or an overactive imagination, there is some real shit that happens that begs an explanation.
KungFuMaster
6/1/12 2:08:57PM

Posted by pmoney

while a lot of stuff can be chalked up to the power of suggestion, or an overactive imagination, there is some real shit that happens that begs an explanation.

You said it perfectly.
Shawn91111
6/1/12 3:09:52PM
When I was 15 my grandfather had been dead for 2 years. I was over my grandmothers house and my 5 yr old cousin was there as well. He was outside in the backyard and I went outside and heard him talking to someone. I listened and he was carrying on a full conversation with my grandfather. Calling him by his name etc. It was pretty weird.

I do believe in weird stories...sherdog has a huge thread commited to it and anyone that needs a time waster should check it out.

LINK
cowcatcher
6/1/12 3:12:10PM
I don't have any ghost stories, and I've never seen anything to make me believe in them so I'm skeptical at best. I do have friends and family that are firm believers though, and they speak with a lot of conviction when they talk about it.

Aliens are another story as far as I'm concerned. I haven't seen anything firsthand that would make me believe, but the size of the universe alone is enough to make me think that there has to be other life out there. Do they visit Earth? I dunno, maybe. Maybe the ancient alien theorists have some good points, and I've read a few Erich Von Daniken books, and they have some compelling things in them.

There is so much that can't be explained out there, that I can't rule anything out, but it's really hard for me to be committed to the "I believe" side without having seen anything for myself.
jjeans
6/1/12 3:24:25PM
I have one and only one
I was staying at my nans house with my cousin, I'd say I was probably about 15, and there was this one night I won't forget
My cousin doesn't believe in ghosts at all and he's ins if those all brawn no brain guys, built like a tank but not to bright, so anyway I was at his nans and it was late, like 2am, we went into the kitchen to grab some food, just talking as you do, basically my nans house has a weird lay out, the kitchens quite big and the front door is round the side of the house past the kitchen so anyone going to the front door can be seen twice, once at the front entrance, twice from the sink area

So anyway, I sit down and see a white light, on the front of the house window yeah yeah all cliche, it's just a white light like I dunno 6 inches in diameter and I say, looks like theres a torch outside, and as I say this it continues round the window, Jack said I didn't see fuck all, so I watch the other window and nothing happens, next thing you know, the hob which is cooking jacks eggs goes off and the cutlery draw slams all the way open and slams all the way shut, I'm still looking at jack who's about 6 feet away from both appliances he looks at me and says creepy

Then just as he turns around I see the light coming this time from the other window so the one closer to the door moving away from the house, this time it was bigger, jack saw this one too, so we watched the next window and nothing went passed

Jack said it wasn't a torch as he said the light was in the shape of shadow almost

No doubt we both pantsed ourselves

Ran upstairs to bed then about 10 minutes later a pigeon hit the window. After pantsing ourselves again needless to say we didn't sleep well that night

If it was someone how did they avoid the second window each time

The area is not prone to glowing insects, my cousins never seen one in his life and I've seen plenty, the light was much brighter than a glow worm

But yeah, that's my story

My cousin now believes in ghosts and I just don't understand how those events could all be connected unless it was a windy night.... The issue is it wasn't

I prefer alien stories though, if anyone has one of them!
Poor_Franklin
6/1/12 3:51:44PM
i believe in aliens & believe they have been on our planet many times.

i dont believe in ghosts & i have a very large imagination. i'd love to see one, but until i do, i will continue to mock them.
pmoney
6/1/12 4:19:16PM
Alright, I'll try to post again, this is no bullshit. So, its a dark and stormy night. This is incredibly rare in my parts. I live in the fucking desert, it was 92 degrees Fahrenheit last night at 3am and 115 at 3pm. We average 350 days of sunshine. (It's like Norway, but the exact opposite) Anyhow, some of the guys and I are hanging out late at night, and we decide to go to the store and get some munchies. As we are driving, the thunder and lightning is INSANELY close. Real loud. As we are driving, all three of us are blinded/enveloped by white light. There's no noise, no thunder. Nothing in anyone's periphery, complete white. We come to, still driving in our lane, thank god. We stop and look at each other and say "what the fuck was that?" And confirm we all just had the same experience.

If it were very close lightning, wouldn't there have been correspondingly loud thunder? There weren't any other cars on the road, this was desert back streets between 2-4am. Not to mention, we've all been blinded by high beams and this was nothing similar. A close lightning strike is the logical explanation, I guess. But I wouldn't think we would all be completely blinded at the same time. When you are driving in a car with friends, you aren't all staring in the same direction at the same time.....
KungFuMaster
6/1/12 4:25:34PM

Posted by pmoney

Alright, I'll try to post again, this is no bullshit. So, its a dark and stormy night. This is incredibly rare in my parts. I live in the fucking desert, it was 92 degrees Fahrenheit last night at 3am and 115 at 3pm. We average 350 days of sunshine. (It's like Norway, but the exact opposite) Anyhow, some of the guys and I are hanging out late at night, and we decide to go to the store and get some munchies. As we are driving, the thunder and lightning is INSANELY close. Real loud. As we are driving, all three of us are blinded/enveloped by white light. There's no noise, no thunder. Nothing in anyone's periphery, complete white. We come to, still driving in our lane, thank god. We stop and look at each other and say "what the fuck was that?" And confirm we all just had the same experience.

If it were very close lightning, wouldn't there have been correspondingly loud thunder? There weren't any other cars on the road, this was desert back streets between 2-4am. Not to mention, we've all been blinded by high beams and this was nothing similar. A close lightning strike is the logical explanation, I guess. But I wouldn't think we would all be completely blinded at the same time. When you are driving in a car with friends, you aren't all staring in the same direction at the same time.....

THAT AVATAR is really not helping your cause here.
Kpro
6/1/12 4:29:38PM
All of my experiences like these can be explained by the missing blotter paper the next day.
pmoney
6/1/12 4:37:26PM
Next story, also 100% bullshit free. One night, Mrs $ and myself were hanging out with one of our friends, lets call her Angela. So we're at Angela's, hanging out on her back porch, smoking cigarettes and likely drinking Sam Adams. At a certain point, the Mrs. has a "what the fuck is that?" moment. We look up to the sky, and what I see can best be described as a lightning bolt in space. If you've seen still pictures of lightning or electricity, that's what it looked like. Just an arc of electricity floating in space. We watched for hours, as it wiggled around, moving right to left. It only moved about an inch or more to the side in about an hour. Then we watched for another hour as it either shrunk or moved away. It just stayed still and got smaller and more dim.

That was one of the craziest things I have ever seen. I've also seen "traditional" UFO's, shit straight out of the mahabhrata, disappearing and reappearing. We even recorded one on my phone. The sightings I best recall, and the one I filmed, the UFO's look like planets. Very bright stars, no blinking light like dim stars or airplanes or helicopters have. I'll try to upload the video to YouTube or something. It doesn't look to impressive, but I've been meaning to upload it since I would like other opinions.
emfleek
6/1/12 5:01:14PM
Phish + 3 inch diameter puddle of LSD - Sleep = lots of ghostly shit over the course of 48 hours that followed
kopower
6/1/12 5:20:37PM
Don't have too many stories. The one personally that I experienced was kind of freaky. I was at a cabin in norhtern MN, with an old girlfriend of mine. The only bathroom was in the unfinished basement, straight out of a horror movie. You know, the old wooden steps leading down, that are open in teh back. Nice cold, dirty concrete floors, lgiths hanging from the ceiling with pullstrings, and a noisy furnace tucked in the corner. Anyways, I wake up in the middle of the night having to pee. I walk out of the bedroom, and make my way to the door leading to the basement. When I opened the door, and started to walk down, there was a tape measure, fully stretched out, wall to wall. I just turned right around, and held my pee in the rest of the night. The next morning, I told her about the tape measure. We opened the door, and the tape measure was fully retracted back. Still gives me goosebumps.

My cousin moved into his house a few years back. A few months after he moved in, weird stuff started happening. He said one night, he walked downstairs, using his phone as a light. He was grabbing some clothes off the floor, when he heard a noise. He looked up at his ping pong table, and saw the ping pong ball rolling in a circle on the table. He also had a jar fall off the kitchen table a few minutes after he left the room. He said the jar was in the middle of the table when he left. He also had some friends sleep over, and when they woke up, they had numerous pictures on their phones of bright white orbs. He has also heard pounding on the outside of his house, and doors open and close on him.

He ended up researching his house, and their were no murders or deaths there. Everything did eventually end up stopping, but he had a run of about 6 months to a year, where weird stuff was going on.
Bubbles
6/1/12 5:31:23PM
It was winter and there was lots of snow on the ground from a snowfall a day earlier or something. When I was about 8 or 10 I was outside my house by myslef throwing a tennis ball against the house, playing some game I just made up. Somehow the ball ended up in the snow on the grass (probably 1 foot and a half deep) and I went looking for it....couldn't find it. I spent like 20 minutes with no luck. As I walked back towards the garage to get a new one, I heard a deep voice that said "over here." I stopped in my tracks and looked around to see who that was...no one around. So I went back to the grass area and looked again, still no luck. Few weeks later I found the ball after the snow melted but that voice kinda freaked me out. I initially thought it was God or something, but then I figured he had more important things to worry about or look after than my tennis ball.
mrsmiley
6/1/12 9:39:09PM
I have quiet a few to tell but not enough time to tell em now.
Love reading them too. Thanks everyone.