Paintball V. Airsoft

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Paintball V. Airsoft
dannyfrank
12/21/08 11:18:45AM
i was watching a youtube video where some dude had a grenade launcher paintball gun and the people commenting the video got into an argument over which is better, paintball or airsoft.

personally, i prefer paintball because it hurts a lot more and i am more motivated to not get shot in the face lol. however, airsoft does have some benefits in that the guns are more realistic looking and are less of a pain in the ass to deal with.

so what do you guys prefer, paintball or airsoft?

EDIT: i tried adding a poll, but it didnt show up for some reason
cmb19932
12/21/08 11:45:49AM
i prefer paintball guns you can see what you hit and i have never once found a place to have airsoft games aginst other people
bojangalz
12/21/08 12:41:34PM
Been a long time since I've pulled out my paintball gear....Ah college- the good ol' days. I'm not even sure Airsoft was around then (6 years ago), or maybe it was just completely off my radar. Either way, after I had learned about it I always figured paintball was what kids got into after they had outgrown airsoft.
aaa9erh8er
12/21/08 1:41:58PM
airsoft is good for indoor play. but they dont fly strait at all. paintball is more fun. but way more expensive
dannyfrank
12/21/08 2:09:02PM
yeah, thats one thing i hate about paintball. between the balls, the guns, and the CO2, its fricken expensive
bojangalz
12/21/08 3:15:15PM
Yeah, I had a little disposable income in college (or may I was careless with my cash...either way I guess.) so I baught the paintball gun, top of the line motorized hopper, scuba tank and fill station for a large nitro tank, sick goggles/mask w/ built in fan...The works.

I must have dropped over $1,500 over the course of a year or so on all that shit. It's been boxed up for years now.
Jackelope
12/21/08 4:49:59PM
I don't know if the airsoft in the states is the same as the airsoft in Europe, BUT- For the most part airsoft guns seem to be weak, but there are several pistols that will draw blood, break glass cups, shoot over 300 ft, etc. etc. It all depends on the kind of gun you have. If you have that kind then the answer is airsoft hurts way worse.

However, if you don't have those kinds of guns I guess paintball is better. I think they both suck ass, but that's cuz I've been lucky/unlucky enough to get in a few real gun firefights, and after going through all of that it seems like both are extremely gay to me.

Oh, and I'd add simunitions to the list. Simu's are way better than both and they never lose their luster IMO
dannyfrank
12/21/08 5:39:07PM

Posted by Jackelope

I don't know if the airsoft in the states is the same as the airsoft in Europe, BUT- For the most part airsoft guns seem to be weak, but there are several pistols that will draw blood, break glass cups, shoot over 300 ft, etc. etc. It all depends on the kind of gun you have. If you have that kind then the answer is airsoft hurts way worse.

However, if you don't have those kinds of guns I guess paintball is better. I think they both suck ass, but that's cuz I've been lucky/unlucky enough to get in a few real gun firefights, and after going through all of that it seems like both are extremely gay to me.

Oh, and I'd add simunitions to the list. Simu's are way better than both and they never lose their luster IMO

ive never done simunitions before. however, i like paintball because its more of a sport and less of a "firefight reenactment"

i dont really want to know what its like to be shot at in real life.
cmb19932
12/21/08 6:54:15PM
i concur living is good
SeanSalmonisGod
12/21/08 7:19:45PM
It's all a matter of preference.

If you enjoy Military Simulation, then go with Airsoft. But if you enjoy wearing bright colored jumpsuits, and hiding behind barrels, go with Paintball
roadking95th
12/22/08 12:01:15AM
Paintball, more specifically Woodsball

I'm to old, slow, and poor for speedball
jakeiceman
12/22/08 12:28:45AM

Posted by Jackelope

I've been lucky/unlucky enough to get in a few real gun firefights, and after going through all of that it seems like both are extremely gay to me.

Much respect man, and your right, they are both trivial games compared to the real deal.

I got shot in the jaw with a sim round and it tore flesh and my face bruised. They are nasty as hell but geeez are they fun.

Paintball is the way to go as far as I'm concerned if your picking between the two. Airsoft has always seemed like childs play to me. Everytime I go paintballing I seem to catch the one ball that doesnt break in the knee or crotch area...its wierd...or maybe my friends are freezing them?

War Paintball

gsquat
12/22/08 1:24:31PM
I always wondered if there were some ballers around here. I've been playing for ten years now, and I've never had any interest in airsoft. I don't know why, just not my thing. I'll stick to hyperball, scenario/big games, and my mini.