Paranormal Activity

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Paranormal Activity
george112
9/21/09 6:34:11PM
Anyone seen the previews for this movie?

Heres a link to the website.

Link
Kaem
9/21/09 9:36:45PM
I'm gonna see this for sure. I'm equally sure my wife will not.
grappler0000
9/21/09 9:52:00PM
I think I may go see this sometime this weekend.
george112
9/21/09 10:10:25PM
is it in yalls cities??

for me i mean i can go to houston and see it (i live about 35 minutes away)

but lake jackson is so much closer (10 minutes) so im demanding that it be shown in lake jackson

but it looks like an awesome horror movie.and im baffled as to why its only in select cities
Twenty20Dollars
9/21/09 10:31:49PM
honestly it doesnt seem like it will be really scary. But looks decent.
grappler0000
9/21/09 11:03:01PM
only about a 20 minute drive for me
higdon10
9/22/09 12:53:54AM
Looks pretty good.
kopower
9/22/09 10:35:00AM
Could be good. Reminds me of the Blair Witch Project
grappler0000
10/2/09 2:17:12PM
Saw this last night. I don't want to give anything away, so I'll just say that it gets my stamp of approval. Oh, and my wife was scared sh*tless.
george112
10/2/09 4:00:17PM

Posted by grappler0000

Saw this last night. I don't want to give anything away, so I'll just say that it gets my stamp of approval. Oh, and my wife was scared sh*tless.

haha im glad to know somebody went and watched it.

couldnt get it in lake jackson

so ill be making a trip to houston tonight.well i gotta go over there anyways to my dads.either way its only a 35 min drive.
grappler0000
10/2/09 9:10:45PM

Posted by george112

Posted by grappler0000

haha im glad to know somebody went and watched it.

couldnt get it in lake jackson

so ill be making a trip to houston tonight.well i gotta go over there anyways to my dads.either way its only a 35 min drive.

Hopefully you get a better crowd than we had. There were a couple knobs in the audience that put a damper on the atmosphere, but I was otherwise pleased.
Jackelope
10/13/09 8:56:48PM
Going to see it tomorrow night. Hoping the chick I'm with will be scared shitless and in need of some comfort at her house that night
grappler0000
10/14/09 1:24:40AM

Posted by Jackelope

Going to see it tomorrow night. Hoping the chick I'm with will be scared shitless and in need of some comfort at her house that night

Every girl in the place was hysterical when I went, so I don't think it will be an issue. As for yourself, just kick back and let it soak in. I have a buddy who didn't enjoy it because he was too busy analyzing the movie...which of coarse is a quick way to ruin any horror flick.

Make sure you see a late enough showing, so she doesn't want to be alone for the night.
TOMMYAYO05
10/14/09 4:31:40AM
I went and saw it and i thought it was a great scary movie, actually my friends were so scared they had to look it up to see if its a true story because at the end they dont give any credits so i thought it was real footage.Turns out it was all fake but none the less a scary movie still.
Boo_Radley21
10/14/09 6:22:59PM
I would have liked to see this movie. Too bad the closest show is in Toronto.
Jackelope
10/14/09 7:10:11PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

It's being released in other cities later this week. See if it is coming to a theater near you!

Couple more hours til I go and see it.... can't wait!!
george112
10/16/09 4:45:02PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Boo_Radley21

It's being released in other cities later this week. See if it is coming to a theater near you!

so what did you think of it jackelope?
Jackelope
10/16/09 4:51:42PM

Posted by george112

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Boo_Radley21

so what did you think of it jackelope?

I liked it. It never really scared me, but I'm not the type of person who jumps during movies. It did leave me with a pretty creepy feeling, though. The girl I was with was very, very scared throughout the entire movie and definitely didn't want to sleep alone that night I would highly recommend it to anybody who likes scary movies
Rush
10/16/09 6:21:54PM

Posted by Jackelope
I would highly recommend it to anybody who likes scary movies

or who is interested in sleeping with their frightened date.
Jackelope
10/16/09 7:07:47PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by Jackelope
I would highly recommend it to anybody who likes scary movies

or who is interested in sleeping with their frightened date.

That too
Naturaldisaster
10/20/09 9:55:36PM
Great movie, scariest movie ive ever seen for sure. Everyone who can see it should. hopefully you get a good crowd cuz thats what made the movie for me.

At one point in the movie when everything was quiet, a guy in the front row creamed like a little girl and scared the Sh#t outta everyone, it was PRICELESS!
Aaronno9
10/21/09 10:54:51PM
Im just watching this film now. Im watching the 2007 version though. I heard it was only released at film festivals ect, then Speilburg reccomended a new ending and thats whats being shown at the cinema in 09 so ill probably get a differant ending to you guys. Its not even out at the cinema here till the end of November.

Im only half an hour or so through, but im pretty terrified right now. Im just at the part where the chick randomly gets out of bed and goes for a stroll into the back yard.

This is NOT a film to watch at 4 in the morning, in a big empty house, when you have a totally over active imagination and had to sleep in your parents bed the first time you saw Halloween H2O!
Aaronno9
10/21/09 11:03:35PM
Man, every time its just the camera and the couple are asleep or elsewhere, every hair on my body stands up. I want to turn it off, but ive came to far now. The worst part is I know im going to end up doing it all again when the version with the new ending hits UK cinemas.

Edit - Just finished now. I wont be sleeping tonight. Holy ****. In the ending I got, Kate gets out of bed and stands starring at Micah again for like 3 hours, then goes downstairs. Then you hear a scream, Micah wakes up and runs downstairs, then he screams. Then Kate comes back to the bed room with a knife covered in blood and just sits rocking on the floor til 9 the next night. Eventually some friends come over and find Micahs body, call the police, the police search the house and find Kate, who comes at them with the knife so they pop her and thats it. I hear another ending was shown at the film festivals where she comes back to the room covered in blood and walks over to the camera then slits her throat.

What happens with the new ending?
Jackelope
10/22/09 12:01:48AM
SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the new ending she goes downstairs and screams loud as hell. Micah jumps out of bed to run down there, and when he gets down there he screams loud as hell and then everything goes silent. You hear the footsteps coming up the stairs like they normally do, and all of the sudden his body comes flying at the camera, and lays limp on the floor dead.

Kate walks toward the camera, covered in blood, then smiles directly at it. She creeps a little bit closer and then turns evil as **** looking and smashes the camera, then everything goes dark.

Glad you liked the movie, though! Well.. liked as in you were terrified of it. It's really pretty good and leaves you with a creepy feeling for quite some time after you watch it. If you live in a house with wooden floors you're not going to be getting any sleep for a long, long time after you watch it.
Doneskiis
10/22/09 4:35:08AM
didnt really like the movie. i think because it was so hyped up that i expected way more from it. yea there were a few scary parts but i didnt think it was so terrifying that i cant sleep at night like all of the other people who watch it. if i knew i wouldnt of scene it. but thats just my opinion.
george112
10/22/09 2:25:37PM
i made this thread and still havent seen it
emfleek
10/22/09 2:27:12PM

Posted by george112

i made this thread and still havent seen it