Palhares Wants To Be Back In The Octagon

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Palhares Wants To Be Back In The Octagon
MMAcca
11/5/08 8:33:27AM
After a great debut in UFC, the Brazilian Top Team fighter Rousimar “Toquinho” Palhares faced the toughest challenge in his career, against the former Pride champion Dan Henderson, and the loss came by unanimous decision. Besides the loss, Palhares only sees good experiences from the bout. “I think it was great, because I wasn’t 100% in my physical strength and even tough I could take the fight till the end. It was a good fight for me and I think they (UFC) liked the fight and my style”, commented.

LINK
prozacnation1978
11/5/08 9:28:02AM
i didn't know the ufc cut him??
he should fight almeida
4u2nv
11/5/08 10:04:44AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

he should fight almeida

Exactly what I was thinking to be honest. Maybe join Affliction and do some undercard fights to up his game if it’s even prevalent.
grappler0000
11/5/08 10:26:06AM

Posted by 4u2nv

Posted by prozacnation1978

he should fight almeida

Exactly what I was thinking to be honest. Maybe join Affliction and do some undercard fights to up his game if it’s even prevalent.

I think he means that he can't wait to fight again.
Cdellorso
11/5/08 12:26:38PM
no way the ufc cut him i thought he was very solid- looking forward to seeing him wreck someone less than Hendo quality.....
Twenty20Dollars
11/5/08 12:39:16PM
yeah i think it means he just wants to fight again soon.

wonder who joe silva will match him up against his second time around.
wrona666
11/5/08 3:42:05PM
He looked like a beast, i doubt UFC cut him hes probably just eager to fight after loosing his debut.....
dannyd1975
11/5/08 3:48:58PM
He was not cut by the UFC
Wolfenstein
11/5/08 3:56:53PM
Just reiterating that Palhares is not cut, and I don't know how anyone could have been lead to believe that from the article.

I can't wait to see him back. If it had been six minute rounds Dan would have been submitted. Give credit to Dan though, he was aware of the time and did enough to thwart the submissions till time expired.

I think he proved he can hang with the big boys, so I expect another top guy as his next opponent. Maybe Nate Marquardt.
Gipper
11/5/08 4:31:45PM
this guy needs to fight filho. they have the excact same fighting style body build almost everything is the same.