Top 10 Pantera songs

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Top 10 Pantera songs
hippysmacker
8/29/08 4:45:19AM
A buddy of mine i grew up with were having our monthly phone call, when we revisited a old argument about the bands we grew up with . At first it was who was better Old metallica or Pantera, then we switched to top 10 Pantera songs. Anyway these things are always subjective, and I will spare you all the drawn out discussion. Still I was wondering what other peoples favorite Pantera songs are. Heres mine
1. 5 minutes alone
2. War nerve
3. I'm Broken
4. Walk
5. Revolution is my name
6. cowboys from hell
7. Drag the waters
8. This love
9. Psycho Holiday
10. Regular people conceit- tie -I'll cast a shadow
hotrodttt
8/29/08 4:59:39AM
Let me say that I was the Biggest Pantera Fan a when I was like 10 and still like them

1. Floods- The Solo is untouchable and it could put an Angel to sleep
2. Cemetary Gates- I liked the way it was Soft then gradually became Harder and Harder
3. I'm Broken- I love the Riff on this Song
4. 5 Minutes Almone- It talks about some of theStuff we would liked to do to people everyday
5. Cowboys from Hell- The Song that Launched their careers
6. This Love- I liked the Concepts and the Hidden Messages in the Song
7. Walk- RE-SPECT ! WHAT DID YA SAY !
8. Domination- Great Power Riffs
9. Primal Concrete Sledge- I loved the Little Solo's in this Song
10. The Art of Shredding- One of th Best Beginnings a Song could have
voodoo-jitsu
8/29/08 5:37:17AM
can i cram all thier songs in the the top 10
forever dimebag rulezzzzz
Khaos
8/29/08 5:55:51AM
Just started listening to Pantera right after Dimebag died, so this list has developed since early '05.

It's out there, and most of the kids(teens) I know have never even heard of most of the songs, but any diehard Pantera fan will know them.

1.25 Years
2.10's
3.I'm Broken
4.Regular People(Conceit)
5.By Demons Be Driven
6.Walk
7.Where You Come From
8.Throes of Rejection
9.F**king Hostile
10.Use My Third Arm

I truly love ever Pantera song, but if I narrowed it down, that would be my list.
Mastodon2
8/29/08 8:14:28AM
The only Pantera song I actually like is 10s, even then its only because of the awesome acoustic section and the solo, the rest of the song is spoiled a bit by Anselmo and some imo uninspired riffing. The main thing that turns me off Pantera was Anselmo's "Straining to take a big turd" voice. Old skool Metallica all the way, new skool Metallica all the way!
cmb19932
8/29/08 9:01:23AM
walk owns every other song if i were a fighter that would be my entrance song
Wolfenstein
8/29/08 9:06:21AM
I'm not a huge fan of Pantera, but back in the day when I heard cemetary gates on the Tales from the crypt "The Demon Knight, I thought the song was absolutely awesome.
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/29/08 9:13:40AM
Nice thread, PanterA's one of my all time favorite bands. probly 1st or 2nd

(I'll do a top 15 since my first 6 songs are from CFH ... and cause Pantera are f*cking awesome )

1- The Art Of Shredding
2- Domination
3- Message In Blood
4- Psycho Holiday
5- Shattered
6- The Sleep
7- Rise
8- F*cking Hostile
9- Mouth For War
10- Regular People (Conceit)
11- Becoming
12- Shedding skin
13- Use My Third Arm
14- Floods
15- 13 Steps Nowhere
DJDark41
8/29/08 1:42:59PM
Due to my undying love and allegiance to Pantera, I cannot choose my 10 favorite songs by them. They are like my children, I love them all equally and unconditionally, and if you don't like them, I will fight you. Most bands, I don't really bother defending to my friends, because its just guys screaming and playing as fast as possible or whatever, but when somebody tries to insult Pantera, I take it personally.

But I digress, just like I said the songs are like my children. But there is one kid I like just a little bit more over every other one, and it was the song that has turned me into the insane, long haired metal-head I am today, and that is Cowboys From Hell. The main riff is just a thing of wonder. Such a simple riff, played with the right tone and at the right speed, turns into one of the greatest metal riffs ever created. That, paired with the vicious vocals of Phil and the furious drum-work of Vinnie Paul makes for in my eyes, the greatest metal song EVER. And you know what, how about Rex Brown? No one ever gives credit to poor old Rex for his great work on bass. In the few songs where the bass really sticks out(like Domination during the solo/pre solo riff), he plays fantastic.

RIP Dimebag, you will be missed.
hippysmacker
8/29/08 2:21:11PM

Posted by cmb19932

EDIT- sory CMB, I mistakenly edited your post when I meant to quote it. Fixed now

While I agree it's a good choice, i think 5 minutes alone's lyrics are perfect for fighter coming to the ring. The only song I think is better for a ring entrance is " through the black ": by Demon Hunter
D0wnUnd6e6r
8/29/08 3:17:53PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by cmb19932

EDIT- sory CMB, I mistakenly edited your post when I meant to quote it. Fixed now

While I agree it's a good choice, i think 5 minutes alone's lyrics are perfect for fighter coming to the ring. The only song I think is better for a ring entrance is " through the black ": by Demon Hunter

Check the lyrics to "A New Level"... pretty sick for a fighter's entrance
jiujitsufreak74
8/29/08 3:41:06PM
Walk is number one for me. it is the poster song for Metal imo.
iwannabesedated
8/29/08 3:48:20PM
Id like to be the DJ at a hockey game and everytime someone gets a 5 minute penalty..Id play 5 minutes alone...

for the list in any order

Cemetary Gates
Domination
Fu'king Hostile
Yesterday dont mean shit
Cowboys from hell
I'm Broken
This Love
Revolution is my name
A New level

Khaos
8/30/08 8:18:15AM
For all the people saying 5 minutes alone, walk, and a new level would be good fighter themes, I agree, but think Regular People(Conceit) is on said list.
Jackelope
8/30/08 12:47:08PM
I haven't seen a top 10 list on this thread yet that I disagree with.. so what's that tell you? LOL I could never make up my mind.

I'm kind of with DJDark41 on this one. Pantera is like hallowed grounds that I tread lightly upon. They still remain as one of the few truly musically talented and melodious metal bands. Their legend will live on much like Led Zepplin. 40 and 50 years from now their name will still be at the top of a "best metal band ever" list much like Zep's is atop a "best rock band ever" list.

Back in the day before wrestling matches I used to listen to "5 minutes alone" and the rest of the Far Beyond Driven CD, but I'd always skip first to "5 minutes alone".

DJDark41
8/30/08 5:51:50PM

Posted by Jackelope

I haven't seen a top 10 list on this thread yet that I disagree with.. so what's that tell you? LOL I could never make up my mind.

I'm kind of with DJDark41 on this one. Pantera is like hallowed grounds that I tread lightly upon. They still remain as one of the few truly musically talented and melodious metal bands. Their legend will live on much like Led Zepplin. 40 and 50 years from now their name will still be at the top of a "best metal band ever" list much like Zep's is atop a "best rock band ever" list.

Back in the day before wrestling matches I used to listen to "5 minutes alone" and the rest of the Far Beyond Driven CD, but I'd always skip first to "5 minutes alone".

Pantera is always the band I listen to first to get my blood pumping. When me and my friends used to play street hockey every weekend, they would all sit around talking and getting ready, and I was always the first one ready. I'd put on my headphones, whatever jersey I picked for that day, and would skate around and warm up with Pantera at full volume. After about 2 or 3 songs I'd switch it to something a little faster/more intense(usually something like Slayer). Pantera's music has such a pure brutality and energy to it that you can't help but get pumped up. I just can't sit still while listening to Pantera, its impossible.
Jackelope
8/30/08 7:07:13PM

Posted by DJDark41

Posted by Jackelope

Pantera is always the band I listen to first to get my blood pumping. When me and my friends used to play street hockey every weekend, they would all sit around talking and getting ready, and I was always the first one ready. I'd put on my headphones, whatever jersey I picked for that day, and would skate around and warm up with Pantera at full volume. After about 2 or 3 songs I'd switch it to something a little faster/more intense(usually something like Slayer). Pantera's music has such a pure brutality and energy to it that you can't help but get pumped up. I just can't sit still while listening to Pantera, its impossible.

Amen, bro. I only regret that I never got to see the full band live. R.I.P. Dimebag
hippysmacker
8/30/08 7:53:16PM
I saw them live 4 times back in the day . They always sounded good if Phil wasn't too messed up. Once they actually left after 9 songs becuase he kept falling down. The weird thing was, he still sounded good.
Mayhem13
8/30/08 9:56:03PM
1- Drag The Waters
2- Bleeping Hostile
3- I'm Broken
4- Cemetary Gates
5- War Nerve
6- Planet Caravan
7- 5 Minutes Alone
8- Primal Concrete Sledge
9- Walk
10- This Love

grew up on these guys...they were one of the only things I listened to all through middle school