Papelbum Calls Out Manny...Again?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Papelbum Calls Out Manny...Again?
DCRage
3/12/09 9:54:18AM
Too bad the Dodgers & SAWX won't meet this season unless it's in the World Series after Jonathan Papelbum's latest comments on Manny Being Manny:

Jonathan Papelbon is apparently still unhappy with Manny Ramirez.

Papelbon reportedly calls Ramirez a "cancer" in the April issue of Esquire. The Boston Herald and MLB.com reported the Boston Red Sox closer's comments on Thursday.

"It just takes one guy to bring an entire team down, and that's exactly what was happening," Papelbon reportedly told the magazine. "Once we saw that, we weren't afraid to get rid of him. It's like cancer. That's what he was. Cancer. He had to go. It [stunk], but that was the only scenario that was going to work. That was it for us."

The Red Sox dealt Ramirez to the Los Angeles Dodgers at last season's trade deadline after a messy divorce, in which the Red Sox felt Ramirez, who had a pair of $20 million team options slated for 2009 and 2010, was trying to play his way out of town so he and his agent, Scott Boras, could test free agency during the offseason. Ramirez eventually signed a two-year, $45 million offer with the Dodgers -- the only team known to have offered him a deal.

"He was on a different train!" Papelbon reportedly said of Ramirez in Esquire. "And you saw what happened with that. We got rid of him, and we moved on without him. That comes from the manager, and it comes from guys like Jason Varitek and Tim Wakefield and David Ortiz. Nobody is ever going to be allowed to do that."

"So Manny was tough for us," Papelbon reportedly added. "You have somebody like him, you know at any point in the ball game, he can dictate the outcome of the game. And for him not to be on the same page as the rest of the team was a killer, man!"

LA-Boston World Series, anyone?
emfleek
3/12/09 9:56:59AM
I get so sick of hearing about Boston, Manny Ramirez and the Yankees...
Twenty20Dollars
3/12/09 12:32:11PM
manny and TO should hang out.
Shawn91111
3/12/09 12:36:54PM

Posted by emfleek

Well once the Cubs do anything of importance then we can hear something about them

Go Yankees
cowcatcher
3/12/09 12:45:11PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Well once the Cubs do anything of importance then we can hear something about them

touche!!!
DCRage
3/12/09 12:49:58PM
Just don't mention the "C" word in Chicago until after the season's over.
fizzle
3/12/09 1:36:50PM
Funny how that cancer put in major work picking up the hitting slack on my Dodgers... I just hope him and the management don't have a falling out anytime soon or he could turn into a cancer
DCRage
3/12/09 1:44:36PM
Count on it after the season. Manny can and WILL opt out of the 2nd year of his contract.
emfleek
3/12/09 1:47:47PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by emfleek

Go Yankees

Burn.

But still...f*ck the Yanks.
Twenty20Dollars
3/12/09 3:54:04PM
its going to be funny if the yankees spend all this money on guys and dont win or make it to the playoffs, sorta like the cowboys.
Playground_Samurai
3/12/09 4:42:14PM

Posted by emfleek
But still...f*ck the Yanks.

and f*ck Manny.

War Papelbon!
RampageOwnedYou
3/14/09 9:18:42AM
Its not Bum DCRAGE
papelbon.
Im not a fan, but the guy is a good guy, and dissing his last name is not respectable. You dont see us dissing your players names, do you?